MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
plasmic & lightbringer I clicked with right away and still waiting for honeymoon to end. 6'1 Pinsman is the album I've ridden the least since I yolod it last year (got it for better waves), so don't have a great feel for it yet but I like it so far. Someone thought it was "front-footed", so that seems good for me. Kinda tempted by a smaller swallow T.M like that red varial... but hard to justify that and a LB for same waves.

they teased a blunt-nosed dark arts plasmic going up on the site. Maybe I already missed it. probably for the best

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
lotbender was easiest for me to hop on followed not too far behind by the plasmic.

we never cold on the plasmic but def burried a few rails in weakass waves messing around before figuring out how to make the tail slide.

many times tempted by a twinsman but cannot justify until I get a proper fall season on both. had the lotbenter out in the last hurrah of winter and was blown away.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
The first three sessions on my Twinsman I almost hated it. Other guys I know had similar experience. now it’s one of My all time favorites.
I'm on about session number six on my 5'6" (I'm 6' 165). I remained positive for the first two sessions, since it went pretty well in decent chest high waves, but as the waves got smaller so did my stock. I was/am not really liking how it feels under arm. How the deck's chunk is carried through just feels foreign to me.

The waves have been pretty dismal at my local and I was perplexed how it couldn't grovel well. I was riding the Christenson twins and it wasn't really doing anything special for me as the wave heights dropped. I finally decided to put a set of Power Twins in and now I feel like I can pretty much do anything that I could on my favorites (NB2 and Haydenshapes Psychedelic Germ) in meager waves.

I was having quite a bit of fun in pretty much non-waves the past few days, so I'm excited to get it into waves above waist high and with some push.

I sullied the board with a tailpad and was worried that the edge of the flat deck where it transitions to the rail would lend the pad to peeling up, so I didn't put any space between the three pieces to get it to fit just inside the flat area. My toes hang over the edge of the pad when my foot is back against the kick and that area is getting pretty hammered when pushing off my back toes on bottom turns. It's Varial, so it dents easier than other techs in my experience.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
6-4 Bullet Twin has been way more of an instant success than the Twinsman was for me. Really fun at multiple different spots in varying conditions so far. So much glide and speed up front and the thin rails hold through everything. It's not as much of a pivotal ride as the twinsman but it will still go vertical with good technique and timing. I've had some very fun fin drifting turns and end section bashes but the best sensation so far has been entering a steep section with speed, putting it on rail and pushing through a carve. Fark me what a good feeling. 4 sessions down in fairly marginal surf. Can't wait to get it in some real waves.