Guns!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
where is body armor illegal? I thought it was legal to own.

devil's advocate: I could see a case being made to criminalize it as it could be used in furtherance of a crime....

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
where is body armor illegal? I thought it was legal to own.

devil's advocate: I could see a case being made to criminalize it as it could be used in furtherance of a crime....
I was replying to the posted video from Australia where it is, according to the cop, illegal.

California is considering a ban…

As for “could be used in furtherance of a crime” so could just about anything.

Ban cars because people use them for drive by shootings. Ban flash lights because burglars use them when picking locks at night. Ban zip ties because they can used as restraints.

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I was replying to the posted video from Australia where it is, according to the cop, illegal.

Ban cars because people use them for drive by shootings. Ban flash lights because burglars use them when picking locks at night. Ban zip ties because they can used as restraints.
Ban MMA cause it leads to homosexual encounters! :dancing:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

you're being extremely disingenuous, DUFFMAN

I know you know I know you know what I meant

austard

Michael Peterson status
Nov 12, 2009
State of Grace
But why is body armor illegal? It’s not a weapon. Body armor is 100% defensive equipment.

Thats like banning steel toe shoes because they protect your feet. But steel toe shoes are perfectly legal even though they work much better as a weapon than body armor.
not totally illegal, you just need a permit. Not sure about ballistic helmets, may be a federal ban.