Search results

1. A

Official Bird & Nature Post

#phototoobig
  2. A

Coyote on our back wall at 10 pm (taken with my phone, sorry for graininess)
  3. A

Hey, that's my beach! PS: it's female
  4. A

alive or dead, who do you miss from the erBB?

RG, you beat me to it as I wanted to mention Acqua Marina.
  5. A

The official total solar eclipse thread

Southern California sidewalk crescents, thank you solar eclipse.
  6. A

*** The Official What Movies Are You Streaming Thread ***

Bad Sisters is a really good series, similar-ish to Deadwood. We also loved Drops of God which is set in France and Tokyo; it's a compelling story set with a wine backdrop.
  7. A

What kind of hummus are you eating?

The Spicy Red Pepper Hummus was great! I keep giving suggestions to the kahunas at my local TJs, apparently I don't carry enough weight. Several favorite products have been discontinued. Wah wah
  8. A

***The Official Pet Peeve Thread***

Have you considered moving to the right lane? I mean, it could mean they're able to pass you on the left instead.
  9. A

***The Official Pet Peeve Thread***

Stop talking about me in your posts, young man! Chat Checkout works in the Netherlands, a separate aisle for seniors who want to take their time and chat up the cashier. Not coming soon to a Ralph's near you.
  10. A

***Official Real Estate Thread***

It sounds like you and your wife were dream clients, and the agent was amazing in her willingness to put in a lot of time and sweat equity, all for, what, 2.5% of a $182K sale? So many agents in California don't do much of anything, yet bring in that same 2.5% on a $2,500,000 sale (or MUCH...
  11. A

How much sh!t do you put up with to avoid being the asshole of the neighborhood?

That's a f'd up situation. If they weren't assholes, they would have discussed their plan with you, heard your feedback, and, consequently, built the range elsewhere on their five acres. So, they're assholes, and will respond with assholedness. I can't think of anything you could say with honey...
  12. A

How much sh!t do you put up with to avoid being the asshole of the neighborhood?

Bruce Penhall is my age and grew up in my hometown. I didn't know him well but he was good friends with our next-door neighbor. Bruce sure has seen his share of tragedy--in 1975 his parents and three others died in a plane crash after departing Mammoth; his dad was the pilot. Bruce was 18 at the...
  13. A

Jimmy Buffett dead at 76

That was a beautiful, heartfelt tribute; thank you for sharing.
  14. A

Jimmy Buffett dead at 76

Merkel cell carcinoma, more rare and more aggressive than the others. Damn
  15. A

Jimmy Buffett dead at 76

Mid-'70s I saw him perform at The Backdoor, San Diego State's late, great 250-seat venue. Fun concert, and fun fact: he first performed Come Monday at The Backdoor.
  16. A

***Official Real Estate Thread***

Dual agency is illegal in a handful of states, and there are some valid reasons. I mean, don't you want the agent working for you, only? Unless you're in a bidding war, I guess, and the only way to get the house of your dreams is to pay off the agent by getting them both sides of the commission...
  17. A

colonoscopy blues

WTF happened in that ER, and why an ER, because...Canary Islands? Please don't say you'll never have another, just don't have one by THAT guy in THAT place. Another pro tip: when you're that cleaned out already due to a good diet and efficient gastrointestinal system, don't drink all the...
  18. A

colonoscopy blues

That's not ringworm? Looks like a classic case
  19. A

*** Official National Parks Thread ***

Love Black Canyon of the Gunnison, unique and not crazy crowded. Canyon of the Ancients and nearby Mesa Verde are pretty special, too
  20. A

Anchor Brewing...DONE

You do you, Bobby, and feel free to stay angry with others who aren't like you. Seriously, I love well-crafted furniture, so I need to make my own? Same with a car, or home, or wine, clothing...I can only appreciate and enjoy if it's hand crafted, by me? smh