Electric vehicle fuel

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I love the constantly shifting straw man arguments that these dopes make

EV isn't winning drag races so obviously it's nazi

these guys are going to be shitting their diapers about EVs right up to the point that a SELF-DRIVING electric hearse drives their dead bodies to the Soylent factory
Fixed.

On the other hand, if it's a Viking funeral where they put you on a boat and fire flaming arrows to cremate you, what is the equivalent for a Tesla?

A Texas Funeral?
Refixed the AFOAF quote :computer::p

And what was that about a Texas Funeral?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Kento and afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You're talking about a small subset of EV enthusiasts.

There's better options than vehicles than EV, they're only the future because the green cult is pushing them. The ultimate goal is to limit mobility, and EVs are wonderful at doing that

And what kind of cars do you people drive nowadays? Even the most unreliable new car is more reliable than the most reliable 80s car when it was new

What's ridiculous and pathetic is 1) you thinking that oil producing nations will be affected (how do you think electricity is produced) and 2) not realizing that the US is an oil producing nation
Electricity in SoCal is produced without oil/coal.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
What particularly pisses me off about the EV/Democrat/EnviroNut symbiote is that they are purposely manipulating the energy market to drive up consumer prices at the pump so as to drive people from petroleum fuel to coal/nuke/electric based vehicles. Without this unholy alliance of democrat politicians and the enviro lobby and their scheme of government subsidies and consumer penalties the EV market wouldn't exist.
Haha it’s amazing how smart and powerful liberal Americans are!

But tell us more about this purposeful manipulation of the energy markets. I can’t wait to learn more!

Reactions: Chile Verde

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Either that or let us store nuclear waste in your backyard. Come to think of it, Phoenix would make a perfect nuclear waste dump.
The copper mines at Miami, Az, would probably be better than under the lakebed/flood plain that is Phoenix....but still have some issue with water infiltration, plus you don't really want more contaminated copper.

1664316863948.png

Once read a paper about vitrifying nuke waste and dropping at the bottom of subduction zones. Every month, a fresh layer of matter would fall on it, and every 10K/100K/1000K yrs, a little more of it would get subducted, and then hopefully in X million years, if there is remelting of the waste getting entailed with volcanism like what happens in the Cascades with subducting San Juan de Fuca plate, radiation should have decayed away.

Of course, that is how you get 1664317229990.png

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
But tell us more about this purposeful manipulation of the energy markets. I can’t wait to learn more!
Are you not honest enough to admit that the executive orders by the Biden Administration and actions taken by democrats in Washington are driving up energy prices? Really????
Instead of being dishonest and disingenuous you should just own it at this stage of the game.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
wrong and lolwut?
You keep saying "wrong" based on what? A loud minority is not a majority

This is the first time you're noticing a tenet of the globalists is reduced individual mobility? Individual mobility creates freedom and independence, both of those are verboten

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Bullshit.

Prove that nuclear waste recycling is viable and nobody has problem with nuclear, except maybe building one on an earthquake fault. :socrazy:

Either that or let us store nuclear waste in your backyard. Come to think of it, Phoenix would make a perfect nuclear waste dump.
Bullshit? You just proved my point

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
What was your point?
I'm guessing Phoenix's existence as a natural dumping ground for nuclear waste proves that nuclear waste recycling is viable.

There is logic to it. Especially if you take a stop in Quartzite so their dumps don't get too lonely.

I am already envisioning a whole line of The Sand Dunes Have Eyes movies. We gotta get youcantbeserious on this.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Bullshit? You just proved my point
How do you figure that dummy?
I have no problem with nuclear power if nuclear waste is indeed recyclable.

Being able to know what to do to with nuclear waste is kind of important.

What's your solution?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Are you not honest enough to admit that the executive orders by the Biden Administration and actions taken by democrats in Washington are driving up energy prices? Really????
Instead of being dishonest and disingenuous you should just own it at this stage of the game.
which ones and how? Are you telling me the world oil equilibrium hasn’t come close to balanced lately with oil down to $75 the other day? That the US’s minimal extra production, even assuming uS refineries could handle it, is the only way the world oil market can balance? Lol.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Transmutation is a think. Take high level wastes with long half-lives, irradiate them a certain way in a special reactor, and they can become waste with a much shorter half-life. Decades of expensive research still needs to be done in this area, but it's worth spending money on.

We can't make a containment structure that will last 50,000 years, but we can make one that will last 5,000 years.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Transmutation is a think. Take high level wastes with long half-lives, irradiate them a certain way in a special reactor, and they can become waste with a much shorter half-life. Decades of expensive research still needs to be done in this area, but it's worth spending money on.

We can't make a containment structure that will last 50,000 years, but we can make one that will last 5,000 years.
What about Containmentzona? And aren't there like a dozen Containmentstans between the Mediterranean and the Himalayas?

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand