Vaccines

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
My first Shingles shot seemed on par with previous flu shots.

2nd one kicked my ass...lost a day to headachy muscle aches on the couch to bad TV I couldn't follow. Next morning felt like I had just exercised a little too hard and didn't stretch out afterwards.

After seeing my Great Aunt June's case of Shingles (over 6 weeks), consider the lost day money well spent (if it does the job as advertised or if that day never comes to pass).
I got the second shot yesterday afternoon. I kind of half slept all night, but this morning I woke up feeling OK. The wife wanted to go hiking today because of rain in the forecast this weekend. As we started climbing I was getting really winded. Mind you I just did this climb in the middle of a 26 mile run on Tuesday. Piece of cake. Today I was so out of it. Completely knackered. A four and a half mile hike and I felt way worse than after a 26 mile run. Came home and slept for two hours and just woke up feeling like I have a bad flu- headache, tired, achy.

My advice to anyone is don’t schedule the shingles vax if you have to do anything the next day.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: john4surf

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I got the second shot yesterday afternoon. I kind of half slept all night, but this morning I woke up feeling OK. The wife wanted to go hiking today because of rain in the forecast this weekend. As we started climbing I was getting really winded. Mind you I just did this climb in the middle of a 26 mile run on Tuesday. Piece of cake. Today I was so out of it. Completely knackered. A four and a half mile hike and I felt way worse than after a 26 mile run. Came home and slept for two hours and just woke up feeling like I have a bad flu- headache, tired, achy.

My advice to anyone is don’t schedule the shingles vax if you have to do anything the next day.
My wife had shingles twice. I'm lucky I didn't get it. I'm not old enough to get the vaccine for free, and I'm too cheap to pay for it.

I'm going to eat some turmeric instead so when I eat protein, they don't spike my heart. My hr is in the low 50s ever since I started taking my mask off. Masks kill! Look at all the doctors and first responders that died when COVID first hit.

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
Masks kill! Look at all the doctors and first responders that died when COVID first hit.
oh, ffs! if masks were to blame, i'd be toast 100 times over. i've long since lost count of the number of covid patients i've taken to the hospital or otherwise come in contact w/ in my job these last 4 years. the masks we were wearing were not the culprit...it's almost like spending hundreds of hours around the first waves of covid afflicted people made healthcare workers more likely to become ill.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
oh, ffs! if masks were to blame, i'd be toast 100 times over. i've long since lost count of the number of covid patients i've taken to the hospital or otherwise come in contact w/ in my job these last 4 years. the masks we were wearing were not the culprit...it's almost like spending hundreds of hours around the first waves of covid afflicted people made healthcare workers more likely to become ill.
Facetiousness

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
So many virologists out there! Simple logic, masks help a little. Far from perfect and far from death masks. I won't even quote any "studies" but use a little human behavior observations of a never before in the wild virus. A. Virus no one has any antibodies, too. B. Some (a lot?) of humans don't have optimum health C. Humans go home, and what do they do? They take off their masks as if the house is a germ free environment. D. Humans gotta eat, masks come off.

The "experiment" we can't wind the clocks back on would be, "hey we got this, don't wear any masks at all". Millions more die, or don't? Worth the risk? The stupidest thing was the lockdowns. Oh well, here we are 4 years later with $5 a dozen eggs...

Reactions: manbearpig