Album Surfboards

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
just ordered a set of these: https://shaperssurf.com/shapers-x-album-all-rounder-twin/

meant for the Plasmic it says..they look like the TA twins but with the nub smoothed off. I really like the TA's but my set is getting pretty haggard.

i also got a set of the Twuster fins because I've wanted to try them for a long time but they've always been out of stock.

code for 25% off: BFSHAPERS
@Aruka Have you tried these out yet?

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
My custom Album boards are finally arriving.

I got a 5' 6" Disorder and this is good board. It is a playful board, and preferring is over the 5' 6" Twinsman. It carries speed better, and pivots easier. The Disorder lets me work the wave with more ease and with more turns with tighter radius, it opens up the possibilities.

Yesterday, I received 5' 7"x19"x2.38" Bullet Twin (guessing ~29L) and 6' 2"x19"x2.38" Stretched Insanity (guessing 31L). I surfed both them today in good size waves though with currents and wind. My excitement was directed more to the Bullet Twin, but the Stretched Insanity was eye-opening fun. I haven't owned a board in this length that was narrower while also lower in volume. The Stretched Insanity worked amazingly well in everything from offshore to onshore. This board resonates the feel of surfing. I had it set-up as quad, it was fast. I can't wait to try it as a Twin plus trailer. Best response is just "wow"! It has also changed some thoughts on my board dimensions.

The 5' 7" Bullet Twin also went well, much more similar to the 5' 6" Twinsman though with more refinement and sensitivity. I need more comparison, in general the fit is better on the Bullet Twin. Splitting hairs need back to back evaluations.

With that said and to balance my enthusiasm for Album board, my 5' 7" Plasmic EAST is so-so. For me, the board outline is a bit too wide for my preference, even though it carries speed. I did order a 5' 5".

I have one more custom that I waiting on 5' 7" Asymmetric Quad.

2022-03-18 17.55.49.jpg
2022-03-18 17.39.08.jpg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Those look great @j_mac

Bullet Twin is a great time. My 6-4 works great in a wide range of conditions but it made me wonder how a shorter/wider one would feel.

Does the Stretched Insanity have a beak nose like the OG ones?

Reactions: j_mac

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Those look great @j_mac

Bullet Twin is a great time. My 6-4 works great in a wide range of conditions but it made me wonder how a shorter/wider one would feel.

Does the Stretched Insanity have a beak nose like the OG ones?
Thanks man! The Stretched Insanity has a beak nose and truly is a "stretched" outline- the nose is narrower as well as the tail, and the outline is elongated. I will send pictures of my 5' 9" Insanity next to the 6' 2" Stretched Insanity and you see the stretch. I think you would like this one.

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My Insanity is 6-2 but she's a chunky one. I could see a more slender version being good fun although I do really like the one I have in the right conditions.

5-7 Plasmic EAST is pretty big for you I reckon. They pack so much foam.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
My custom Album boards are finally arriving.

I got a 5' 6" Disorder and this is good board. It is a playful board, and preferring is over the 5' 6" Twinsman. It carries speed better, and pivots easier. The Disorder lets me work the wave with more ease and with more turns with tighter radius, it opens up the possibilities.

Yesterday, I received 5' 7"x19"x2.38" Bullet Twin (guessing ~29L) and 6' 2"x19"x2.38" Stretched Insanity (guessing 31L). I surfed both them today in good size waves though with currents and wind. My excitement was directed more to the Bullet Twin, but the Stretched Insanity was eye-opening fun. I haven't owned a board in this length that was narrower while also lower in volume. The Stretched Insanity worked amazingly well in everything from offshore to onshore. This board resonates the feel of surfing. I had it set-up as quad, it was fast. I can't wait to try it as a Twin plus trailer. Best response is just "wow"! It has also changed some thoughts on my board dimensions.

The 5' 7" Bullet Twin also went well, much more similar to the 5' 6" Twinsman though with more refinement and sensitivity. I need more comparison, in general the fit is better on the Bullet Twin. Splitting hairs need back to back evaluations.

