2020 can fck off!

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Update:

20 1/4" x 8 pound baby boy arrived over the weekend!

I've been pee'd on 5 times (once in the face), my phone has been puked on twice, we've got a cracked nipple and sleeping about 5 hours a day. STOCKED.

Child birth is GNARLY. I feel like you guys didn't address this enough.

And of course, my Varial Twinsman arrived today as well as a local custom that I ordered in December.
Massive congratulations mate, stocked for you both!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yew, congrats @racer1 !
Everything before was a kind of prelude. Being a dad is the best / worst job ever.
What a time for the new boards! haha. Theres only so much you can do at first. Just be as useful as you can, like offer to change every diaper, and make sure the wife is comfortable, fed, hydrated. At some point in the next days she will recognize you need a break and give you the green light to surf. Get used to shorter sessions tho
And yes, childbirth is nuts. So intense. I remember trying my best to keep my eyes north of the equator and I'm happy with that decision.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yew, congrats @racer1 !
Everything before was a kind of prelude. Being a dad is the best / worst job ever.
What a time for the new boards! haha. Theres only so much you can do at first. Just be as useful as you can, like offer to change every diaper, and make sure the wife is comfortable, fed, hydrated. At some point in the next days she will recognize you need a break and give you the green light to surf. Get used to shorter sessions tho
And yes, childbirth is nuts. So intense. I remember trying my best to keep my eyes north of the equator and I'm happy with that decision.
So far so good. I don't mind problems when I know the solutions. Dirty diapers, I got you bro, 90 seconds and we're done. Hungry, I got you bro, 2-4 minutes feeding and burping. It's just been those two and he stops screaming in my face. We'll see what happens when we get to problems and I don't have solutions. Sleep deprivation is whatevers, at least my nipple isn't cracked!

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Update:

I've been pee'd on 5 times (once in the face), my phone has been puked on twice, we've got a cracked nipple and sleeping about 5 hours a day. STOCKED.

And of course, my Varial Twinsman arrived today as well as a local custom that I ordered in December.
ORALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PURO STOCK!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: racer1

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Congrats racer! It's gonna be a wild ride. I agree, not knowing what he needs is tough, but you'll gain confidence that that's okay, and with time you'll get to know him better. Unfortunately, you'll have to keep listening and learning through each developmental stage (which is often at this age), but you'll also get way better at learning and pivoting quickly.

You seem like a good guy and you'll be a great dad :cheers:

• Love

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Update:

Congratz Racer:shaka: first month is gnarly and worse after my wife gave birth we each got sick for a week and had to take care of each other plus baby:drowning: Start good habits right off and feed last around 5-6pm and sleep for a leazt 8 hours before breakfast feed. Like any thing you need to train and all well be good until terrible 2's comes around and then next disaster is teens:cheers:

• Love