Vaccines

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Well the shingles vax (first dose) gave me one bad night's sleep and a head ache that was easily knocked down by an Advil the next morning, but the injection site soreness is the worst I've ever had. I passed on surfing and weight lifting for two days. Maybe tomorrow. My Doc asked if I had gotten the flu vaccine (I had) but did not ask about nor suggest the Covid or RSV vax.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
How do you get shingles on your face? Is it from eating bad ___ when you were younger?

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Doesn't is depend which nerves the chicken pox virus hides in when you get over it as a kid?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

At least you go to the eye doctor. I recently found out I have glaucoma. Just a drop in each eye before bed and the pressure is normal (at least in the last two years since it was diagnosed). If I never went to the doctor I would never have known anything was wrong and would slowly have gone blind.

About two years back, after years of seeing the eye doc, they said something like this to Sweetie-pie, "According to our records, your eye pressure has slowly been going up, but recently it spiked. Does your family have any glaucoma diagnosis in grand parents or parents.

She goes, "Grandmother went blind really quick from glaucoma. Was driving home one afternoon, started getting tunnel vision, pulled over, and three hours later, could see nothing. Mom has high ocular pressure now."

Doc says, "Well, looks like you have narrow band glaucoma. We want to treat it immediately."

Two or three days later, she had cataract surgery.

This did two things: saved her vision, and improved it.

No glasses any more, new variable focus lenses have UV protection built it, and as my formerly better than 20/20 vision goes south, I am envious of her bionic eyes.

Well the shingles vax (first dose) gave me one bad night's sleep and a head ache that was easily knocked down by an Advil the next morning, but the injection site soreness is the worst I've ever had. I passed on surfing and weight lifting for two days. Maybe tomorrow. My Doc asked if I had gotten the flu vaccine (I had) but did not ask about nor suggest the Covid or RSV vax.
When is the 2nd one?

Last edited:

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Scripps now requires all patients and staff to start wearing masks again. Went to Scripps for an annual heart check-up. My doc (department head) told me one of the docs (a female) who is a ‘health nut’ and distant runner followed the Scripps new mask ‘rule.’ She came to work a couple of days ago, put on her mask and as usual, took the stairs rather than the elevator. She ‘runs’ up the stairs. By the 3d floor, she collapsed (CO2 vs Oxygen). Fortunately there were other medical staff who witnessed the doc. She’s fine. My cardiologist told me the masks do NOT prevent viruses….

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I guess because I wore a mask most of the time I worked at the boat builder and when making surfboards that it was no big deal.
I know it's like that for a lot of people.

I'm a big spazzed out ADHA jew that runs hot.

I know teachers that are still wearing masks.

I couldn't really teach effectively wearing one.

I did the job but I wasn't effective.

I'm like a fine tooled machine that is easily thrown out of calibration. (jk)

If I wanted to be a NFer, I would decry the masks

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
past year got flu vax covid vax pnumacocal (?) vax. doc said i should get all 3 from heron out and do regular checkuos once a year. every year is standard?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Scripps now requires all patients and staff to start wearing masks again. Went to Scripps for an annual heart check-up. My doc (department head) told me one of the docs (a female) who is a ‘health nut’ and distant runner followed the Scripps new mask ‘rule.’ She came to work a couple of days ago, put on her mask and as usual, took the stairs rather than the elevator. She ‘runs’ up the stairs. By the 3d floor, she collapsed (CO2 vs Oxygen). Fortunately there were other medical staff who witnessed the doc. She’s fine. My cardiologist told me the masks do NOT prevent viruses….
Oxygen molecules are 3000x smaller than SARS viruses. To believe this story, we have to believe the mask blocked tiny molecules but would still let in much larger viruses.

Related, the main benefit of the mask has always been to reduce the spread from infected people, not the other way around.

And so it’s clear, I hate masks.

Reactions: john4surf

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
past year got flu vax covid vax pnumacocal (?) vax. doc said i should get all 3 from heron out and do regular checkuos once a year. every year is standard?
Damn Mr. Pfizer. Why are you getting covid boosters every year?

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
want to know how i know this is bullshit? b/c in my line of work, i did multiple rounds of cpr on multiple patients while wearing a P-100 respirator & never passed out. short of breath like i'd just gotten caught inside on a big day? sure.
i'm also what i refer to as a "covid virgin"...these days i mostly stick to a simple flu mask or, sometimes, an N-95 w/ a flu mask over it b/c that's what my hospital is mandating. hell, most of the time i don't bother w/ the N-95, still never had covid despite basically swimming in it from day 1

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
This is from the vice chief of internal medicine at baylor medical center. A cardiologist. These supplements eliminate the spike proteins the covid vaccine causes. Go ahead and get your 5th booster libtard fool.
cardiologists are not immunolgists & vice versa. the higher up the medical food chain/deeper into specialization you go, the less anyone knows about other sh!t. talk to a trauma doc about pulmonology, expect to hear a lot of "umms", "uhhs" & such.