Album Surfboards

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
so is album charging more for tweaking dims? looking to get a smaller moonstone with adjusted dims but don't want to pay $1500 otd with tax.
I ordered a custom using their “simple” form then emailed them and asked to modify dims. They did it without any extra charge.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Beak nose?

Attachments

Reactions: thekadvang

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Twinsman pin board review!

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.46.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.46.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.46.59 AM.png

5'9" x 18.75" x 2.35" beak nose twinsman pin. i had a stock 5'4" x 19.25" x 2.25" in varial that I never really clicked with -- had moments of absolute brilliance but a lot of frustrating waves. for me these really feel like "good wave" twin fins and so I wanted something more oriented towards better/larger surf that was longer/narrower/thicker than stock dims. board feels like a blade under arm -- packs a lot of foam with the concave deck and beak nose but still foiled thru the rail/tail

have ridden exclusively in head high + zone waves and it feels really really good. longer board projection and paddling in a small package with the ability to put it on rail and take a high line. the narrower pin is definitely tighter feeling on turns but it still feels rippy with the back foot slammed on the pad. rocker and foam distribution feels solid steep and late -- it definitely does not like a flat wave. step up vibes in a smaller board

have ridden with NVS uprights (felt slightly too big, also whistled) and now with some DRAB twins that might be a bit on the small side. going try some Alkali "small twins" to split the difference

shots from a trip to maui this fall!
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 7.51.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.51.47 AM.png

Last edited:

jwd

Nov 24, 2004
Its actually marketing genius. Boards that work for everyone. Asher Pacey and Josh Kerr = look what can be done on this board. But those guys' abilities are off the charts. Will it work for me? a weekend warrior? Yuri = many people relate to his ability and he still has fun on it. Its genius.

Is Yuri the Northeast sales rep? Why does Matt give him so much time. I have many questions.
Probably cause he is a kook and gets lots of clicks. Its funny you go from clips of asher ripping sick full wrap revert round houses to well :poop:. But who cares he is having fun and thats all that matters anymore right
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: trifish and SD_Dan

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Its actually marketing genius. Boards that work for everyone. Asher Pacey and Josh Kerr = look what can be done on this board. But those guys' abilities are off the charts. Will it work for me? a weekend warrior? Yuri = many people relate to his ability and he still has fun on it. Its genius.

Probably cause he is a kook and gets lots of clicks. Its funny you go from clips of asher ripping sick full wrap revert round houses to well :poop:. But who cares he is having fun and thats all that matters anymore right
[/QUOTE]

hi yuri!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Is Yuri the Northeast sales rep? Why does Matt give him so much time. I have many questions.
yeah I think yuri's revies reveal that the boards are user friendly and easy to ride.
do they? Do people watch those vids and think he’s surfing those album boars better than the others he reviews?? When he bogs a turn, do people think it might be the boar? Regardless of the viewers’ own ability, I’m not seeing where the value of his reviews are or how it would help someone choose a boar- unless you can convince yourself he’s surfing better on this Moonstone than that Lovelace FM or Wills Fish or Seaside & Beyond from before… They all look like dogs

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
do they? Do people watch those vids and think he’s surfing those album boars better than the others he reviews?? When he bogs a turn, do people think it might be the boar? Regardless of the viewers’ own ability, I’m not seeing where the value of his reviews are or how it would help someone choose a boar- unless you can convince yourself he’s surfing better on this Moonstone than that Lovelace FM or Wills Fish or Seaside & Beyond from before… They all look like dogs
Exactly. his surfing looks the same whether he's on that purple 5-4 fish or on a 7-4 Moonstone