Pyzel Precious

Apr 9, 2023
I almost got a pyzalien. Instead i drank the koolaid and got the joe exotic red tiger.

Are those 2 boards similar at all??
I have both because I lack self control. They cover a similar range but surf differently. I got a white tiger this summer and love it, so I got a red tiger over the holidays. It been great in the winter swell, super fast and smooth with JJF large. PZ2 is for sure a favorite I think I some how has a wider range and I think if you want one board it’s a really great option.

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I almost got a pyzalien. Instead i drank the koolaid and got the joe exotic red tiger.

Are those 2 boards similar at all??
They actually share a very similar outline (not so much in the last 6'' of the tail). Rocker is similar too, with the RT having about 1/8'' LESS tail rocker and 1/8" MORE nose rocker. The bottom and deck contours are what really makes them ride differently, with the RT having much more pronounced double concave, and a flatter deck which creates a fuller feeling "crown" rail (meaning it feels fuller in the area you feel under the palm of your hand when holding the board under your arm, but the rail thickness tapers down quickly from there). There is also a different thickness flow (foil) from nose to tail in the two boards, with the RT having a bit more foam concentrated in the tail end of the board and a thicker tail block. The RT design was made to help keep the board on top of the water at slower speeds if possible

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
No-- if have time to watch the edit you will see that those 2 boards are also unique new designs (Happy Glider and the Astro Thing) which we only made for team for this project, but will most likely start offering up as custom order only soon
I’ll definitely check it out! That outline is really appealing to me. About to pull the trigger on an Astro pop!

Reactions: Pyzelsurfboards

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Your idea is currently under review :ROFLMAO:
Look, I'm gonna lay this out for you plain as can be. When my reviews with accompanying footage describe in detail how this board took my cutbacks from 30 degrees to 45 overnight and maintained a stable line by itself while I poo stanced two feet in front of the barrel, Pyzel shortboards are going to displace midlengths as the white collar suburban dad surfer board fad du jour. Combine that with some strategic shots of me charging barely double overhead Sunset and some of the "big wave" outer reefs we have here in SD on a 10'6" Padillac and you'll be able to afford a North Shore house. Maybe not one of the mansions on the point above Waimea, but at least one of the AE flood zone Ke Nui Road houses with subtle warnings about buyer due diligence in between Rocky Point and Sunset that are priced at a suspicious steal compared to their neighbors. Or at minimum a condo in Wailua.

Call me.

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
picked up my kids precious today, 5'7" x 18 3/4" x 2 1/16" x 25.7L.

what a beautiful board, feels like a real weapon under the arm and has a much more high performance look to it in comparison to the white tiger,

rails feel nice, pretty shortboardy in the middle, relatively full up front but not boaty and pretty shortboardy out the tail.

rocker is pretty mellow but has a really nice smooth curve off the tail for hind leg shreds.

grom was pretty pumped on it after the first couple of waves, possibly favourite board of all time already after one session.

he rode it as a quad (medium AM front/ hayden quad rears) so far in some chunky but lumpy ripped out beachbreak, solid on the drop, fast and very loose were the comments, will try as a thruster tomorrow i think.

precious%20top Edited.jpgprecious%20bottom Edited.jpgprecious%20ground Edited.jpgIMG_5782.JPG

rocker:
precious rocker bar.JPG

rail at centre:
middle.JPG

12" off nose
12 off nose.JPG

12" off tail:
12 off tail.JPG

rail line:
rail line.JPG

Screenshot%202024-02-09%20at%2018.45.44 Edited.jpg

Last edited:

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Look, I'm gonna lay this out for you plain as can be. When my reviews with accompanying footage describe in detail how this board took my cutbacks from 30 degrees to 45 overnight and maintained a stable line by itself while I poo stanced two feet in front of the barrel, Pyzel shortboards are going to displace midlengths as the white collar suburban dad surfer board fad du jour. Combine that with some strategic shots of me charging barely double overhead Sunset and some of the "big wave" outer reefs we have here in SD on a 10'6" Padillac and you'll be able to afford a North Shore house. Maybe not one of the mansions on the point above Waimea, but at least one of the AE flood zone Ke Nui Road houses with subtle warnings about buyer due diligence in between Rocky Point and Sunset that are priced at a suspicious steal compared to their neighbors. Or at minimum a condo in Wailua.

Call me.
you had me at 45 degrees

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
picked up my kids precious today, 5'7" x 18 3/4" x 2 1/16" x 25.7L.

what a beautiful board, feels like a real weapon under the arm and has a much more high performance look to it in comparison to the white tiger,

rails feel nice, pretty shortboardy in the middle, relatively full up front but not boaty and pretty shortboardy out the tail.

rocker is pretty mellow but has a really nice smooth curve off the tail for hind leg shreds.

grom was pretty pumped on it after the first couple of waves, possibly favourite board of all time already after one session.

he rode it as a quad (medium AM front/ hayden quad rears) so far in some chunky but lumpy ripped out beachbreak, solid on the drop, fast and very loose were the comments, will try as a thruster tomorrow i think.

View attachment 172454View attachment 172455View attachment 172456View attachment 172453

rocker:
View attachment 172506

rail at centre:
View attachment 172507

12" off nose
View attachment 172508

12" off tail:
View attachment 172509

rail line:
View attachment 172512

View attachment 172511
Nice review/photos! thanks and hope he's loving it.

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
I think Cleanline out in the PNW might have some. Maybe Longboard House down in Brevardistan if you get down there.
i checked cleanline too, also looked at proof and huntington surf

what;s up with surf station having more firewire than everything else combined now?