Guns!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It doesn't depend, nobody needs guns.
Doesn’t matter. Need isn’t a prerequisite.

I keep asking gun turds how they imagine these fantasy scenarios where they use guns for self defense. Like, somebody points the gun at you and asks you to give them your shitty wallet with $40 in it and you pull your gun out and pew pew pew shoot them dead?
Is that how it's supposed to work?
I have no such scenario in my head that ends with me shooting someone.

And no I haven't been sleeping, striking the NYC gun law is the dumbest thing that could possibly happen. I mean, what could possibly go wrong when people start carrying guns in courtrooms, schools, baseball games and bars?
You realize that this ruling has no affect on carry restrictions at courtrooms, etc.?

Maybe you didn’t realize that.

Our holding decides nothing about who may lawfully possess a firearm or the requirements that must be met to buy a gun. Nor does it decide anything about the kinds of weapons that people may possess. Nor have we disturbed anything that we said in Heller or McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U. S. 742 (2010), about re- strictions that may be imposed on the possession or carry- ing of guns.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
HERES YOUR GOOD GUY WITH A GUN

French and his parents, Russell and Paola French, were shopping at the Costco store when the 32-year-old struck or shoved Sanchez from behind without warning while they were waiting at a sausage sample table, authorities said.

Sanchez, who was holding his toddler son in his arms, was knocked to the ground. He took out his gun and fired several times, killing French and injuring his parents.

French's parents said their son had been diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Sanchez was fired from the LAPD last year after the city's civilian Board of Police Commissioners determined that French's conduct did not present an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury - meaning that the use of lethal force was not "objectively reasonable."

The Riverside County district attorney declined to charge Sanchez criminally when a grand jury didn't indict him. However, the state attorney general charged him with voluntary manslaughter and assault with a semiautomatic firearm.

He is awaiting trial.
There is no law anywhere in this country, proposed or in effect, that would restrict a police officer from carrying a gun off duty.

The strictest gun laws never had the intent of disarming police. Duh.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Doesn’t matter. Need isn’t a prerequisite.

I have no such scenario in my head that ends with me shooting someone.

You realize that this ruling has no affect on carry restrictions at courtrooms, etc.?

Maybe you didn’t realize that.

Good, I'm glad we agree that gun culture insanity is just a cosplay hobby and not a right.

Nobody needs a gun.
Turds want guns because they're cool.
It's about posturing, not about needing.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Open carry everywhere, but if you brandish one at somebody, minimum 10 years, no parole. Use one in a crime, minimum 25 to life.
I’m not a fan of open carry. The sight of guns makes a lot of people uncomfortable and knowingly making people uncomfortable with a potentially deadly weapon on your hip is just rude.

That being said, states can get around the issue of “shall issue” concealed carry by outlawing concealed carry all together and allowing open carry with no special permitting to do so.

Reactions: hammies

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’m not a fan of open carry. The sight of guns makes a lot of people uncomfortable and knowingly making people uncomfortable with a potentially deadly weapon on your hip is just rude.

That being said, states can get around the issue of “shall issue” concealed carry by outlawing concealed carry all together and allowing open carry with no special permitting to do so.
Not a fan?

taking other peoples discomfort into account?

rudeness matters?

you’re all about unrestricted guns being a human right, and that feelings don’t matter?
Until suddenly what you’re a fan of, concern for others comfort levels, and rudeness matters to you?

wtf man?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I'm going to start going to Christian churches wearing a bandolier and tell people I'm there to protect them, whether they like it or not

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Personally I'd prefer concealed carry over open carry any day of the week. I've had friends and family in law enforcement since I was a child so I've always been used to seeing relatives carry while off duty. Been plenty of times I've seen people carrying in public. Doesn't bother me.