Pyzel Precious

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I feel ya. It's a sign of things to come.

COL getting higher so the price of boards is going up.

End result is going to be people buying less surfboards (or no surfboards i.e. quitting) and/or the barrier to entry will be just too high for noobs to get in the game.

Reminds of of the ski industry - created/driven by an older generation with not enough young people replacing them as they age out - because it's too expensive

The shapers like Burch who operate on the DeBeers scarcity model of sky high prices and limited production will be OK.

The rest of the industry is going to have to figure out how to keep afloat with rising production and labor costs amidst declining sales, which I doubt ends well.
I was an avid skier in my college years and for a short while after when I had no responsibilities and also had high school buddies who worked at resorts (Beaver Creek and Squaw Valley). Marriage, mortgage and a kid put the kaibosh on that.

The boat builder I worked for in college went "Burch" when all the venerable So Cal boatbuilders- Cal, Ericson, Ranger, Columbia, Schock (Santana), etc- were going out of business. Instead of trying to make smaller affordable boats he focused on making custom maxi racing boats and survived.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Stab premium featuring jai glindeman. Link on first post of this thread.
I was gonna be all like, Orodruin, Dagorlad, Gorgoroth zones brah, but then I figured that might **** casa moogsies off in Design Forum and we are blessed to have literally Pyzel posting. But I wonder if Stab premium might not actually perturb casa to a greater extent?

More as the Ray Bans are slapped off the face by the Gogganses with Pyzel watching

• Haha
Reactions: sozzle

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
@Pyzelsurfboards you're going about this all wrong. What you really need is a sponsored middle aged guy with lackluster surf abilities to properly showcase the improvements this board is gonna deliver to the average Joe out there. You know, like when "plus size" clothing lines use "real models" to show what their clothes really look like. I suggest someone in his early 40s, white collar desk job, in a place like San Diego but who frequently visits Hawaii and other more powerful surf destinations. If you want to get in touch with a surfer like that to ship free boards to in return for honest and hilarious reviews that will obviously turbocharge your sales, hit me up.

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
@Pyzelsurfboards you're going about this all wrong. What you really need is a sponsored middle aged guy with lackluster surf abilities to properly showcase the improvements this board is gonna deliver to the average Joe out there. You know, like when "plus size" clothing lines use "real models" to show what their clothes really look like. I suggest someone in his early 40s, white collar desk job, in a place like San Diego but who frequently visits Hawaii and other more powerful surf destinations. If you want to get in touch with a surfer like that to ship free boards to in return for honest and hilarious reviews that will obviously turbocharge your sales, hit me up.
ahaha that was spot on. I want the position too.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Got to fix the naming though. PRECIOUS The Errb, only comes in XL also

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
As if Jon wants to run the risk of you coming to Hawaii and listen to an erBB fueled board order conversation in his shaping room discussing the merits of going 1/8th wider on your next board for you to flail around on.
:cheers: :roflmao:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
As if Jon wants to run the risk of you coming to Hawaii and listen to an erBB fueled board order conversation in his shaping room discussing the merits of going 1/8th wider on your next board for you to flail around on.
:cheers: :roflmao:
And then calling back a day or two later, asking him to just stick to the original dims, but can he make it a thumbtail? Not a roundtail, not a squash, but a thumbtail.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and Retropete