“I can’t breathe” 2.0

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
This is what empathy looks like:

Now how do I replace what was in my safe deposit box?
Your mama raised you wrong if that's what you think empathy looks like.

Talk to your bank about your safe deposit box. There's this thing called insurance. Read your safe deposit box contract very closely, maybe you'll find some recourse in there. You could also take the bank to court for not securing your property sufficiently, maybe, might depend what's in your contract.

You have many options. Capitalist market always take care of us.

Edit: As far as replacing anything that had sentimental value, well, you should have made a better decision than to leave that stuff at a bank. your stuff is your responsibility to protect, not mine. That's how America works: You protect yours, I protect mine. Thought you knew this. Why would you let a bank protect your stuff?

Also, I was just reading up on insurance. Some business insurance contracts have riot clauses. Rioting is all part of the system. It's no one's fault but your own, whatever happens to you.

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I’m watching this, and thinking there’s also pride in being involved. And people who have heard tales of other protests as they’ve been growing up
And maybe sometimes the stories make it sound romantic
And this is their time for it to be their story
And possibly some of the poorer communities think the violence adds to the pride

Really, not trying to make excuses or find others to blame, I’m really just trying to understand what creates this mindset
they don’t own anything

they have no economic prospects

the only people they see as role models are drug dealers or absurd outliers like pro athletes or rappers (so drug dealers are the more relatable models)

they have no investment in or connection with productive society

This is not about race per se but due to historical factors has substantial overlap with race

Reactions: Ifallalot

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
they don’t own anything

they have no economic prospects

the only people they see as role models are drug dealers or absurd outliers like pro athletes or rappers (so drug dealers are the more relatable models)

they have no investment in or connection with productive society

This is not about race per se but due to historical factors has substantial overlap with race
They're teenagers. It's normal not to have anything at that age.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Don't sell yourself short.

You could learn and get better with practice. You play the drums right?

Start with the rudiments:

1. Screaming
2. Running from the police
3. Wrecking sh!t

See, it's not as daunting when you break it down.
I don't know the drum rudiments I just know the drums.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Random Guy said:
I’m really just trying to understand what creates this mindset
Hormones like testosterone
City life
Social media
The tendency for teenagers to have the world figured out
And the same sort of "bravery" that prompts an 18 year old to sign up for the military during a war.

Reactions: Ifallalot