A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Look very similar to EC weakfish, caught some monsters on live bait in Costa Rica.
They do grow big in C.R. and they are delicious. One of my favorite eating fish.
We used to fish them at night in Flamingo Bay with slow trolled mullet. Really good fishing for them at night.
The restaurants down there typically call them Sea Bass but it's Corvina.

Reactions: Aruka and mundus

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
They do grow big in C.R. and they are delicious. One of my favorite eating fish.
We used to fish them at night in Flamingo Bay with slow trolled mullet. Really good fishing for them at night.
The restaurants down there typically call them Sea Bass but it's Corvina.
One of my favorite eating fish, I think. I've never fished for them at night. Never fished for anything at night now that I think about it. My buddy in Cabo does night fishing a lot but I think it's more of an excuse to drink beer.

Abre is a good guess and not too far off. Within 100 miles or so anyways.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
One of my favorite eating fish, I think. I've never fished for them at night. Never fished for anything at night now that I think about it. My buddy in Cabo does night fishing a lot but I think it's more of an excuse to drink beer.

Abre is a good guess and not too far off. Within 100 miles or so anyways.
I like this reply. Keep the secrets secret! (y)

And LOL at the beer drinking. I'm not going to lie. That is a big part of the night game.

Night fishing for inshore species is where it's at. Been doing it in Newport harbor for years and that is when they like to come out and bite. The Corvina fishing at night in C.R. was how we got them always.

Reactions: Aruka

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I like this reply. Keep the secrets secret! (y)

And LOL at the beer drinking. I'm not going to lie. That is a big part of the night game.

Night fishing for inshore species is where it's at. Been doing it in Newport harbor for years and that is when they like to come out and bite. The Corvina fishing at night in C.R. was how we got them always.
Got ours at a little rocky river mouth between Pavones and Golfito, using a large live baits that looked similar to herring. We did not weigh them but gonna guess at least 10 lbs +.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Did you eat it? I just don't like to eat shark and I've said it before... I don't eat them.. they don't eat me?

I bet this one would have loved afoaf.
Not mine, El O doesn’t wander around down there in the dark anymore. Land or sea. There’s a flaw in your logic, but dream on.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
I googled "where Cookie Puss at"; something about advertising for ice cream in the 70s?

About as surprised as I've ever been re:music. It's the soundtrack antonym to Credence during a Vietnam scene.
best beastboys tune ever ! :jamon:

a cookie puss was a really retarded looking ice cream cake made by the CARVEL chain of soft ice cream stores (NY, NJ, CONN, where else ?)

the owner of the chain was TOM CARVEL, and he used to do these extremely creepy, low budget tv ads for cookie puss, cookie o’ puss (green ice cream for st. patty’s day), and the ultimate, FUDGIE THE WHALE (i’m sure this was a childhood fave of skully, and whoever else was sexually abusing him at the time).

the beastboys wisely chose to pay a homage to the demented mr. c, and his evil sugar/dairy creation...

unlike the majority of the silly damn b:tches who post here, “i got the numbah anyway babieeee”....

(pussy crumbs are often a sign of crabs... :shameonyou: )