Home improvement - where to start?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
View attachment 154761

hope this is clear enough - the weeds are growing through the ice plant. this was after I pulled all of the seed pods off the top of the grass stalks.
Oh bruh.. that's a problem. You should probably just pull up all the ice plant and let the weeds take over?

I kid, kidding.

Now that it's not raining any more the ice plant will take over and you pull the weeds as they get bigger and or spot treat the problem areas with this Roundup.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
View attachment 154761

hope this is clear enough - the weeds are growing through the ice plant. this was after I pulled all of the seed pods off the top of the grass stalks.
You have to pull them up by the roots seed pods and all. Stoop labor. It’s a special skill set. The answer to your problem is waiting outside of your local Home Depot.

“Busco alguien para desherbar mí jardín.” Show them the pictures. You’re halfway there. It will probably take more than one pass, check it in a month and see how it is compared to now.

Alternatively, shitcan the ice plant and grow reefer.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Thinking like that will never enable me to retire early.....new surfboard sure, trip, ummm, yeah not this year. :cry:

PS
She gets something too....hope it is not another weekend at Indian Springs.
We stayed at the converted motel joint across the street last year. We walked over to Indian Springs. It looked cool, but hard to justify the price.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
You have to pull them up by the roots seed pods and all. Stoop labor. It’s a special skill set. The answer to your problem is waiting outside of your local Home Depot.

“Busco alguien para desherbar mí jardín.” Show them the pictures. You’re halfway there. It will probably take more than one pass, check it in a month and see how it is compared to now.

Alternatively, shitcan the ice plant and grow reefer.
Even the roots will leave some spores or something and they come back. It's an eternal war!!! Man vs bed weeds. Good weeds allow me to pick the bad ones. So there is a trade off.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
It's an eternal war!!! Man vs bed weeds.
in the peak of my frustration after a day of pulling weeds thinking I’ve finally gotten ahead of them, I walk my dog and take note of the abundant overgrowth in everyone else’s yard.

how does one ever get ahead of the weeds if the seed pods are literally floating in the air? Need to figure out how to turn my dogs **** into roundup.

Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
in the peak of my frustration after a day of pulling weeds thinking I’ve finally gotten ahead of them, I walk my dog and take note of the abundant overgrowth in everyone else’s yard.

how does one ever get ahead of the weeds if the seed pods are literally floating in the air? Need to figure out how to turn my dogs **** into roundup.

Lol.
Blue chalk sticks :jamon: .

My neighbor across the street calls me "Weedman" because I am always obsessively pulling weeds. My ADHD kicks in everytime I walk through our yard when I stop to pull weeds and then forget what I came out to do.

This winter we had a superbloom of California Poppies but mixed in with them were all kind of grasses. I had to let it all just grow if I wanted to enjoy the flowers. Now the flowers have died off and I'm pulling the plants (cutting the poppy seed pods and leaving them on the ground). The grass is now easier to see. I've been going after the seed stalks too. What I hate even more is the grass that produces the little spikey seed balls. Muther fkers.

A month ago I must have gotten bit by spiders. BIg (2" diameter) red bumps on my thigh and arm, itchy as hell, and they lasted 2-3 weeks.

I love gardening. I had a horticulturist/arborist from South Carolina stop to complement our yard. He said, "People shoud learn from you that you can have a waterwise, wild looking garden, that is beautiful too." I was stoled an expert noticed.

No roundup for me, I surf not far from our house and figure all that sh!t works it way into the ocean...

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Got sick of lugging hose/wanted to automate things so I can head back east again soon so 100’ of 1/2” main and > 100’ 1/4” delivery lines to the 5 fruit trees I planted last fall and now I’ve got 2gph drip irrigation. Ima have to order a digi timer offa Amazon next.
D8FFE8FF-FD7C-4C88-BFA6-CF7E2D568E2D.jpeg

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
gotcha. fugg that paint then.
Update.

4 coats in and coverage still not complete.

Took the can back to HD to get my money back - guy in the paint department told me that paint should have never been mixed with a color that dark - too much pigment for the paint

Why am I not surprised? The guy who mixed it is some guy that walks around in a hooded sweatshirt and a black fabric mask.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What’s the solution? 6 layers? 8? new color?

my buddy has cabinets from the 70s they painted but they look like chit too. dark as well.

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Update.

Took the can back to HD to get my money back - guy in the paint department told me that paint should have never been mixed with a color that dark - too much pigment for the paint

Why am I not surprised? The guy who mixed it is some guy that walks around in a hooded sweatshirt and a black fabric mask.
did they have any tips on how you can salvage this? or just more coats?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Update.

Kind of frustrating, huh?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Update.

Pro Tip: Only go to Home Depot or Lowe’s if you know exactly what you want. Otherwise it’s worth the upcharge to go to your local Ace to get better advice, at least where I live.

Also- you can order adhesive paint samples for $4-7/color. It’s worth it IMO

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What’s the solution? 6 layers? 8? new color?

my buddy has cabinets from the 70s they painted but they look like chit too. dark as well.
I've done it 3 times before for other projects and never had issues - the key is in proper prep work.

The other Behr paint I used to do a dark grey in the other bathroom over white would have been fine with one coat, still did two though.

did they have any tips on how you can salvage this? or just more coats?
Wait a bit longer, then scuff and/or degloss and paint again using the stuff I used to do the grey.

Kind of frustrating, huh?
If you're asking if it's "affecting my mental health" like you said your sink being clogged for a day was :roflmao: the answer is no.

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus