Twitter....done?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Who yhe fck cares about Twitter? What I do care about is $1B dollars. That money could have been used for so much good! Fck Elon!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
you're saying this without any evidence

he's making this claim with no substantiation
Yes, because I'm sure it's public information that twitter is dying to share :unsure: :roflmao:

We all know that trolls, both bots and organized trolls, are a huge problem on social media. It's not a stretch to imagine that there are far more than what they are willing to admit, or even know about in the first place. If anything, Twitter probably doesn't even want to know.

Reactions: Pico

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
no more twitter, quit facebook, and now am close to quitting the gram. I scroll through two posts then end up seeing someone playing ping pong with poodles to horrible music. It all sucks
IG with the sound off, all the time. Not once have I heard a song that actually fit the post and that wasn't bubblegum pop garbage

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yes, because I'm sure it's public information that twitter is dying to share :unsure: :roflmao:

We all know that trolls, both bots and organized trolls, are a huge problem on social media. It's not a stretch to imagine that there are far more than what they are willing to admit, or even know about in the first place. If anything, Twitter probably doesn't even want to know.
I find this all factually accurate, but it doesn't really address afoaf's point. Everyone who hasn't given their bank account information to minor Nigerian royalty knew this seven years ago, including and especially Elon Musk.

The whole stock market taking a sh!t hypothesis our boy posited sounds far more plausible than Elon wanted to know how many bots there actually were. More due diligence goes into leash string purchases if he agreed to that sum without knowing the bot population. Twitter's one redeeming feature is it's very useful for lazy data mining.

Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

I wrote that.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I like Tesla and SpaceX. Elon is a visionary and people like him coming to the USA to set up shop is what makes America great.

But I also thought the Twitter thing would happen, so I have to tote that L.
I guess you didn't see the YouTube video saying he was a fraud?

I get all my info from YouTube.

:dancing:

You are like my sister. She judges people by what they do and not how they look.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I find this all factually accurate, but it doesn't really address afoaf's point. Everyone who hasn't given their bank account information to minor Nigerian royalty knew this seven years ago, including and especially Elon Musk.

The whole stock market taking a sh!t hypothesis our boy posited sounds far more plausible than Elon wanted to know how many bots there actually were. More due diligence goes into leash string purchases if he agreed to that sum without knowing the bot population. Twitter's one redeeming feature is it's very useful for lazy data mining.
If you read the letter from his representation, twitter agreed to provide the tools for Musk team to do their own analysis. When twitter did they throttled it to make it useless.

This merger/purchase is obviously the work of an erratic and eccentric Musk. But if the spam accounts exceed 5% and it's shown that this was easily identified there are real civil and criminal problems for twitter execs. Now that its in court both sides are going to have to defend their position. If this data was falsified the stock will crash, executives heads will roll and the SEC is going to start throwing haymakers. If it's much ado about nothing they will get the break up fee from Musk, I think it's a billion and a better deal for Musk than buying Twitter for the purchase price.

My guess is absent some pretty nefarious under reporting or real numbers, which I doubt....There's a renegotiation and Musk offers to buy at a discount. Will the shareholders agree? Doubtful initially but probably if the offer is good long term..

If there was some willful underreporting or spam accounts Twitter will probably go for the option of a long multi year legal battle in order to get their house in order before the SEC comes knocking.

I don't see how twitter survives. There's nothing in this that is good news for their revenue base...ad buyers. They will flee. They already all know the twitter ad reach is dogshit and this gives them the excuse to bail.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
If you read the letter from his representation, twitter agreed to provide the tools for Musk team to do their own analysis. When twitter did they throttled it to make it useless.

This merger/purchase is obviously the work of an erratic and eccentric Musk. But if the spam accounts exceed 5% and it's shown that this was easily identified there are real civil and criminal problems for twitter execs. Now that its in court both sides are going to have to defend their position. If this data was falsified the stock will crash, executives heads will roll and the SEC is going to start throwing haymakers. If it's much ado about nothing they will get the break up fee from Musk, I think it's a billion and a better deal for Musk than buying Twitter for the purchase price.

My guess is absent some pretty nefarious under reporting or real numbers, which I doubt....There's a renegotiation and Musk offers to buy at a discount. Will the shareholders agree? Doubtful initially but probably if the offer is good long term..

If there was some willful underreporting or spam accounts Twitter will probably go for the option of a long multi year legal battle in order to get their house in order before the SEC comes knocking.

I don't see how twitter survives. There's nothing in this that is good news for their revenue base...ad buyers. They will flee. They already all know the twitter ad reach is dogshit and this gives them the excuse to bail.
everything is going to be ok. Take deep breaths.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
So we really think Elon wanted to buy twitter and that this wasn't all a show to justify his sale of Tesla shares prior to the stock dumping to all his fanboys?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I really thought it was a good way to share photos with friends and family without politics. Some pushed their stupid agendas and I blocked them and I could do my brainless browsing of surf, skate, fishing, chicks and thought it was great. Now I watch videos of people doing hair, dead lifting, reacting to a meal. wtf
insta died imo when they started showing stuff you dont subscribe to because its similar to stuff you do subscribe to. if i cant properly edit my feed then it worthless.

also stories took over the platform - no one i want to follow makes actual posts anymore and the stories are all disposable. dont get me started on the sharing. every surf feed posts the exact same clip over and over. why?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Honestly, Twitter is the only good social media platform. You can actually curate a feed of whatever content you want to see. Most choose incendiary political bullshit, but that's on them.