Trying to plan a 1st time trip to Indo in Sept.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I will likely have the opportunity to take an extended vacation(2-3 weeks) come September of this year. I'll most likely go solo, and would love to surf Bingin and Uluwatu(small/med.). Any recommendations on cheap(ish) accommodations close to each? Planning on bringing my 5'10" Griffin Quad Fish.

I just need a nice place to sleep, relax during downtime and close food. I do not need a pool, yoga or any other extras.

Thanks.

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I will likely have the opportunity to take an extended vacation(2-3 weeks) come September of this year. I'll most likely go solo, and would love to surf Bingin and Uluwatu(small/med.). Any recommendations on cheap(ish) accommodations close to each? Planning on bringing my 5'10" Griffin Quad Fish.

I just need a nice place to sleep, relax during downtime and close food. I do not need a pool, yoga or any other extras.

Thanks.
check out blue point right on the cliffs - big old resort but pretty cheap all things considered. then a 10 minute scooter ride to bingin and dreamland.

other than that theres alike a million little dope villas near bingin for like 30-50 bucks a night. blue point may run you 80-100 but has free bfast.

diro

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
There are so many places by Bingin and Dreamland but I think the days of $30 bucks for an ocean front are gone. Most of the prime real estate has been converted to $75 or more places catering to a different set of travelers. I would look on Google Maps and read the reviews. The place I would recommend (Expat owned), closed down several years ago.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
try rockys bingin -

things changing rapidly on the Bukit - the new hot spot on Bali - prices nuts

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SeaFoamGreen

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
can you still get cheap rooms in kuta or are those days long gone too? last time i went i was staying at taman niyur in poppies 2 for 8 bucks a night, breakfast included. i thought ubud was pricey back then at $20+ per night.

Reactions: Truth

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
After doing some research, it looks like I'll probably book a trip to Kandui Villas in Nov.. Just deciding on whether I'm going solo or if I can find a friend who has the time and $$ to join or not. If anyone's been to Kandui Resort or Kandui Villas in shoulder season and has advice or tips, let me know! Thanks.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
i would go mid to late oct - better chance that winds will be better - nov weather very unpredictable

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
Six of us are heading to the Villas in March. A retirement trip for most of us. We chose this time of year cause the crew wanted to surf both lefts and rights and not get swells of DOH plus. Truth knows better than any of us on what to expect, from surf to travelling to hotels, etc. .

The others will be heading back after 11 days and I'm going to Uluwatu for two weeks then off to Bobby's for 12 days in early April. Taking the second boat of the month over.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Six of us are heading to the Villas in March. A retirement trip for most of us. We chose this time of year cause the crew wanted to surf both lefts and rights and not get swells of DOH plus. Truth knows better than any of us on what to expect, from surf to travelling to hotels, etc. .

The others will be heading back after 11 days and I'm going to Uluwatu for two weeks then off to Bobby's for 12 days in early April. Taking the second boat of the month over.
what a great trip!!!!!!

Reactions: Bullnutts

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
@Truth -
Besides the unpredictable weather, do you think the surf around Kandui will be smaller and more manageable for someone who wants "fun" head high and under surf in Nov. or another month?

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Think mid to late oct is smaller and would be good and if something did pop up heaps of other spots to surf that meet your desires

last 4-5 years over here seems like so much rain and wind in nov through march

october or march/april gives you more chances at light winds and sunshine

been f-ckng raining for weeks

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
@Truth - Thanks. October it is then. Looks like I'll be going solo. It's hard to find friends that have the time and/or $$ to go with. Anyone here want to come with? in Mid-Late Oct. 2023?
if you need help w anything as time gets near let me know

you will have a great trip and good for you on pulling the trigger

i will be here

Reactions: santacruzin

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
just remember Indo hospitals wont treat you for the most part if not paid up front so have 10k availability on your credit card -.

I have Indo insurance and they still made me pay up front

• Wow
Reactions: santacruzin