What is the value of 10% of Kelia Moniz's prior contract?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
From Stab:

From an insider, we were told that the only reason Kelia’s contract was able to be terminated was because of a niggly 30-day termination clause, which stated that Boardriders could terminate her contract for any reason with only 30 days notice.

These clauses came standard in every Boardriders athlete contract, however Boardriders would generally remove them if they were asked to do so by a surfer or agent. After the mass force majeure fallout from covid, managers and agents were incredibly scrupulous about the fine print in athlete contracts, meaning many of them got the 30-day clause removed. Unfortunately, Kelia’s team did not.

I'm no attorney, and this should not be taken as legal advice, but depending on the circumstances of when she signed Kelia could probably give it one last run and sue for Undue Influence, Duress, Mistake, Misrepresentation and probably other stuff too to try get some money out of the company. Get a little shake down cash in her pocket.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I'm no attorney, and this should not be taken as legal advice, but depending on the circumstances of when she signed Kelia could probably give it one last run and sue for Undue Influence, Duress, Mistake, Misrepresentation and probably other stuff too to try get some money out of the company. Get a little shake down cash in her pocket.
Lol no.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Anyway, the Roxy thing....isn't it a teen brand (or have they changed)? While I suppose there is a bit of Peter Pan syndrome in anyone who surfs, do grown women really want teen brand stuff? I mean, sure, who wouldn't enjoy being paid handsomely to market XWZ to whomever, heck, pay me enough and I'll flog a fair amount of crap to the hoi polloi provided I too get to not have a 40-60hr a week day job, but like so many jobs that are biased towards age related image, isn't the end (of the job) obvious?
imo, everyone in coastal Southern California has the Peter Pan syndrome wearing teenage brands of their preferred era.

its just in the culture down here. Seeing print T’s out to dinner at a reasonably nice spot is very common.

my friends visiting from SF ask about this every time. flip flops with jeans used to boil my blood when I first got here a lifetime ago.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I'm finding it difficult to muster sympathy for a world-class surfer from Hawaii who was finally weaned off the corporate tit and has probably never had a real job. She opened her own boutique on Oahu yes? Sounds like she isn't cutting coupons anytime soon.

If Mikey Febs is struggling for a contract, where does that put most of the Vans team? Is erBB favorite Al Knost going to survive the corporate ax?

Reactions: CCKeith

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I'm finding it difficult to muster sympathy for a world-class surfer from Hawaii who was finally weaned off the corporate tit and has probably never had a real job. She opened her own boutique on Oahu yes? Sounds like she isn't cutting coupons anytime soon.

If Mikey Febs is struggling for a contract, where does that put most of the Vans team? Is erBB favorite Al Knost going to survive the corporate ax?
Knost is a major shareholder and on the board of Authentic Brands

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
imo, everyone in coastal Southern California has the Peter Pan syndrome wearing teenage brands of their preferred era.

its just in the culture down here. Seeing print T’s out to dinner at a reasonably nice spot is very common.

my friends visiting from SF ask about this every time. flip flops with jeans used to boil my blood when I first got here a lifetime ago.
IMG_0144.jpeg
:nana:

• Haha
Reactions: vanrysss and sdsrfr

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Really?

Why?

No disrespect intended- seems a very weird thing to get exercised about.
You have no idea the ridiculous clothing-related sh!t people from places other than Florida and Southern California get worked up over.

Flip flops with jeans
White after Labor Day (the first Monday in September)
Suits or semi-formal with cowboy boots (Texas specialty)
Shorts basically anywhere other than on a boat or at a pool in the summer
Shorts on an airplane

• Love
Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Really?

Why?

No disrespect intended- seems a very weird thing to get exercised about.
I think it’s rooted in northern vs Southern California culture codes. In my experience…

southern women call northern women homely in appearance; frumpy. Conversely, northern women call southern women superficial and plastic.

northern men call southern men slobs who don’t know how to dress appropriately.

in America we love our culture codes. You know more about someone based on the car they drive and shoes on their feet than anything we will tell you about ourselves.

Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Judging from the amount of graphic tees, graphic hoodies, and trucker/baseball caps I've seen at nice restaurants in Carmel, the rate at which people give a sh!t is dropping off a cliff.

this my combo almost every day in winter bruh :roflmao:
It makes sense though if you keep putting your socks and sneakers/boots back on right after surfing you are going to have a raging case of athlete's foot or go through three pairs of socks in a day, easy.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Ok, I grew up on a small Island off the QLD coast- I don't think a pair of shoes went anywhere near my feet until the the age of 14 or 15. No shoes required at school.

Even now, I haven't worn shoes for close to 2 years (apart from a funeral last week).

A funeral or wedding is the only thing that will get me into shoes.

I'll brush cut in crocs- if that counts.

Reactions: Senor Sopa

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
I think it’s rooted in northern vs Southern California culture codes. In my experience…

southern women call northern women homely in appearance; frumpy. Conversely, northern women call southern women superficial and plastic.

northern men call southern men slobs who don’t know how to dress appropriately.
if we could fuk socal women and wear shorts year round we sure as sh!t would

reality is its cold the waves suk and the women dress like men

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Ok, I grew up on a small Island off the QLD coast- I don't think a pair of shoes went anywhere near my feet until the the age of 14 or 15. No shoes required at school.

Even now, I haven't worn shoes for close to 2 years (apart from a funeral last week).

A funeral or wedding is the only thing that will get me into shoes.

I'll brush cut in crocs- if that counts.
F--k me your country is basically a penal colony for venomous snakes, spiders, and Brits and you clear brush in crocs.

Fahkkennell.

Reactions: keenfish