Can we talk about Channel Islands?

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
Moving the discussion here from the Album thread - I ordered a CI instead :)

6'4" x 20 1/2 x 2 5/8 TPH Twin through XTR. Sizing roughly based on the 6'3 mid twin but a touch narrower.

Will actually be my first CI. I've ridden exactly one CI - a rented shortboard on a family vacation to Honolulu when I was in college that I promptly snapped in half surfing off of Diamond Head. Whoops.

Also probably my first surf~craft~. I'll have to start practicing my highline pelvic thrusts and paddling with my feet twirling in the air.

A big thanks to @Scott Ando for passing my questions onto the shaper who thought this board would fit exactly what I was looking for and will be coordinating with the shaper at XTR to dial in the finishing.

But really, it was all of Yuris positive reviews that really sold it for me. So grateful to have an influencer creating content at my local in the very waves I surf everyday to give me valuable insight into these boars :shaka:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Moving the discussion here from the Album thread - I ordered a CI instead :)

6'4" x 20 1/2 x 2 5/8 TPH Twin through XTR. Sizing roughly based on the 6'3 mid twin but a touch narrower.

Will actually be my first CI. I've ridden exactly one CI - a rented shortboard on a family vacation to Honolulu when I was in college that I promptly snapped in half surfing off of Diamond Head. Whoops.

Also probably my first surf~craft~. I'll have to start practicing my highline pelvic thrusts and paddling with my feet twirling in the air.

A big thanks to @Scott Ando for passing my questions onto the shaper who thought this board would fit exactly what I was looking for and will be coordinating with the shaper at XTR to dial in the finishing.

But really, it was all of Yuris positive reviews that really sold it for me. So grateful to have an influencer creating content at my local in the very waves I surf everyday to give me valuable insight into these boars :shaka:
What did ando have to say about TPH as a twin?

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
What did ando have to say about TPH as a twin?
Just that Mike Walter thought it would fit my purpose well, and that he thought the design would work well with a twin keel type set up.

I plan to start with the BMT since it sits somewhere between a keel and upright, I think those are the ones glassed onto yours

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Any info on the Mini? I dig the looks of it and like a wide tail, but I honestly hated the 2x ci's I did ride--- a sampler and some weird construction podmod