Electric vehicle fuel

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Actually they are, you just can't be bothered to find out.

Electric bikes and cars have been ruling the Pikes Peak climb, in fact the record holder is an EV.
Cut the record by 3 minutes which is fucking ridicilous.

View attachment 138631

Let's see a muscle car do it. :roflmao: :roflmao:
That car was purpose-built for that one event. Still an impressive machine, though!

1664306273693.png

• Wow
Reactions: afoaf

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That's not a Tesla on any of these roads.

But aside from it looking ugly as fuck, yeah, more space and snow ability is good.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I love the constantly shifting straw man arguments that these dopes make

EV isn't winning drag races so obviously it's nazi

these guys are going to be shitting their diapers about EVs right up to the point that an electric hearse drives their dead bodies to the composting factory

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

these guys are going to be shitting their diapers about EVs right up to the point that an electric hearse drives their dead bodies to the composting factory
Seriously, a decent portion of this board won't live to see 2035.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

these guys are going to be shitting their diapers about EVs right up to the point that a SELF-DRIVING electric hearse drives their dead bodies to the composting factory
Fixed.

On the other hand, if it's a Viking funeral where they put you on a boat and fire flaming arrows to cremate you, what is the equivalent for a Tesla?

A Texas Funeral?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
wrong. people drive the cars and fkn love them. they love not buying gas. they love more reliability through less moving parts.

electric vehicles are the future

a full shift to electric vehicles also fks oil producting nations which I LOVE HARD

all your tantruming and whinging is ridiculous and pathetic
You're talking about a small subset of EV enthusiasts.

There's better options than vehicles than EV, they're only the future because the green cult is pushing them. The ultimate goal is to limit mobility, and EVs are wonderful at doing that

And what kind of cars do you people drive nowadays? Even the most unreliable new car is more reliable than the most reliable 80s car when it was new

What's ridiculous and pathetic is 1) you thinking that oil producing nations will be affected (how do you think electricity is produced) and 2) not realizing that the US is an oil producing nation

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to see EV Funny Car and Top Fuel rails compete against ICE's in the 1/4 mile drag strip.

Why haven't we seen these yet?
And even the vaunted Plaid gets smoked by mildly warmed over ICE cars

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The best is when ifailalot is telling everyone how they never drove a performance car.
You're part of the minority

And since you're more concerned with turns, i'm surprised you're a fan of these heavy pigs

But then again, its' what your religion compels you to do

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I sold my ‘69 Boss 302 and used part of the $ to buy the ’performance’ Model Y for my wife. The car is quick. The car is quiet. The car computer is set up to charge every evening between midnight and and 6 am. The car has no ‘soul’ but does what it is supposed to do. Although I don’t need to drive it much, I have a final year production XKR/S Jaguar with track ready set-up and power (550HP 502 # torque), twin screw superchargers, overhead cam, 5 liter (about the same displacement as the Boss 302 but light years ahead of the Boss with new technology). Maybe not as fast as the Model Y is a straight line but a rush and favorite of mine. When I bought my first XKR/S brand new off the lot, Jaguar America gave us access to their performance driving academy where I got in a couple dozen laps in their XKR (500 HP not particularly track ready) at Laguna Seca. I’m pretty confident the Jag (and Lambos, GT2/GT3 RS and RSR) would out handle the ‘street’ TeslaE52635CB-24E8-419C-80C1-088C19609C64.jpeg. At the end of the day, the Model Y Performance is great for local commuting, shopping, etc., not my preference for road trips…

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What's ridiculous and pathetic is 1) you thinking that oil producing nations will be affected (how do you think electricity is produced) and 2) not realizing that the US is an oil producing nation
We disagree about the future of nuclear power. I think she'll be making a comeback, laddy.

And even the vaunted Plaid gets smoked by mildly warmed over ICE cars
The normal Model S runs mid-10 quarter miles and the plaid is mid-8.

The Porsche GT2 is 10.3.

Calling the GT2 mildly warmed over ICE car is like calling Kelly Slater a high intermediate surfer. Just, no.

Try driving almost anything as fast in a straight line as a Tesla on a road trip. You'll be BEGGING for an excuse to get out of the thing for 15-20 minutes. Great on a skidpad/track. Frozen legs/hips/knees on a road trip.

