Search results

1. tenover

Wave Warriors III - Live Show + Talk Story - La Paloma

This should be awesome. I think I actually watched my VHS copy to death back in the day... The Archie part was so rad. Link to Tickets
  2. tenover

Need Advice for Fins - Xanadu Wave Rocket 2

I picked this board up today from an erBB member and can't wait to ride it. I need to get some fins(Futures) for it, and I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to fins for a twin/fish style board, so hoping someone here can give me some advice or suggestions. The board is a 5'8" Xanadu "Wave...
  3. tenover

NSR - Motorcycle Dual-Sport BDR

Has anyone here done any of the BDR(Backcountry Discovery Routes)? I'll be doing some sections in Northern Oregon and Southern Washington in a couple weeks on a 2023 Yamaha XT250 and was hoping maybe someone here can give me some tips/advice on packing. Thanks in advance.
  4. tenover

Belly Up - Hoodoo Gurus

Anyone else going next Monday? I think the last time I saw them there was with GEO and crew 10+ years ago, good times.
  5. tenover

Klly.com

Saw Slater's new website pop up on social media this morning. Checked it out, and it appears that it's for a new line of sandals from the champ, but man... This has to be a joke, right? Description Introducing the most comfortable sandal you’ve ever worn, designed by world surf champion, Kelly...
  6. tenover

NSR: Vintage Honda XR80

Anyone here interested in a 1982 Honda XR80 before I post it for sale online? Runs great, registered in CA, extra parts included, etc... Obviously, it has some dents and whatnot due to it's age and use, but is otherwise in great condition.
  7. tenover

NSR - Diving with Orcas in Norway

Not surf related at all, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway..... My wife and I are planning a trip in Dec. 2023 or Jan. 2024 to dive with Orcas and Humpbacks(among other things) in Norway. So far we are sold on a 7 day expedition offered by Valhalla Expeditions(LINK) Anyone done it...
  8. tenover

33 minutes

Just saw a news story on several different channels that says a Hypersonic Nuclear ICMB launched from North Korea can reach mid-America in 33 minutes, and that if China, Russia or another Nuclear Power launched similar attacks, we would likely not be able to defend ourselves(US). That's a bit...
  9. tenover

Trying to plan a 1st time trip to Indo in Sept.

I will likely have the opportunity to take an extended vacation(2-3 weeks) come September of this year. I'll most likely go solo, and would love to surf Bingin and Uluwatu(small/med.). Any recommendations on cheap(ish) accommodations close to each? Planning on bringing my 5'10" Griffin Quad...
  10. tenover

NSR: What Would YOU Do?

So....On Friday night, around 8:00pm, a female neighbor of mine called me and asked me to come outside our house. When I went out, she said that she saw some guy eat sh!t on some sort of "scooter" going down our street, run away, then come back a few minutes later looking for his "scooter"...
  11. tenover

Slater's Doppelganger

Dang, Jorge Martin(MotoGP) looks exactly like Slater with a lot of dark hair. That's it....
  12. tenover

NSR - Inner Universe

Does anyone else here think about this stuff as much as I do? I feel like I've always "known" this, but could never put it into words. This video does a great job of visualizing it...
  13. tenover

Teahupo'o - Biggest wave I've ever seen ridden

Wow... Just. Wow. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf5uoADowRQ/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
  14. tenover

Small GWS breach this morning

Was out at 15th this morning in small, clean conditions. Was paddling back out after a wave and a little 5-6' GWS breached clear out of the water about 20' directly in front of me. Checked the Surfline rewind and found it, although it's a bit far away. The breach is in the upper right corner...
  15. tenover

RIP - Mark Lanegan

Mark Lanegan dies at 57 He had such a unique, awesome voice.
  16. tenover

Classic Surf Stories

Just came across this interview with Mike Purpus and Corky Carroll while going down a YouTube rabbit hole...Classic.
  17. tenover

What happened to the Crypto threads(Asking for a friend)?

Looks like the informational threads on crypto were removed in the last day or two?
  18. tenover

Merry Christmas You Filthy Animals

Hope you all have a fun, safe Holiday(regardless of your religion, political beliefs, etc...).
  19. tenover

New Custom - Michael Miller 7'8" Quad Egg

Just picked up my new custom from Michael Miller. It's a 7'8" x 22" wide quad "egg" with a shallow single to double concave. Wasn't sure what do about fins, so grabbed a set of Arakawa Futures to start with. Super stoked on how this board came out....Waxing up now to try and get some of this...
  20. tenover

Mentawi Trip - Looking to Plan for 2022

I'd love to book a surf trip to the Mentawi's next year, but have no idea where to start. It would likely be either solo or with one other person, and I'm not looking for "perfect" or "big" surf...just FUN, shoulder to head-high peaks. Could be anytime between May-Sept. I'm in San Diego, and...