Can we talk about Channel Islands?

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Could never stomach Mayer on lead, so skipped all and any of those shows over the years. That said, the set list from the final night looked like a legit Dead show and figured would of been a free drugfest, although I am pretty clean. Prob would of gone if it were local and kinda glad its over TBH.

Edit: Oracle looked like an awesome venue esp compared to Shoreline. Saw many shows there.

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Could never stomach Mayer on lead, so skipped all and any of those shows over the years. That said, the set list from the final night looked like a legit Dead show and figured would of been a free drugfest, although I am pretty clean. Prob would of gone if it were local and kinda glad its over TBH.
Mayer grew on me but I know there are old heads who cant stand him.

Back to CI , whose riding a rocket wide?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yup. Picked up a used 5’5 Mini for my son years ago when he was a little grom and learning but the board ended up neglected. One summer I decided to try the board so put Griff’s G10 quads on it and surfed Waddell a bunch. I was blown away by how fun and maneuverable that model is. Great board for small waves. I preferred quad rather than tri. Def underrated.
Yeah, it’s a quad.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Seems like more of a DD for the older surfer or/and CA waves. They go good up here until you need a step up. The few guys I know that ride them have the swallow.

Reactions: santacruzin