Hawaii- Done

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Sugar: an avenging angel of the enslaved?

Unfortunately, Sugar is an equal opportunity killer, and doesn't distinguish between the descendants of the slave owners and the descendants of the slaves
Or the downstream watersheds.

The Everglades, Indian River Lagoon, St. Lucie River, Loxahatchee River, Caloosahatchee River, Florida Bay, Whitewater Bay, Pine Island Sound, Gasparilla Sound, Estero Bay......

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
funny how people always assume the electricity will be on to power all the stores, pump their water and gasoline or power their computers/hybrids. One time it rained for a month straight, roofing guys made a mint.

41 Days of Rain

We went weeks without power when the HECO guys went on strike right after something similar. This was when mgmt was trying to sell to that florida power company that went bankrupt later.

HECO Strike During Power Outage

can't wait to see this place when we're without power for a month like kauai after iniki, gonna be a zoo like in the movies.

• Wow
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I knew people who lived in RB and RP and liked it, traffic and heat notwithstanding. Every single one of them was a transplant though.
Not surprisingly, most Encinitas / Leucadia locals I knew looked down their noses at the inland burbs.
This was the '80s.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
For suburbia, RB/RP is not that bad. The 56 will get you to a variety of surf (most of it mediocre) in 20 minutes a little longer with traffic. Close to a lot of hiking and mtn. biking. It is always sunnier that far inland and it doesn't get that hot. Good schools and amenities with a lower, for San Diego, COL.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
What's wrong with RB?

I just moved to SD but it seems nice enough. The schools are good and I'm required to be at work everday so the commute was important.
The old Del Mar guys hated on Poway. I don't think there was even a RB back then...

Lot's of very high quality jobs in RB.

Npsp, I'm sure Truth also, knows this guy, Eric M. (I'm not even gonna try to spell the last name, lol) RB guy, rips Blacks, since forever.

Description of Muscle's new surf routine. Straight shot down the freeway, turn left go to Black's, turn right hit up Seaside/Cardiff/Swamis, PPP not much further. Daylong surf trip? Sure, San O, Ensenada, plenty close. It's not like living in Anaheim or Downey.

Here's some typical surfers in my zone

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Npsp, I'm sure Truth also, knows this guy, Eric M. (I'm not even gonna try to spell the last name, lol) RB guy, rips Blacks, since forever.
The Ego! Eric is in his late 50s early 60s and is still one of the best guys down there on any given day. He's the 000 of Blacks; funny to listen to him fume when people paddle out to "his" peak when the rest of the beach is empty.

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
funny how people always assume the electricity will be on to power all the stores, pump their water and gasoline or power their computers/hybrids. One time it rained for a month straight, roofing guys made a mint.

41 Days of Rain

We went weeks without power when the HECO guys went on strike right after something similar. This was when mgmt was trying to sell to that florida power company that went bankrupt later.

HECO Strike During Power Outage

can't wait to see this place when we're without power for a month like kauai after iniki, gonna be a zoo like in the movies.
Over 80% of the power generation on Oahu is from large diesel generator complexs, which average 7 days of fuel reserves. If the fuel tanker ships don't arrive in time to hook up to the supply pipes, it's lights out across the island. Major source of anticipated interruption - west coast earthquake.

Reactions: JSC