14,000 y/o Toasted Truth!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
FecalFace said:
I read food labels.

You should try it.
Too bad for you that the info on those labels is of little use to you due to your ignorance about nutrition.

You know what you should try? Try buying foods that don’t have a label.

You should also try reading the links I provided earlier regarding the science of nutrition.

You want to revisit this thread in 20 years? If you keep going the way you are you will have diabetes in 20 years, if not sooner.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
hal9000 said:
The paleo diet thing has to be the stupidest sh*t ever. Don't think paleolithic people wouldn't have eaten mac and cheese or ice cream if that's all they had available to them.
Yeah, “our ancestors” back then lived to be 30 at best. Great strides in medicine and nutritional science have been made since the cave man days.

If only fattyface and other like him would actually look at the scientific studies on nutrition.....

BTW, I’ve been avoiding most dairy products for a couple years and that avoidance has contributed nicely to my overall health.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Duffy said:
hal9000 said:
The paleo diet thing has to be the stupidest sh*t ever. Don't think paleolithic people wouldn't have eaten mac and cheese or ice cream if that's all they had available to them.
Yeah, “our ancestors” back then lived to be 30 at best. Great strides in medicine and nutritional science have been made since the cave man days.

If only fattyface and other like him would actually look at the scientific studies on nutrition.....

BTW, I’ve been avoiding most dairy products for a couple years and that avoidance has contributed nicely to my overall health.
They certainly died in the clutches of dinosaurs before they had to worry about getting CaveDad bods.

ps this thread is going very well, thank you all.

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
heelnipstr said:

To put it mildly.

Who knew that the ultimate in stale/historic toast was this big of an issue?

:bowdown:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Looks like they also ate lots of vegetables:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2115127-ancient-leftovers-show-the-real-paleo-diet-was-a-veggie-feast/

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
FecalFace said:
Yes carbs eventually turn to sugar.

When ifail spouted "keep stuffing your face with sugar fat fvck", he didn't say carbs.

He said sugar. I don't consume sugar.

But like everything here, it had to become a political sh!t show.

I cut red meat and dairy out of my diet, don't eat processed foods and eat a balanced diet, in moderation.

Stuffing your face with beef full of chemicals and clogging your arteries while not eating rice or raspberries because it's "sugar", is dumb AF.

Sure you may be cheating your body into burning fat but is unehealthy and foolsih.

There's no healthy substitute for a balanced diet.
Agree with most of this, although you can find healthier beef that is not full of chemicals. It's not cheap though. Responsibly raised chicken is far more affordable.

Also, the consumption of dietary cholesterol and saturated fat has little to do with your blood work. Most of that is driven by the amount of fat tissue on your body and genetics.

The whole keto logic about being a "fat burner" is not accurate. Your body is simply burning the fat that you consume, not the fat on your body. Unless you are in a calorie deficit, in which case your body will burn fat stores anyways :foreheadslap:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
If you want to eat meat stuffed with synthetic hormones in order to maximize someone's profit and think that will keep you "shredded" into your 50s, go right ahead. :roflmao:
It will. Obviously combined with exercise which I do a lot more of than most people.

The thing about eating the way I do that people don't realize is that I eat a lot more vegetables than the average person because my plate, and therefore stomach, are not getting filled with starchy sugars that are packed with calories. Most people who hear paleo, keto, LCHF, etc think that we are eating nothing but bacon and cheese while forgetting the whole veggie part

This guy is in his 50s, eats high fat-low carb, and doesn't look like what you proclaim will happen to someone who has a diet like that in his 50s

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
BillyOcean said:
I eat a shitload of dairy- mostly Greek yogurt

Fermented foods are the shiz
Yeah. Some people can do that no problem. What gets lost in all this nutrition talk is that not everyone is the same.

An extreme example is that my wife has celiac disease and so can’t eat gluten. It totally fucks her up and will actually kill her pretty quick over time.

I can eat all the gluten I want no problem (I don’t eat it much though because it isn’t available at home).

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I wish I had a neck like Laird

Thinking about getting a neck harness

Nothing says power like a thick neck

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
BillyOcean said:

So funny. My 2018 New Years resolution was to get a thick neck.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
If you want to eat meat stuffed with synthetic hormones in order to maximize someone's profit and think that will keep you "shredded" into your 50s, go right ahead. :roflmao:
It will. Obviously combined with exercise which I do a lot more of than most people.

The thing about eating the way I do that people don't realize is that I eat a lot more vegetables than the average person because my plate, and therefore stomach, are not getting filled with starchy sugars that are packed with calories. Most people who hear paleo, keto, LCHF, etc think that we are eating nothing but bacon and cheese while forgetting the whole veggie part

This guy is in his 50s, eats high fat-low carb, and doesn't look like what you proclaim will happen to someone who has a diet like that in his 50s

You are not Laird fucktard :roflmao:

Eating veggies will not unclog your arteries.

But hey, at least you will die of heart attack while being “shredded”.

You will make a beautiful corpse.

You comparing yourself to Laird is like when Steak compared himself to Greenough because they both ride kneelos. Rofl

Totes delusional.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
heelnipstr said:
Duffy said:
hal9000 said:

They certainly died in the clutches of dinosaurs before they had to worry about getting CaveDad bods.

I remember when Squidley claimed that cave men didn’t get skin cancer because they didn’t eat grains.

The Proud Boi sucked it right up :roflmao:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:

You are not Laird fucktard :roflmao:

Eating veggies will not unclog your arteries.

But hey, at least you will die of heart attack while being “shredded”.

You will make a beautiful corpse.

You comparing yourself to Laird is like when Steak compared himself to Greenough because they both ride kneelos. Rofl

Totes delusional.
Ever thought that you feel like you do in your 50s because of your diet? Its pretty obvious to everyone but you

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Duffy said:
BillyOcean said:

How’s the progress so far?

Do you do any direct neck training?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
Ever thought that you feel like you do in your 50s because of your diet? Its pretty obvious to everyone but you
I feel great. Ride 100 miles a week, surf. It's definitely because of my diet.

Growing "sugar" in my backyard. :smile2:

Fuerte is going nuts this year, better than Haas.

May even get a Dragon Fruit "sugar" this year.

Didn't even read the label.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
:roflmao:

Avocados are high fat fruits without a bunch of sugar. At least try and get your gotchas right

Nice plants :cheers:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
BillyOcean said:
Duffy said:
BillyOcean said:

How’s the progress so far?

Do you do any direct neck training?
Well, as with all New Years resolutions, I sort of lost enthusiasm around the 3rd week of January.

I still do neck stuff (lay on back and move my head, up down side to side ear to shoulder...).

My neck is stronger and seems more resilient (harder to strangle) but not much in size gains. I don’t have what you’d call a skinny neck but people dont look at me and think, “that dude has a thick neck” either.

A combination of age, level of commitment and maybe genetics. I have wide shoulders too.

Probably my age is the biggest factor. It’s hard to put on additional muscle mass these days.

I’ve got narrower hips and wider shoulders than Laird though.... :rockin: