Album Surfboards

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
ReFo: That's pretty far behind the fins and wing. Driving this thing, you would probably want your feet over the fins, then step back to turn. You would get plenty of leverage with your foot just in front of the plug, which is well behind the find base. It's not a thruster, so your foot doesn't have to be all the way back (over the center fin) to rip.
I think i'd want my foot just behind the wing.

The problem is the leash guard at the end of the leash makes it even bulkier once its hooked to the leash string, and slides around on the tail. I had a leash string in the middle of 2 of my Tomo keels and it just ends up creating too much of an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
reforest your toes would be hanging off the board if you foot was over the plug. Look where the wing is. The fins are placed with that wing in mind.

I would be more concerned that the 5'5" has a 2.5 thickess. Too thick IMO. The stock 5'10 I have is 2.44 and wouldn't want it any thicker.
Yeah... that is pretty thick. Scratch this one...

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The leash plug along the stringer makes it stronger and less of a chance of ripping out. Lots of shapers put it there for that reason.
I dont usually surf waves big enough or with enough power to have my leash string pulled out. I've never had one pulled out.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think i'd want my foot just behind the wing.

The problem is the leash guard at the end of the leash makes it even bulkier once its hooked to the leash string, and slides around on the tail. I had a leash string in the middle of 2 of my Tomo keels and it just ends up creating too much of an issue.
Save it for the Leash String thread!

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Almost all of my boards have the plug on the stringer.

Im talking lifetime
Came here to say this. Leash plug belongs on the stringer whenever possible, if you want to keep your wings attached to your boards.

And the thickness is 2.4, which is stock. (2.39" if we're splitting hairs. Tolerance in Album's glass shops is on the order of microns.)

Still to big for Reforest.

Jan 28, 2011
NC
reforest your toes would be hanging off the board if you foot was over the plug. Look where the wing is. The fins are placed with that wing in mind.

I would be more concerned that the 5'5" has a 2.5 thickess. Too thick IMO. The stock 5'10 I have is 2.44 and wouldn't want it any thicker.
I bought that one, but I’m on the east coast so waiting on a buddy to ship it out to me next week. If you look closely at the pics, I think it’s actually 2.3” thick (stock dims). Hard to tell until I see it in person so I took a shot at it. I have a stock 5’4” but I feel like I could use a little more foam so hoping this one does the trick!