Complicated truths about wind power and right whales…..

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
This podcast addresses a lot of questions people against the wind power predictably won’t touch. Like the fact the sonar frequency is outside of whales hearing range whereas for oil extraction it’s much stronger.
let's all remember this post in a month with GromsDerp is right back here blathering about sonar and whales like a fkn retard

#neverforget

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
What is the science being manipulated constantly to support?

I feel further information is necessary. This reminds me of your recent struggles with explaining Krakenary actions and the resulting effects along with other ghosty moments. I realize calling you out on this might be triggering as it could be a cultural/language issue.

On behalf of the erBB:

• Love
Reactions: Woke AF and hal9000

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
From the late 1980s until now marine mammals washing up dead along our coast was a very rare and noteworthy occurrence. Suddenly over the past two years its become a regular occurrence. You know it and I know it. What is the new thing in play?
i actually saw more whales wash up on long island as a lifeguard in the late 90's - 2005 than i do today. Still live in and frequent the same beaches.

For whatever reason they always seem to come in batches

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
From the late 1980s until now marine mammals washing up dead along our coast was a very rare and noteworthy occurrence. Suddenly over the past two years its become a regular occurrence. You know it and I know it. What is the new thing in play?

Are you aware that whale populations generally trended upward during that period?

Are you aware that climate change and oceanic warming and acidification were happening during that period and that whales often starved to death?

Did you know that almost half the whale deaths are attributed to boat strikes and/or entanglement?

Are you aware that there has been an unusual whale mortality event since around the mid 2010s?

What new thing is in play? Several new things. You are stupid if you think it's only one thing. But we all know you're stupid.

Reactions: lruc and Woke AF

surfer57

Michael Peterson status
Oct 5, 2007
NJ
It's the industrialization of our oceansssss. Next breath we are supposed to be concerned with the effects the wind turbines will have on commercial fishing vessels, large shipping vessels and the military. None of them have already industrialized our oceans? The anti winders are the dumbest group I've dealt with in quite some time. They could make some reasonable and well founded arguments and concerns but they went full conspiracy mode as usual instead.

Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Are you aware that whale populations generally trended upward during that period?

Are you aware that climate change and oceanic warming and acidification were happening during that period and that whales often starved to death?

Did you know that almost half the whale deaths are attributed to boat strikes and/or entanglement?

Are you aware that there has been an unusual whale mortality event since around the mid 2010s?

What new thing is in play? Several new things. You are stupid if you think it's only one thing. But we all know you're stupid.

You’ve got all the talking points down.