Mental Health thread

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Thanks bro, I'll choose my timing and let the emojis do the job :monkey: :monkey::monkey:
With emoji chicks sixty percent of the time, it works every time. At some point you should also send her a pic of your dong, magnum or not. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about online dating, chicks love dick pics.

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
heya SantaCruzin'!
i'm glad that ya saw those L.A. Lakers play,!
i too, did, yearz ago, with 1 of my friends, whom used to work with me,
at an ol' surfin' shop in DogTown...

when he moved onward in his life, well, Ronnie,
he started to work at a law firm, + he ended up datin'+marring 1 of the lawyers, she wuz cool...
as he, a surfer/s8~er, stood about 6'8", well, ob'z basketball wuz in his dna too, hahaha!
his new gal him got season tickets, so periodically, i, rw, his ol' boss, got to go out on Thee Town, here in L.A.
with my bro and go watch them Lakers play, early 2000'z, woo~woo!

Shaq+Kobe,
oh man. 'twas sooo cool to watch them big boyz, play ball!
i got sick in 2003, lost most of my voice, if you know me, you knew how i spoke, for 5 yearz,
i got lucky though, as i have my voice back, again, am still alive, and i like yakin',
hahaha...

Ronnie got sick, inside, he wuz like "randy, i'm shittin' blood,"fuck".
Ron Balou died in 2005, at aged 37, from colon cancer, even after they removed some of his insidez.
i am age now, of 61, i think of him, my friend, some~timez, when i see a Laker game.
thanks to you, for the trip down memory lane...
enjoy life, go surf too!
randy

RW-03.JPG

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Watched a Lakers game back in 2010, Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies, it was nice getting to see Kobe. Not these seats though, it was more like adjacent to the janitor's house. lol.

IMG_1651.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

Fuckers wouldn't accept my passport as an ID and I couldn't get a fucking beer. Fuck the NBA!!

It was fun though. Half Time show seems more interesting than the actual game, that's not when you wanna get up and go get food.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Living under the same roof as my soon to be ex, just offered to buy her out of her half of the home... still waiting for an answer. And just got my mom back from the nursing home... she can barely stand, needs help pulling down her diapers even to go to the toilet, when she remembers to go, that is...

Cannot even think of going surfing right now, as my only free time is when mom is in bed and asleep.

Wow.

FML.

Holding out for light at the end of this dark tunnel... but also, cannot shake the thought that at 58, the best years are now behind me, rather than ahead.

:toilet::monkey::nana:

Hoping for some rays of light sooner, rather than later.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Living under the same roof as my soon to be ex, just offered to buy her out of her half of the home... still waiting for an answer. And just got my mom back from the nursing home... she can barely stand, needs help pulling down her diapers even to go to the toilet, when she remembers to go, that is...

Cannot even think of going surfing right now, as my only free time is when mom is in bed and asleep.

Wow.

FML.

Holding out for light at the end of this dark tunnel... but also, cannot shake the thought that at 58, the best years are now behind me, rather than ahead.

Stay strong man, things will get better sooner than later.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
it is rainin' here, in L.A. as i type.
i just j~walked across Pacific Coast Highway to get me some quiero Taco Bell, startin' to get my grub on, oh yes!
but i feel, some~times, still, like today, that i am bein' Jerked, back+forth, hahaha:
it is allll in my oool' mind i suppose.
or is it???
hmmm...
:cool:
They were playing on treadmills!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: ~rwright~

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Wow.

FML.

Can you hire help to be there with your mom for part of the day?

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009

Wow.

FML.

Get your sh!t together, you're a grown man.

Get that old hag back to the nursing home, get your bitch out and install Tinder.

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006

Get that old hag back to the nursing home, get your bitch out and install Tinder.
Sometimes there are financial problems with long term care for the elderly. I was relatively lucky. I was able to afford fulltime at-home care. Even then, my phone was constantly ringing. There would be staffing problems, medical problems, tons of bills, etc etc. It's a lot. Anybody doing the whole thing by themselves is a fvcking warrior. I don't think I would have had the mental strength for it. Everyone I know that has done it has paid a HEAVY price. Not much left of them at the end of it.

My parents both passed, 5 of my friends passed last year, my best dog passed. I'm just kind of generally sad. Can't seem to shake it. Is this depression? Seems like being sad would be normal. Time I suppose. But time is wasting. The clock is ticking.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Sometimes there are financial problems with long term care for the elderly. I was relatively lucky. I was able to afford fulltime at-home care. Even then, my phone was constantly ringing. There would be staffing problems, medical problems, tons of bills, etc etc. It's a lot. Anybody doing the whole thing by themselves is a fvcking warrior. I don't think I would have had the mental strength for it. Everyone I know that has done it has paid a HEAVY price. Not much left of them at the end of it.

My parents both passed, 5 of my friends passed last year, my best dog passed. I'm just kind of generally sad. Can't seem to shake it. Is this depression? Seems like being sad would be normal. Time I suppose. But time is wasting. The clock is ticking.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

it’s understandble, but I don’t think feeling sad should be the norm. Might be worth trying to talk to somone, I know that sounds stupid.

Life is fucking hard and depressing as fuck sometimes.
From time to time it drags us down and we need something to snap us out of it.
surftrip? Maybe you need a surf trip.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Relax. Maybe throw a kitty in the furnace and watch it burn as you slap your little fiskeboller and crank some Norwegian metal. Or build another sinking surfboard? Spring is coming. You will see sunlight again. For a few hours. Until then, kill yourself. (y)

Wow. I feel better! Thanks! :devilish: ;)

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

1710263534229.png

1710263556902.png

1710263615369.png

1710263639616.png

Nothing will erase it, but all these things will help

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

Seems pretty harsh for a thread about Mental Health. Good thing there isn't a Suicide Prevention thread or the reply might have been something along the lines of ... "Quit your d@mn whinning and get on with it you pathetic sorry @ss!"

Last edited: