Tyre Nichols

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The powerful and corrupt police unions are not sticking up for these cops, gee I wonder why?
Maybe because they outright murdered someone?

You’re an “anti-racist” in addition to a feminist now?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
As a 44yr old white male I’ve been pulled over by police many times for various offenses in my life, almost always while holding cannabis and often times under the influence. Only once was I ever asked to get out of the vehicle and on that occasion I was a passenger. And I’ve never had my vehicle searched or been asked questions that are fishing for probable cause. It’s almost always something like “I pulled you over for doing 77 in a 55. I’ll reduce it to 74 so you don’t have to go to court. Don’t let it happen again.”
I grew up in a bad part of the Bay Area

This was not my experience

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Maybe because they outright murdered someone?

You’re an “anti-racist” in addition to a feminist now?
-So delusional, they go the mat when white cops do this. You are 100% Authoritarian, love using the govt to hurt people you do like, yet has tantrums about mask mandates during a Pandemic. Also backs the strong over weak every time without a thought about right vs. wrong. Get help.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
As a 44yr old white male I’ve been pulled over by police many times for various offenses in my life, almost always while holding cannabis and often times under the influence. Only once was I ever asked to get out of the vehicle and on that occasion I was a passenger. And I’ve never had my vehicle searched or been asked questions that are fishing for probable cause. It’s almost always something like “I pulled you over for doing 77 in a 55. I’ll reduce it to 74 so you don’t have to go to court. Don’t let it happen again.”
You've experienced more white privilege than I have. "I pulled you over because you look like the kind of guy that would have dope in your car."

The bottom line is avoid the cops.

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
I grew up in a bad part of the Bay Area

This was not my experience
51st and MLK in 1998. Oakland PD has its share of issues but they let the (rowdy)motorcycle club I hung out with off the hook a lot more than the black family playing loud music next door.

Growing up in south Florida, my white friends and I used to stand in the window of the passenger seat, holding on to the roof rack “car surfing “

One time we passed a Plantation Police car and my friend took off, doing 100mph down University Blvd. We ended up getting pulled over by 3 cruisers, and they gave us a “talking to “ even saying they had to go 125 to catch us. Minor traffic ticket and off we went. No search, no questions.

Sitting in the backseat of my Trinidadian friend driving the speed limit on Broward blvd after skating downtown Fort Lauderdale, we got pulled over. Asked to search the car, told my friends to get out of the car, and read the riot act for…? Driving a clean Honda Accord that belonged to his mom.

There is no doubt that people of color have a mistrust of the police for good reason imho.

All cops aren’t bad, but there is no doubt there is an institutional problem.

edit: apologies for the horrible spelling, damn phone

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Do you guys have any black friends? Seriously, do you?

People of color have a different relationship with the police, period.

I have never had the police roll up on me with guns drawn, and I did some stupid @ss stuff over the years.

Sitting in the backseat of my best friend’s car (with tinted windows) I can tell you he was treated differently than I was, complying or not. Didn’t matter what race the cop was.
How do you, a white guy, know people of color (aka colored people) have a different relationship with the police, period?

My experiences with cops have been almost universally negative.

That includes my experience with customs too.

I'm white.

Reactions: Ifallalot

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
How do you, a white guy, know people of color (aka colored people) have a different relationship with the police, period?

I'm white.
because I’m in a mixed family, and have non-white friends. But what do I know.

I’m not a social justice warrior, just speaking from experience and experience of friends and family

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

I'm white.
you mean you’re not a flip?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
because I’m in a mixed family, and have non-white friends. But what do I know.

I’m not a so justice warrior, just speaking from experience and experience of friends and family
You can't tell me what a black person goes through at a traffic stop. You've never been in their shoes.

Just like a black person can't tell me what a white person goes through at a traffic stop.

I think people of all cultures and colors - including white - have a lot of falsely perceived injustices based upon their race or culture.

Weird thing is, I was once told, by a black person, that black "authority figures" often treat other blacks worse than they treat white people, and white "authority figures" often treat blacks better than they treat whites. He was referring to one-on-one personal interactions with people like cops, teachers, nurses. Never knew what to make of that.

Obviously he was referring to modern times but it gave me pause and still does.

Reactions: Ifallalot

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
You can't tell me what a black person goes through at a traffic stop. You've never been in their shoes.

Just like a black person can't tell me what a white person goes through at a traffic stop.

I think people of all cultures and colors - including white - have a lot of falsely perceived injustices based upon their race or culture.

Weird thing is, I was once told, by a black person, that black "authority figures" often treat other blacks worse than they treat white people, and white "authority figures" often treat blacks better than they treat whites. He was referring to one-on-one personal interactions with people like cops, teachers, nurses. Never knew what to make of that.

Obviously he was referring to modern times but it gave me pause and still does.
dude, did you not read anything I said?

no, I can’t FEEL what another person does. But if you bothered to read what I wrote, I have seen different treatment happen in front of me.

but yeah, what do I know.

Im just some guy posting on here, born in the Bahamas with a mixed family, in a mixed marriage, lived in poor neighborhoods, in a few countries, but have no knowledge of how other cultures live, or what they experience.

how about you take a step back and admit that you also have no idea how a minority feels when they get pulled over for no apparent reason and are greeted by cop’s with their guns out? Try that for once in your life.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
You've experienced more white privilege than I have. "I pulled you over because you look like the kind of guy that would have dope in your car."

The bottom line is avoid the cops.
Sure I don’t like paying fines. Nobody does. But as a white male I’ve never had reason to fear for my life during a traffic stop. My gut reaction when I get pulled over is more about the fine I’m likely gonna pay and how much time I’m gonna lose out of my day on the side of the road than my personal safety. That’s not the same for black people, particularly young black men.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Sure I don’t like paying fines. Nobody does. But as a white male I’ve never had reason to fear for my life during a traffic stop. My gut reaction when I get pulled over how sore my jaw is going to be and how much time I’m gonna lose out of my day on the side of the road than my personal safety.
fixed

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
-So delusional, they go the mat when white cops do this. You are 100% Authoritarian, love using the govt to hurt people you do like, yet has tantrums about mask mandates during a Pandemic. Also backs the strong over weak every time without a thought about right vs. wrong. Get help.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: $kully