Should we provide Cluster Bombs to Ukraine?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Wrong

USSR would have defeated Germany either way, and we would have still been unhurt at home. It just would’ve taken longer, and in fact probably hurt both sides more, which in turn would’ve been more of a net positive for us
I disagree that the USSR would still have beaten Germany. The Germans would have left a token force to guard their western flank (knowing we and the Brits were not in the fight) and concentrated their efforts in stopping the Russians, probably somewhere around the Poland/Belarus border. Hitler and Stalin would have negotiated a settlement along those lines and then Germany would have been free to pressure the US.

Reactions: Woke AF and mundus

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Literally not. How have you been so brainwashed that you think this affects your life at all?

The involvement you support only steals money from your wallet and adds danger for your life

if you support Ukraine you are stupid. Period
youre awfully worked up about something that doesn’t impact your life.

Will Republicans add billions of dollars to the budget to fight homelessness if we stop aiding Ukraine?

Reactions: trevorbc

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
NordBart always baiting with mischaracterization

#zerointegrity

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'm not for any war but yes, if you must have it, leave the civilians out of it. On both sides.
It’s street fighting so some eggs are going to be broken. That’s unavoidable. The question is when the Ukrainian allies are going to step in with more than leftover bombs. Like full frontal attack that mows the Russian forces down. Putin is willing to go through plenty of troops as cannon fodder and the public doesn’t want to see masses of body parts in the news. And that’s what it’s going to come down to.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
....and now the straw man argument...

not operating in good faith

never operates in good faith

just mischaracterization and baiting with stupidity #alldaywrong

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Fecal says he wants it to end quickly in Ukraine's favor. If you agree with him I'm hoping one of you can tell me how you think that can happen. You gonna send your kids to die for Ukraine?
It’s not a case of battalions on the ground, door to door like Hue. Not without massive casualties. The public won’t stand for that kind of mauling. Catch-22.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You're the same guy who said that carpet bombing Afghanistan would be a good start
If you’re going to do it, it’s a good start. It’s not what you have the commitment to start though, it’s what you have the commitment to finish. You’re gonna be one of the first to get squeamish.