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I sold my ‘69 Boss 302 and used part of the $ to buy the ’performance’ Model Y for my wife. The car is quick. The car is quiet. The car computer is set up to charge every evening between midnight and and 6 am. The car has no ‘soul’ but does what it is supposed to do. Although I don’t need to drive it much, I have a final year production XKR/S Jaguar with track ready set-up and power (550HP 502 # torque), twin screw superchargers, overhead cam, 5 liter (about the same displacement as the Boss 302 but light years ahead of the Boss with new technology). Maybe not as fast as the Model Y is a straight line but a rush and favorite of mine. When I bought my first XKR/S brand new off the lot, Jaguar America gave us access to their performance driving academy where I got in a couple dozen laps in their XKR (500 HP not particularly track ready) at Laguna Seca. I’m pretty confident the Jag (and Lambos, GT2/GT3 RS and RSR) would out handle the XKR/S but maybe would take the pink slip vs an XKR. At the end of the day, the Model Y Performance is great for local commuting, shopping, etc., not my preference for road trips…
That's a tragedy

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
We disagree about the future of nuclear power. I think she'll be making a comeback, laddy.

The normal Model S runs mid-10 quarter miles and the plaid is mid-8.

The Porsche GT2 is 10.3.

Calling the GT2 mildly warmed over ICE car is like calling Kelly Slater a high intermediate surfer. Just, no.

Try driving almost anything as fast in a straight line as a Tesla on a road trip. You'll be BEGGING for an excuse to get out of the thing for 15-20 minutes. Great on a skidpad/track. Frozen legs/hips/knees on a road trip.
I hope nuclear power comes back, but the same people who hate any dino power hate nuclear too. They're looking for the perpetual motion machine

You forget i'm a manlet, i'm comfortable in those cars :dancing:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I hope nuclear power comes back, but the same people who hate any dino power hate nuclear too. They're looking for the perpetual motion machine
I remember when they hated the segregationist ally and were looking for a non-white Bernie/Warren. They STFU and GTF in line as per direction.

Damn I just got Norf FC'd. L taken.

• Haha

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Bullshit.

Prove that nuclear waste recycling is viable and nobody has problem with nuclear, except maybe building one on an earthquake fault. :socrazy:

Either that or let us store nuclear waste in your backyard. Come to think of it, Phoenix would make a perfect nuclear waste dump.

• Haha

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
You're part of the minority

And since you're more concerned with turns, i'm surprised you're a fan of these heavy pigs

But then again, its' what your religion compels you to do
That wasn't the point.

You and Surfdog are comparing sports performance cars to run off the mill production EVs.

If you want to do that comparison, why not take a comparable EV instead of a family sedan? :poke:

1664310580493.jpeg

1664310496475.jpeg

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I said Funny Car/Top Fuel. The kings of instant speed/torque, which EV's are held as the gold standard.
Funny Car/Top Fuel dragsters run highly engineered single purpose built high displacement, high horsepower and high torque engines that get completely rebuilt after every run. So different in everyway. The fact that some Tesla models have 2.30 second 0-60 stock performance vs every other production daily driver is the bench mark we should be discussing. Comparing them to Top Fuelers is stupid. It is a rare occurrence when I agree with Fecalbertand but he's correct that the Pikes Peak race is a great evaluator of a cars overall performance capabilities vs a straight-line 1/4 mile run.

I LOVE ICEs with a passion but I have been working with electric motors for 30+ years and knew it was only a matter of time before EVs took over as daily commuter vehicles. Still a long way to go for long distance driving but the tech will eventually get there.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You're talking about a small subset of EV enthusiasts.

There's better options than vehicles than EV, they're only the future because the green cult is pushing them. The ultimate goal is to limit mobility, and EVs are wonderful at doing that

And what kind of cars do you people drive nowadays? Even the most unreliable new car is more reliable than the most reliable 80s car when it was new

What particularly pisses me off about the EV/Democrat/EnviroNut symbiote is that they are purposely manipulating the energy market to drive up consumer prices at the pump so as to drive people from petroleum fuel to coal/nuke/electric based vehicles. Without this unholy alliance of democrat politicians and the enviro lobby and their scheme of government subsidies and consumer penalties the EV market wouldn't exist.