Album Surfboards

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
three sessions on the twinsman and it just friggen works. I don't think I've even had a wave on my frontside either. You could seriously ride this board in 90 percent of what San Diego has to offer....

but why da fook would I do that? :roflmao:

For those on the fence about trying a twin (especially for the first time) this is the one. Easiest twin I've ever ridden.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
three sessions on the twinsman and it just friggen works. I don't think I've even had a wave on my frontside either. You could seriously ride this board in 90 percent of what San Diego has to offer....

but why da fook would I do that? :roflmao:

For those on the fence about trying a twin (especially for the first time) this is the one. Easiest twin I've ever ridden.
Alright, curious to hear your comp with the Stamps twinny...

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I need to get back on it but the plug feels more like a normal loosey goosey twin with a little more reliability in its hold off the bottom and turns. Stamps has more wtf happened kind of moments and Twinsman is easier to ride.

I feel like I’ve done quicker snaps on the plug but overall I surf the Twinsman better. The two aren’t exactly apples to apples due to dims and swallow width alone but I feel like they still fill the same wave range.

I think it comes down topersonal preference. If I had to choose right now and could only ride one it would be the Twinsman. And I LOVE the stamps if that says anything.

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
twinsman. talked to a guy riding one today 5th session still not getting it. gen impression of the theing is needs waves to work probly doesnt really turn on til chest high. not thebest thing for most san diego ays (smal; junk)

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
twinsman. talked to a guy riding one today 5th session still not getting it. gen impression of the theing is needs waves to work probly doesnt really turn on til chest high. not thebest thing for most san diego ays (smal; junk)
i feel this way about it. doesn't have the low end you'd expect given the outline and fairly moderate rocker. stubby thrusters/quads grovel better. twinsman does have good upper end, similar to a HPSB. i've gotten maybe a dozen sessions on the 5-10 varial carbon. mostly been having fun with it. a few wtf moments but mostly due to seriously bad conditions. whenever the waves are fun, it's fun. whether it's a thruster replacement or even a plasmic replacement is still TBD. TA twins feel the best so far. new Shapers twins should arrive soon.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Jan 28, 2011
NC