With that said and to balance my enthusiasm for Album board, my 5' 7" Plasmic EAST is so-so. For me, the board outline is a bit too wide for my preference, even though it carries speed. I did order a 5' 5".

I have one more custom that I waiting on 5' 7" Asymmetric Quad.

View attachment 126378
View attachment 126379
Do you mind telling me a little about the disorder?

What is the foil like? How about the rails?

Is is a daily driver or more of a hpsb?

What construction did you get it in?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Do you mind telling me a little about the disorder?

What is the foil like? How about the rails?

Is is a daily driver or more of a hpsb?

What construction did you get it in?
I have one. It’s an asym HPSB. That’s the easiest way to describe it. Rocker, foil, contours, rails all have similar attributes to what would be HP daily driver. Mine is slightly wider, shorter, thicker than stock.

Reactions: jkb

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Got my 6-2 Varial Disorder out for the first time today. Paddles like a beast. Rails are slightly fuller than my Townsend at the same thickness.

Reactions: Havoc

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
I have one. It’s an asym HPSB. That’s the easiest way to describe it. Rocker, foil, contours, rails all have similar attributes to what would be HP daily driver. Mine is slightly wider, shorter, thicker than stock.
What size is yours?

Mine is also slightly wider, shorter, and thicker than stock - mine is 5' 6"x19.63"x2.56" (guessing around 31L). I really like the Disorder, and need more time on it. With that said, I feel this board is one of the standouts in my quiver. It is only because I haven't surfed it enough that I haven't said more about it on here. It blends a lot of the attributes of the Album models together. It likely eliminated a few boards in my quiver. I find it easy board to surf while maintaining performance and wave catching.

I can see sizing being tricky with this one. I Yoloed a 5' 10"x19.8"x2.6" (33L) Disorder (which I am selling now). It doesn't scale linearly at this size is very unique - paddles like midlength, catches waves well, and it is fun, it is too big at this size for me, mostly the tail is too wide. I got this after I did the custom order placement. I was worried about the wider tail of the 5' 6", at shorter length/volume is turns and the wider tail helps the board with speed and control without much negatives.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What size is yours?

Mine is also slightly wider, shorter, and thicker than stock - mine is 5' 6"x19.63"x2.56" (guessing around 31L). I really like the Disorder, and need more time on it. With that said, I feel this board is one of the standouts in my quiver. It is only because I haven't surfed it enough that I haven't said more about it on here. It blends a lot of the attributes of the Album models together. It likely eliminated a few boards in my quiver. I find it easy board to surf while maintaining performance and wave catching.

I can see sizing being tricky with this one.
5’9 x 20 x 2.63
Bought it (barely) used.
I emailed Album for a volume number and IIRC they estimated 33.X ish….

Size it a little shorter, wider and same thickness as your HPSB - same volume.

That’s my advice.

Last edited:

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Interesting. I had @MrSteve s old xtr disorder till recently, I felt like the rocker was relatively relaxed with full ish rails and used it as more of a step down (dd for San diego) rather than a hpsb.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Felt up a 6’4 moonstone at the local shop today and it felt right under arm. Moonstone owners, talk me in/out of this yolo

I need to get on the more volume train
For what its worth I've really been enjoying mine. I ordered it with a good bit more width though than the stock off the shelve ones. 6'2" x 20 x 2 7/16 (35L). Longer w/ low rocker took getting used to for sure since its not a stubby fish. Foot placement also a bit, but once figured out you can make it accelerate quickly at will shifting forward or step back and draw out a satisfying long turn at the lip. Running CC keels on mine that feel great. Kinda feels like a DD to me that you could take out any time you would grab a regular fish and also the days that maybe are a little bigger and you want more length/paddle. Right now its getting a lot of use for me. Surfed myself stupid on it the other day when I had a weekday off from work. Was in the water for like half the day and the waves just kept coming. Lost count of how many waves I had, but finally made myself get out because i was starting to flop around like a fish and arms/legs was completely shot. Board was picking up everything though. Probably was around shoulder high