Electric vehicle fuel

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
This is epic that a bunch of arugula eating, coastal dwelling, skintight bodysuit wearing ballerinas judged too mechanically incompetent to operate an allen key are having a gearhead bullshit talk. Way in the f--k better than a straight partisan poo-fight.

"Nuh uh my Feinstein is fast."
"Pffft. Laguna Seca, Shmaguna Shmeca. My cornmobile can haul serious Grassley."
The best is when ifailalot is telling everyone how they never drove a performance car.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not only that even a basic Tesla Model 3 can out accelerate most ICE cars but it can out accelerate them AT ANY SPEED.

Electric motors have infinite torque.

Which muscle car can do 0-60 in 3 seconds? Demon? :roflmao:

You are showing your stupidity and ignorance with every post. Amazing.
2 + 2 = 5 is a more logically unassailable argument than preferring some pushrod 2 liter per horsepower lump from the stone age over a twelver from the Scuderia.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
LOL

For your reference, the first production Tesla came off the line in 2012.

10 years later EVERY car manufacturer has an EV in their lineup with some going fully EV (like Volvo) in 5 years.

Can you imagine what can be done in the next 10 years?

Actually no, you can't.

What is it in the conservative nature to deny that rapid change is happening?
Fear, stupidity or just ignorance?
Lithium battery tech can only be stretched so far, without increasing the size of the battery.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Not only that even a basic Tesla Model 3 can out accelerate most ICE cars but it can out accelerate them AT ANY SPEED.

Electric motors have infinite torque.

Which muscle car can do 0-60 in 3 seconds? Demon? :roflmao:

You are showing your stupidity and ignorance with every post. Amazing.
Like I said, where's the EV to ICE drag strip competitions in Top Fuel/Funny Car races?

Shouldn't they be busting all kinds of records by now?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What tide

Why do you pretend that this is a market-based solution?

That's the problem here- this is social engineering
wrong. people drive the cars and fkn love them. they love not buying gas. they love more reliability through less moving parts.

electric vehicles are the future

a full shift to electric vehicles also fks oil producting nations which I LOVE HARD

all your tantruming and whinging is ridiculous and pathetic

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Lithium battery tech can only be stretched so far, without increasing the size of the battery.
You should tell that to the scientists so they don't waste their time.

In fact they should have just stayed with Acid Led because you can't improve batteries.

You ignorance has no limits.

• Haha
Reactions: hammies

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Like I said, where's the EV to ICE drag strip competitions in Top Fuel/Funny Car races?

Shouldn't they be busting all kinds of records by now?
Actually they are, you just can't be bothered to find out.

Electric bikes and cars have been ruling the Pikes Peak climb, in fact the record holder is an EV.
Cut the record by 3 minutes which is fucking ridicilous.

1664300948201.png

Let's see a muscle car do it. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
You should tell that to the scientists so they don't waste their time.

In fact they should have just stayed with Acid Led because you can't improve batteries.

You ignorance has no limits.
Lithium battery tech is far from new.

They've been in use for over 50 years, and commercially available for at least 30 years.

They've come a long way from those days. But what they're doing now, is trying to find the right blend of rare earth materials that get both extended range, quick charging, and charge cycle retention. Lots of different blends being tested, but getting one that meets all those requirements is a daunting task.

Still, battery size will limit size/weight of vehicle, no matter which blend of battery wins outs. Battery powered EV's are just the short term transition to a less toxic overall vehicle, not dependent on rare earth materials that China is cornering the market on. EV's will be slaves to China in 10-15 years, the way China is planning 50-100 years out.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Actually they are, you just can't be bothered to find out.

Electric bikes and cars have been ruling the Pikes Peak climb, in fact the record holder is an EV.
Cut the record by 3 minutes which is fucking ridicilous.

View attachment 138631

Let's see a muscle car do it. :roflmao: :roflmao:
I said Funny Car/Top Fuel. The kings of instant speed/torque, which EV's are held as the gold standard.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I said Funny Car/Top Fuel. The kings of instant speed/torque, which EV's are held as the gold standard.
Teslas have been spanking ICE cars on drag strips for years. I don't know why anybody would want a funny car.

Why only Funny/Top Fuel cars? Pikes Peak climb is about acceleration out of corners plus much more.

• Haha
Reactions: npsp and Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
LOL

For your reference, the first production Tesla came off the line in 2012.

10 years later EVERY car manufacturer has an EV in their lineup with some going fully EV (like Volvo) in 5 years.

Can you imagine what can be done in the next 10 years?

Actually no, you can't.

What is it in the conservative nature to deny that rapid change is happening?
Fear, stupidity or just ignorance?
Great. Can we end taxpayer subsidies to the EV and Charging Station industry then?

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Teslas have been spanking ICE cars on drag strips for years. I don't know why anybody would want a funny car.

Why only Funny/Top Fuel cars? Pikes Peak climb is about acceleration out of corners plus much more.
We're talking torque and 0 to whatever here. EV's are supposed to rule that feature.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It looks like NHRA did start EV events recently.

EV record in Top Fuel rail type dragster is 202.52 mph set in March 2022.

Impressive, but nowhere near the ICE Top Fuel record of 338 mph in 1/4 mile (in 3.623 seconds)
Top speed is not the same as torque.

Comparing dragsters to production cars is pretty ridiculous to start with. Sheesh.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Top speed is not the same as torque.

Comparing dragsters to production cars is pretty ridiculous to start with. Sheesh.
The comparison above is similar rail type dragsters.

1/4 mile races need plenty of torque to win.

Tesla's have outstanding 0-60 performance for a production car. But that kind of driving eats up battery charge quick.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The comparison above is similar rail type dragsters.

1/4 mile races need plenty of torque to win.

Tesla's have outstanding 0-60 performance for a production car. But that kind of driving eats up battery charge quick.
what does it do for mpg in an ICE car?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
This is epic that a bunch of arugula eating, coastal dwelling, skintight bodysuit wearing ballerinas judged too mechanically incompetent to operate an allen key are having a gearhead bullshit talk. Way in the f--k better than a straight partisan poo-fight.

"Nuh uh my Feinstein is fast."
"Pffft. Laguna Seca, Shmaguna Shmeca. My cornmobile can haul serious Grassley."
The terrain part makes me laugh too. As if 90% of suburbia takes their pickup truck or SUV anywhere but work, grocery store, and carwash... :roflmao:

#1 fault with the Tesla for me is that it doesn't have enough interior cargo space to haul a bunch of sh!t.