NSR: What Would YOU Do?

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
So....On Friday night, around 8:00pm, a female neighbor of mine called me and asked me to come outside our house. When I went out, she said that she saw some guy eat sh!t on some sort of "scooter" going down our street, run away, then come back a few minutes later looking for his "scooter" while bouncing off the cars parked on the street(wasted apparently). She was worried about him, but he ignored her when she asked if he was ok or needed help. Then he disappeared.

I walked around the corner and saw his scooter, which was actually an electric, 4WD skateboard, fully lit up by string lights that he had put on the bottom, lying between the street and our driveway, WITH the controller. I picked it up and took it inside, thinking someone would take it or that it would be run over. I posted on all the local FB local community groups and also put up a "Found" flyer on the street sign 20' away. Haven't heard anything. My intention is get it back to the owner. If it was me, I'd be going up and down the street asking people, but....nothing.

Looked the make/model up online and it's a $2000 toy, so.... He was either so wasted he doesn't remember where he ate sh!t, or it's stolen.

Turn it in to the local PD?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Turn it in to the local PD?
of course not. you took the appropriate measures and nothing, right? it's a sign - besides, you always wanted one. let's face it, it's a Christmas miracle. you have been good this year, right? of course. it is what it looks like - a gift.

• Dislike
Reactions: tenover

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
That happened to my mountain bike (friend mistakingly took it to the PD when I stashed it on his patio) and when I went to the PD to claim it, I heard one of them in the back bummed that he wasn’t gonna get to keep it anymore bc the time almost expired. Fvck those guys. IMO 2 weeks CL ad and checking with the company to see if the serial number is registered is due diligence enough. After that it's finders keepers losers sweepers.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
That happened to my mountain bike (friend mistakingly took it to the PD when I stashed it on his patio) and when I went to the PD to claim it, I heard one of them in the back bummed that he wasn’t gonna get to keep it anymore bc the time almost expired. fvvk those guys. IMO 2 weeks CL ad and checking with the company to see if the serial number is registered is due diligence enough. After that it's finders keepers losers sweepers.
I kind of figured some cop would figure out a way to get it once it was "in the system".

Reactions: youcantbeserious

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Around here if you didn't use your stimmy to buy a street legal golf cart or ebike, you got one of those wheel-board contraptions that go 30 mph. Injury stats on those things must be insano.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Ignore any of the above advice.

You have City of San Diego police. The police won't do anything about stolen goods unless they're taken to a pawn shop or Play it Again Sports.

You can steal whatever you want, including that skateboard, and nothing will happen except you having fun on that skateboard. :)

You can sell it on Craigslist as well. The police won't do anything about it, even if the item was reported stolen and it has your name on it.

There's nothing like an afternoon spent cruising around neighborhoods in San Diego looking for open garages...:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura