Album Surfboards

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I love Hawaii, but I've surfed here since the 80's and it's gotten exponentially more crowded. Yes, the waves are good but it's hard to not think about the 80's and 90's and how less crowded it was.

I enjoy solitude and honestly don't care about what the waves are like. If it's firing, cool. If not, I'm still going to have fun. I've gotten a lot of good waves in my life, including long stretches of lots and lots of good waves with remote work or working nights in hospitality. What I've learned is that there's never enough. You keep chasing. The non event is the event.

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Definitely not. My buddy made boards for Bill Fackerell's Raven Surf Shop back in the late 90's and not a quality wave around.
Matt Calvani? he would post up for a few weeks at Raven and shape a bunch of boars for the shop back then.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
so how does diamond tail go?
Really wanted to get some sessions on it last week but some work duties mixed with some family duties at bad timings kept me out the water. Hoping to get some days on it this week to see how it feels.

Reactions: Havoc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
tried christenson keels in sunstone. no drive whatsoever. may have to try the hobies. i really hate dialing in fins. board paddles and catches waves easily tho so worth the effort.

i think quads may be the way. more conds they work in more drive and turn well. quad sunstone would be rad.
If you can’t get drive from the Hobies then you might want to consider golf or CrossFit because there’s no hope for your surfing.:poke:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
tried christenson keels in sunstone. no drive whatsoever. may have to try the hobies. i really hate dialing in fins. board paddles and catches waves easily tho so worth the effort.

i think quads may be the way. more conds they work in more drive and turn well. quad sunstone would be rad.
what about the stumps keels. don't those have tons of base too?

Reactions: sdsrfr and Havoc

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
If you can’t get drive from the Hobies then you might want to consider golf or CrossFit because there’s no hope for your surfing.:poke:
issue is i've been riding a chilli midstrength quad that just flies in everything from 1-6 ft. the sunstone being over a foot shorter, ironically, paddles better.

crossfit rec is for the foil forum.