*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
how Is it possible to induce long covid if there’s no live virus in the mRNA vaccine? Did she have the other one? Maybe it’s long Covid caused by Covid?
I'm not a Doc and I'm getting this second/third hand. So hell if I know. But just thinking about it, people get sick from the vaccine with COVID like symptoms only not as bad right? Pretty common. So you have the vaccine inducing COVID type symptoms. The other one I have read about is blood clots. People die of blood clots with COVID. People get blood clots from COVID vaccines. :shrug: I probably should have written "long COVID-like symptoms" instead of "long COVID."

Again, hell if I know. I'll run a search and see what pops up.

First hit, didn't read it. In rare cases, coronavirus vaccines may cause Long Covid–like symptoms | Science | AAAS

So whatever. My daughter told me the tech who was giving her the echo has the same problem. And she has seen the problem a number of times now. So maybe not as rare as they thought earlier?

Rare doesn't really help you much if it happens to you or your loved ones.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'm not a Doc and I'm getting this second/third hand. So hell if I know. But just thinking about it, people get sick from the vaccine with COVID like symptoms only not as bad right? Pretty common. So you have the vaccine inducing COVID type symptoms. The other one I have read about is blood clots. People die of blood clots with COVID. People get blood clots from COVID vaccines. :shrug: I probably should have written "long COVID-like symptoms" instead of "long COVID."

Again, hell if I know. I'll run a search and see what pops up.

First hit, didn't read it. In rare cases, coronavirus vaccines may cause Long Covid–like symptoms | Science | AAAS

So whatever. My daughter told me the tech who was giving her the echo has the same problem. And she has seen the problem a number of times now. So maybe not as rare as they thought earlier?

Rare doesn't really help you much if it happens to you or your loved ones.
"Rare" is something that happens to someone-else's kid. The true rate of these adverse events is unknown - we rely on disinterested bureaucrats at the CDC scrubbing VAERS to find them, and busy doctors to report them. It takes 45 minutes to get through to some clerk at the CDC to report an event, thus most physicians shrug and give up. As was the case with myocarditis, passive adverse event surveillance systems like VAERS catch only a small fraction of the true number of adverse events when compared to active surveillance used by other countries. Sure, the CDC could dig further into it and find the true rate, but they don't care. They're incurious about what will happen to people. $$$

They're going to recommend the bivalent "booster" based on no human trials today. Remember the "horse paste" campaign that was burned into the back of our eyelids? They're about to recommend 175 million doses of a drug based on zero evidence of efficacy.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
The true rate of these adverse events is unknown
i would go as far as to one up you and say "unknowable" given the tremendous social and economic pressure on health care professionals to toe the "safe and effective" party line

the one person i know of in real life who sought treatment for vaccine injury was unable to get the doctor to even entertain the possibility that their symptoms were related to getting the jab

Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Looks like I'll be refusing further vaccines. This targets Vinay Prasad.
There was never any evidence for the boosters or for previously-infected people to get the shots. The Moderna shot produced the strongest reactions and adverse events. Remember when Newsom disappeared for 10 days and missed the WEF forum after his Moderna "booster?"

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Looks like I'll be refusing further vaccines. This targets Vinay Prasad.

There was never any evidence for the boosters or for previously-infected people to get the shots. The Moderna shot produced the strongest reactions and adverse events. Remember when Newsom disappeared for 10 days and missed the WEF forum after his Moderna "booster?"
Ah the dRaMa!

here’s the current pos on the booster. Note, neither the “liberal media” nor anyone else is saying anything other than it’s available if you want it and they don’t know how effective it will be. How DaRe THeY:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Hyperbole and shrill headlines gets clicks, level-headedness not so many.

Welcome to 2022.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
When will the people responsible for all the avoidable deaths caused by the blatant mishandling of this global situation be held accountable?

That's what I want to know.

Never, I know.

:crazy2::barf::censored:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Which deaths were avoidable?
This has been mismanaged on a global scale in a big way, medical supply and vaccine hoarding amongst other things going on, as usual, curiously suspicious.

There's been plenty of avoidable deaths worldwide.

If you don't agree, maybe we either don't get the same information or you haven't been paying attention?

:shrug:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
This has been mismanaged on a global scale in a big way, medical supply and vaccine hoarding amongst other things going on, as usual, curiously suspicious.

There's been plenty of avoidable deaths worldwide.

If you don't agree, maybe we either don't get the same information or you haven't been paying attention?

:shrug:

I’m all for it, but what duty does the US have to the rest of the world here? You suggested people should be prosecuted for this? Who? For what?

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
The US is part of a global community. Any other member of the global community is equally responsible and should be held accountable as well. EU, China, Russia, everyone.

Yes, people should be prosecuted for this.

Anyone, anywhere, found to be complicit in hoarding vaccines knowingly at this point in time knowing what we know about how easily it spreads.

For not handling this correctly, ie: not manufacturing and distributing enough vaccines, the side effects of said vaccines where improper testing to rush to market took place, the approving of laws or policies that led to hoarding vaccines by certain countries, or blocks of countries.

I may be naive, but what good is eradicating, or vaccination against, any highly and easily spreadable disease, if you leave even one country out? All it takes is one sick citizen from the left out country to help start a new wave of infections with a new vaccine resistant variant.

Hello?

Every single medical professional I know is beside themselves that this is still being mishandled. At this point in time, we not only should, we DO KNOW BETTER. But still, here we are.

Enjoy the back to school/back to work new wave of infections this fall.

:crazy2::shrug::socrazy::shameonyou:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The US is part of a global community. Any other member of the global community is equally responsible and should be held accountable as well. EU, China, Russia, everyone.

Yes, people should be prosecuted for this.

Anyone, anywhere, found to be complicit in hoarding vaccines knowingly at this point in time knowing what we know about how easily it spreads.

For not handling this correctly, ie: not manufacturing and distributing enough vaccines, the side effects of said vaccines where improper testing to rush to market took place, the approving of laws or policies that led to hoarding vaccines by certain countries, or blocks of countries.

I may be naive, but what good is eradicating, or vaccination against, any highly and easily spreadable disease, if you leave even one country out? All it takes is one sick citizen from the left out country to help start a new wave of infections with a new vaccine resistant variant.

Hello?

Every single medical professional I know is beside themselves that this is still being mishandled. At this point in time, we not only should, we DO KNOW BETTER. But still, here we are.

Enjoy the back to school/back to work new wave of infections this fall.

:crazy2::shrug::socrazy::shameonyou:
not to be combative, but, weren't you calling this whole thing a hoax for the first, I don't know, 18 months of the pandemic?