Album Surfboards

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Great board and I agree that that it can perform as well as many HPSB’s, but IMO, just like a HPSB, it does not perform well in sub waist high waves despite its chonk.

My 5’8 NB2 gets grabbed much more than my 5’6 TM, despite being a liter and a half less volume since it can grovel much better. They’re both Varial.
I’ve always preferred thrusters in waist high and below. Short fat thrusters.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Think I am with u there quicker pivot off the bottom, whereas twin wants to draw out a bit more.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
I am card carrying Twinsman fanboi.

I have had two beach break surfs (honeymoon phase) on 5' 6" Varial custom Disorder that I placed in early December (arrived this week). The length is based on the diagonal from tip to tip, where the center line is shorter. It has a wider outline thats carries through in the tail. Rails are thinner than many Album boards, still full. Seems like there is a bit more entry rocker (not measured). It is an okay paddler. It catches wave very well and can get in late with minimal issue. It lets you hang out in the beach break nudging you to go for everything.

It is my liveliest board to date. I am surprised in how playful and responsive the Disorder is considering its outline, etc. I guess don't judge the book by its cover. It pivots quicker than Twinsman. As I have nothing but the best experiences on the Twinsman, the Disorder might be more fun and actually easier to surf...to be determined

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I am card carrying Twinsman fanboi.

I have had two beach break surfs (honeymoon phase) on 5' 6" Varial custom Disorder that I placed in early December (arrived this week). The length is based on the diagonal from tip to tip, where the center line is shorter. It has a wider outline thats carries through in the tail. Rails are thinner than many Album boards, still full. Seems like there is a bit more entry rocker (not measured). It is an okay paddler. It catches wave very well and can get in late with minimal issue. It lets you hang out in the beach break nudging you to go for everything.

It is my liveliest board to date. I am surprised in how playful and responsive the Disorder is considering its outline, etc. I guess don't judge the book by its cover. It pivots quicker than Twinsman. As I have nothing but the best experiences on the Twinsman, the Disorder might be more fun and actually easier to surf...to be determined
What fins you run on the disorder?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Album NVS - mine is the 3 fin version (quad/twin)
I’ve been playing around with mine. Currently using a Futures EN on the toe side and Stretch quads on the heel.

I need to give it a few surfs.

Might put the Britt on the toe, AM2 and the AMT trailer on the heel next…