teeroi shots

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I love this thread.

With my shoulder busted at present, it makes me happy to see someone I "like" getting waves. Never met teeroi or sponge in person, but I feel a kinship to them from this place.

If my shoulder wasn't busted, i'd be kinda of pissed about this thread, too... 'cause there's NO surf here and they're scoring every single damn day! JEALOUS
Thanks.

I hurt my shoulder 2 winters ago trying to duck dive a bomb holding on to my step up on the NS. Then hurt the other one bailing my boar when a friend pulled into a closeout in front of me. Bounced on my shoulder but not my head.

This winter has been good. Shoulders got better, surfing a lot, lost a little weight and don’t miss waves I paddle for. Had the yips for a spell without anything wrong and that was a total mind f*ck.

Hope your recovery goes well @sh3 and you get waves when you do.

Reactions: wedge2 and sh3

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
hey teeroi
any of the real old futs at bowls still remember my cousin brian hamilton?
They'd have to be decrepit age to have been around then early 70's
I've heard different versions about his status out there in the 60's-70's
He grew up on a ala wai houseboat so it was his back yard
I think not being able to turn pro in the 70's because of all the early BS ruined him for life
he's got dementia now
I asked Jeannie. She remembers Brian. Said his houseboat was on the other side of the harbor from hers and Todd. Party boat.

Jeannie said he had beautiful style like Gerry and she loved watching him surf. I asked if he was top of the pecking order and she said absolutely. Said he had a cover shot.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Yeah, here's his cover from the 70's maybe you're due for one too
This was a good issue especially the section on surfer escape vehicle with albert maldanodo?
He didn't speak kindly of Lopez, I guess there was a rivalry between the two back then.
Ended up in a rock band that was popular in the 80's called "Hawaii"Brian AlaMo.JPG

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Can't wait for my copy to arrive so I can read the articles on flower print board shorts, leash strings and asym traction pad placement.
Also in this issue:
--Localism idiosyncrasies at Ala Moana Bowls
--How to deal with water photographers who are always in the way
--Watching over everyone (even kuks and punks)

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Can't wait for my copy to arrive so I can read the articles on flower print board shorts, leash strings and asym traction pad placement.
Reverse asym pad 100% fiyah.

Also in this issue:
--Localism idiosyncrasies at Ala Moana Bowls
--How to deal with water photographers who are always in the way
--Watching over everyone (even kuks and punks)
For localism knowledge and who you can and shouldn’t call unko and especially auntie requires a premium subscription.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Since Neal is running out of pics and posting old ones here’s a sequence from 2013. I don’t remember who shot these possibly Daryl Nagao.

A while back someone posted that they liked my avatar pic. This is the sequence.

It’s a small inside wave. Best part Gregg was paddling back out and he saw me whip on it. He told me later what’s gramps paddling for that small wave and when he looked back he saw all this water coming over.

IMG_0501.jpeg_MP_7431-(ZF-2164-46818-1-002)_2.jpeg_MP_7432-(ZF-2164-46818-1-003)_2.jpeg

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Since Neal is running out of pics and posting old ones here’s a sequence from 2013. I don’t remember who shot these possibly Daryl Nagao.

A while back someone posted that they liked my avatar pic. This is the sequence.

It’s a small inside wave. Best part Gregg was paddling back out and he saw me whip on it. He told me later what’s gramps paddling for that small wave and when he looked back he saw all this water coming over.

View attachment 154250View attachment 154251View attachment 154252
That was me. I said I was a "fan." Still am. :jamon:

• Haha
Reactions: teeroi