Can we talk about Channel Islands?

Mar 7, 2018
@Scott Ando,

Thanks for providing the extended sales data. The Oz data translates well to where I live in Sydney.

In the water, this is what I see the most:
OG Flyer
Happy everyday
Fish beard
Happy / two happy
Twin Pin
Fever
bit north of Sydney CI doesnt penetrate as much but would say Happy Everyday, Fever and for the twin set Twin Pin and Fish Beard the most popular. BTW i am two months into a Happy Everyday journey and enjoying it so far. does what it says on the label.

Reactions: Havoc and ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
CI is well represented on the QS (and of course currently #1 ranked Joao on the CT is on their program) and there were some absolute hammers being thrown down yesterday at North Narrabeen on what looked like mostly CI Pro's. I keep getting HPSB FOMO, but when I have one (CI Fever most recently), they take a backseat to something more tuned-down (my Flare for example) 95% of the time.

Mar 11, 2023
CI is well represented on the QS (and of course currently #1 ranked Joao on the CT is on their program) and there were some absolute hammers being thrown down yesterday at North Narrabeen on what looked like mostly CI Pro's. I keep getting HPSB FOMO, but when I have one (CI Fever most recently), they take a backseat to something more tuned-down (my Flare for example) 95% of the time.
CI is definitely pumping out some good stuff. I love seeing them winning events again. I wonder how different the Fever feels from the Pro. I’ve had a few Fever’s but never felt like I clicked with them like I have on most other CIs

Reactions: Havoc and sh3

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The CI Pro actually looks pretty forgiving in person.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
CI is definitely pumping out some good stuff. I love seeing them winning events again. I wonder how different the Fever feels from the Pro. I’ve had a few Fever’s but never felt like I clicked with them like I have on most other CIs
Fever is single concave. Pro is slight single to double. Usually the people that don’t click with the fever is because they are not used to single concave.

I haven’t ridden a Pro but some of the guys I’ve talked to have said the pro is slightly more forgiving than the fever.

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
CI have a factory in Bali it seems. Wonder if they will start sending CI stock boards to US/Oz,Europe etc from there to save on labour and manufacturing costs or are they just for domestic Indo sales?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
CI have a factory in Bali it seems. Wonder if they will start sending CI stock boards to US/Oz,Europe etc from there to save on labour and manufacturing costs or are they just for domestic Indo sales?

I don't think they want to do that

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
wonder if thats why he and all the CI business guys were in Indo? Saw them at a ton of spots.

Friendly guys and not a pain to surf with. Couple of my buddies had beers with Britt in Padang and said he was a super cool down to earth guy.

Reactions: Scott Ando

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I believe Onboard have the licence to make CI boards here in Oz. From memory they have factories around Byron and in Mona Vale.

They've been around for a while - I imagine they will continue making CI's here unless CI bumps up the licensing fee or decides to take control of the business.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
wonder if thats why he and all the CI business guys were in Indo? Saw them at a ton of spots.

Friendly guys and not a pain to surf with. Couple of my buddies had beers with Britt in Padang and said he was a super cool down to earth guy.
He is/was a Pastor. He presided over the memorial service of a very good friend and did a good job under difficult circumstances. Seems like a solid guy.