Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
The weirdest thing about COVID is what happened to surfing. Just bizarre. When it hit, I figured surfboard sales would plummet. People would be trying to survive. The last thing a guy with 10 surfboards needs is 15 surfboards. Adult learners will probably go away as they cower in fear inside their dooplexes. I was looking at what we had in the bank and figuring we could limp along for a couple of years just cutting a few boards to keep the lights on.

And then all that government COVID relief money started pouring in. 30 boards a day wasn't enough. Not even close. Demand was insane. Off the hook. Nobody was working. Joe Biden has bought more surfboards than anybody in the history of surfboards. I'd go surfing in my hometown and there was no one in the water I knew. Everyplace was Porto. Manhattan beach north. And it will never be the same here. I'm sure other places experienced this differently, but this place is not the same, nor will it ever be the same. Because Chinese wet markets. And proximity to Los Angeles. We're all southers now...

whodathunkit?

• Wow
Reactions: PJ

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
-Vaccine would prevent infection
-Vaccine would prevent transmission
-Efficacy will not decline in 4-6 months

Shall we go on :unsure:
The very first FDA approval said there was no evidence the vaccine stopped you from gettin/spreading the virus. It also said the vaccine was effective in reducing symptoms and severity, which was correct.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The weirdest thing about COVID is what happened to surfing. Just bizarre. When it hit, I figured surfboard sales would plummet. People would be trying to survive. The last thing a guy with 10 surfboards needs is 15 surfboards. Adult learners will probably go away as they cower in fear inside their dooplexes. I was looking at what we had in the bank and figuring we could limp along for a couple of years just cutting a few boards to keep the lights on.

And then all that government COVID relief money started pouring in. 30 boards a day wasn't enough. Not even close. Demand was insane. Off the hook. Nobody was working. Joe Biden has bought more surfboards than anybody in the history of surfboards. I'd go surfing in my hometown and there was no one in the water I knew. Everyplace was Porto. Manhattan beach north. And it will never be the same here. I'm sure other places experienced this differently, but this place is not the same, nor will it ever be the same. Because Chinese wet markets. And proximity to Los Angeles. We're all southers now...

whodathunkit?

Funny how stimulus money given to the working class finds a way to circulate...

Reactions: tacos

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali

whodathunkit?
Actually Trump bought the first round. He even made them put his name on the checks. :roflmao:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
This was the media and government messaging. There are plenty of videos of this that have been posted here over and over again. Those who pointed out that these things were not true were ostracized and kicked off of social media.
I just tried to find something and couldn’t find anything to support your claims.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I just tried to find something and couldn’t find anything to support your claims.
They’ve been posted many times over. You’re just playing dumb. We were specifically told by Biden that if you get the jab, you don’t have to worry about getting infected or infecting others.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
They’ve been posted many times over. You’re just playing dumb. We were specifically told by Biden that if you get the jab, you don’t have to worry about getting infected or infecting others.
It doesn't say what Biden actually said and it's not a habit of mine to trust the news. It's also a bad habit to trust what politicians say, by the way, and perhaps needless to say.

President Joe Biden offered an absolute guarantee Wednesday that people who get their COVID-19 vaccines are completely protected from infection, sickness and death from the coronavirus.
Incidentally, people have been getting flu shots for quite some time and are familiar with the notion that vaccines don't prevent infection or illness and that they have a limited timeframe of effectiveness for respiratory viruses. You make it sound like people are stupider than they may actually be.