Album Surfboards

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The gig is up.

He should come clean.

Any prospective buyer is potentially an erBB sting operation…the photo and video evidence will make the Album Red pics look like photos of grass growing.

What does he think the consequences are of just coming clean and saying that he was riding a PU shaped by Album Matt?

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish and Havoc

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
The gig is up.

He should come clean.

Any prospective buyer is potentially an erBB sting operation…the photo and video evidence will make the Album Red pics look like photos of grass growing.

What does he think the consequences are of just coming clean and saying that he was riding a PU shaped by Album Matt?
Agree…just take your medicine and confess to it all. We’re all just a bunch of kooks spending too much time here with this silliness anyway. No harm no foul….

Edit: Nevermind…I take the above comments back. The entertainment value is too great and has been a welcome distraction from my route as I check for updates throughout the day

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The gig is up.

He should come clean.

Its actually business meeting with Matt. @ReForest is trying to get album to go ibolic so his red dentist is ever lasting:shameonyou:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
That would be recipe for disaster taking out the dent-riddled dentist. I’ve taken out a handful on dents on my three Venerials (soon to be four early next week), but it’s a process not without a decent percentage for error. I wouldn’t do it anywhere where my feet routinely go since it weakens the foam’s cell structure a bit.

My daughter’s Venerial Surf Rx that I bought used for $140 was littered with dents. She wanted a pristine bort once she saw me take out a moderate sized one on one of mine and a couple of her bort’s bubbled. I’m not sure if it’s because her’s wasn’t infused glassed, but it is a possibility.

The bubbles did recess to flush, but they discolored to a light yellow color. It was only two out of dozens and they were the two deepest ones.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Any of you duus have a Fascination? I’ve become intrigued by asyms and think that board would be a good intro to them, especially for the mushy BB that I’m so privileged to surf on the regular.

edit: tried searching this thread, but most of the fascination talk is about the fins.

Reactions: Aruka and oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Any of you duus have a Fascination? I’ve become intrigued by asyms and think that board would be a good intro to them, especially for the mushy BB that I’m so privileged to surf on the regular.

edit: tried searching this thread, but most of the fascination talk is about the fins.
Think that @tedshred5 had one but said he got it too small.

FWIW I really like my 5’9 PU Plasmic asym. Have daydreamed about an varial plasmicEast asym.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010

I have one, better for descent lined up waves, flatter rocker not the best for quick direction changes. * although got mine used mine is my height and I have the g10 fins which are stiff. I like mine in reef surf chest to littl overhead. Looks like they have revamped the model since mine and would love to check that out, maybe a bit shorter tho

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010

FWIW I really like my 5’9 PU Plasmic asym. Have daydreamed about an varial plasmicEast asym.
Not sure if you had standard Plas but if so curious if you prefer asym? My Plas has lots of life yet but think East would be my replacement too although It does look like they have added a but of a bump to the standard issue which might be just the trick to add a bit more control to an amazingly fun boar

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016

Oh I forgot there was a plasmic asym. I’ll have to look more into that

I have one, better for descent lined up waves, flatter rocker not the best for quick direction changes. * although got mine used mine is my height and I have the g10 fins which are stiff. I like mine in reef surf chest to littl overhead. Looks like they have revamped the model since mine and would love to check that out, maybe a bit shorter tho
The boards in my current rotation have pretty flat rockers (plasmic, winged lightbender and a locally shaped traditional fish) so that likely wouldn’t be an issue. I’d also be getting it 4-6 inches shorter than my height. Was thinking it would be an easy transition from those boards based on Matt’s description on the website.

Reactions: chilly1

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
That would be recipe for disaster taking out the dent-riddled dentist. I’ve taken out a handful on dents on my three Venerials (soon to be four early next week), but it’s a process not without a decent percentage for error. I wouldn’t do it anywhere where my feet routinely go since it weakens the foam’s cell structure a bit.

My daughter’s Venerial Surf Rx that I bought used for $140 was littered with dents. She wanted a pristine bort once she saw me take out a moderate sized one on one of mine and a couple of her bort’s bubbled. I’m not sure if it’s because her’s wasn’t infused glassed, but it is a possibility.

The bubbles did recess to flush, but they discolored to a light yellow color. It was only two out of dozens and they were the two deepest ones.
Twas sarc, I wouldn't advise anyone to use a heat gun on poly or eps. I'd probably say the same for Varial but you guys have some success.