*** Official Hurley Pro Sunset Beach Contest Thread ***

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Anyway.

So far, there's Robbo, JJF, Ethan, and Gabe. Everyone else is playing checkers. We'll see. what the rest of the draw does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Anyway.

So far, there's Robbo, JJF, Ethan, and Gabe. Everyone else is playing checkers. We'll see. what the rest of the draw does.
I would love to add Griffin to this list, but his wave selection is yet again horrible.

It seems like every contest it's the same deal with Griff. Poor wave choices peppered with excellent surfing.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Some friendly fire heats coming up.

Seth vs. Barron.

Jordy vs. Matty.

Barron won last year so I guess he's the favorite.

Would love to see Jordy show up. Seems like good conditions for him.

Reactions: Joshua2415

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Good wind conditions this morning but like the commentators and heat winners have been saying there’s a mixed up swell running. There’s a lingering east swell from all the days of strong trades. The bump is going with the rights so it might not be as noticeable at Sunset. The left I surfed this morning is a different story. The east does make my regular break heavier and after a couple of barrel free weeks in February finally made one.

Missed watching John’s heat live but watched the replay. Seemed to me he was underscored on those turns he was laying into. He still won his heat and i got a head dip so all is good. Haha.