Album Surfboards

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Hey legends! I am looking at ordering the Bom Dia, however not sure how to size it - particularly the volume. I ride PU 5'7 Twinsman @ 31 litres and around 85 kgs. Should I order it around the same litres or go up? Thinking either the 5'10 or 5'11. Cheers!
At 85kg (187lbs) you could handle a little more foam but thats kind of personal preference.

Does the twinsman feel like a good size for you? If so I would probably shoot for a similar volume.

Im similar weight to you but tall (6'3") and surf mostly in a 5/4 hooded. My twinsman was a stock 5-10 and my Bomdia is a custom narrower/thicker 6-1 x 19.25 x 2.6 33L.

I prefer the Bomdia in just about every way. Rode mine a ton on my recent trip in all sorts of waves. Here's a shot from my last session on a fun sized day.VideoCapture_20240121-144335.jpg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Foam is distributed very differently, even if you had roughly same liters, would feel /surf different. BD should have more range than TMST.
TM has flatter deck than BD. I think you can get away with going a little thicker on the BD which works well since you will also probably be going narrower.

Feb 5, 2024
At 85kg (187lbs) you could handle a little more foam but thats kind of personal preference.

Does the twinsman feel like a good size for you? If so I would probably shoot for a similar volume.

Im similar weight to you but tall (6'3") and surf mostly in a 5/4 hooded. My twinsman was a stock 5-10 and my Bomdia is a custom narrower/thicker 6-1 x 19.25 x 2.6 33L.

I prefer the Bomdia in just about every way. Rode mine a ton on my recent trip in all sorts of waves. Here's a shot from my last session on a fun sized day.View attachment 172200
Wow sick...yeah I am not as tall @ 5'11 and ride a stock 5'7 TMST

Jan 10, 2014
Hey legends! I am looking at ordering the Bom Dia, however not sure how to size it - particularly the volume. I ride PU 5'7 Twinsman @ 31 litres and around 85 kgs. Should I order it around the same litres or go up? Thinking either the 5'10 or 5'11. Cheers!
I’m 5’7 about 155#. My DD is a 5’6 RNF96 at like 29.5L. Got the Bomdia as an East FL “step up”. Went 5’9 and narrower but thicker than the RNF, Bomdia comes in at probably 31L. Super happy with the sizing.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
They've been keeping it at 9. Was actually under that when they first got them a year or so ago. 1st batch felt a little rough thou. Figured that was just the OR cost of living adjustment. Just ordered a custom clear for that price out the door...... no shipping for me. Hope it comes out as desired. Excited to taste the hipster aid but will skip mandals and stick wit Chacos.

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
They've been keeping it at 9. Was actually under that when they first got them a year or so ago. 1st batch felt a little rough thou. Figured that was just the OR cost of living adjustment. Just ordered a custom clear for that price out the door...... no shipping for me. Hope it comes out as desired. Excited to taste the hipster aid but will skip mandals and stick wit Chacos.
What’d you order?

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I wanna hear reports from you guys on the Margo boars ridden bigger like he does. I love watching him. Master move by Matt adding him to team.
I had my Vesper out twice and last weekend in good chest to head high beach break rights 25mph gusts to 50 offshores, had a blast! considering the conditions especially, at 6'9 and poly it paddles and catches easy, which you would expect, but also nimble the board has a great balance of speed and control, flies off the bat but with control, best part when redirecting through turns that Plasmic channel kiks in and accelerates. Very stoked on this board so far! would recommend

Last edited: