Guns!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Not a fan?

taking other peoples discomfort into account?

rudeness matters?

you’re all about unrestricted guns being a human right, and that feelings don’t matter?
Until suddenly what you’re a fan of, concern for others comfort levels, and rudeness matters to you?

wtf man?
I also think I should be allowed to say n!gger but calling somebody one isn’t something that I want to do.

Here’s the thing, just because I believe something is a fundamental human right doesn’t mean that I believe everyone should be forced to exercise that right nor do I think that everyone has to accept and celebrate my own exercise of that right.

There is no reason for me to openly carry a firearm when I go to Starbucks in coastal California to get a coffee. Knowing that doing so will make some of the people in Starbucks uncomfortable is something I take into consideration. It’s inappropriate in that setting. If I’m at the gun range or in grizzly bear country or at a Starbucks in rural Texas then walking around with a pistol in a holster is not out of place.

Since you guys are so fond of the gun/penis meme I’ll put it this way…

…I have every right to walk into a gas station wear a strap-on dildo but I don’t do that because it would make people uncomfortable. I would however wear the strap-on at a gay bar in Berlin.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
In open carry states, can businesses kick you out for carrying?
I don’t know the rules in every state but generally businesses are free to disallow firearms inside their premises.

Last time I was in Nevada I remember seeing signs on some establishments‘ doors saying that firearms were not allowed.

As a side note, 2 weeks after the Las Vegas shooting my family and I went to a Cake concert in Arizona. I remember when we entered the area there was zero security checks. I mean nothing. Show your ticket and walk right in. I thought it was bizarre in light of the very recent shooting at the concert in Vegas.

Anyway, about 30 minutes into the show I notice the guy sitting in front of me had a pistol holstered inside his waistband. His shirt was covering it and I saw the gun when he raised his arms.

After seeing that, like a flower in the desert I began to notice that several people around me were packing. I could see the imprinting or a way of standing, etc. that tipped me off.

There were a lot of people in the audience carrying guns.

That’s why there was no security. The attendees were the security.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
It doesn't depend, nobody needs guns.
Unless you're affraid of other good guys with guns and think that more guns is the solution.

I keep asking gun turds how they imagine these fantasy scenarios where they use guns for self defense. Like, somebody points the gun at you and asks you to give them your shitty wallet with $40 in it and you pull your gun out and pew pew pew shoot them dead?
Is that how it's supposed to work?

And no I haven't been sleeping, striking the NYC gun law is the dumbest thing that could possibly happen. I mean, what could possibly go wrong when people start carrying guns in courtrooms, schools, baseball games and bars?
I need a gun.

rabbit, pheasant, turkey & deer.

personally been pretty pumped for a 20g when a mako thought for dead awoke pulling it through the tuna door.

good grief, it’s not dumb.

Reactions: Ifallalot

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I need a gun.

personally been pretty pumped for a 20g when a mako thought for dead awoke pulling it through the tuna door.

You need to defend yourself from a pheasant?

Nobody is talking about hunting.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I don’t know the rules in every state but generally businesses are free to disallow firearms inside their premises.

Last time I was in Nevada I remember seeing signs on some establishments‘ doors saying that firearms were not allowed.

As a side note, 2 weeks after the Las Vegas shooting my family and I went to a Cake concert in Arizona. I remember when we entered the area there was zero security checks. I mean nothing. Show your ticket and walk right in. I thought it was bizarre in light of the very recent shooting at the concert in Vegas.

Anyway, about 30 minutes into the show I notice the guy sitting in front of me had a pistol holstered inside his waistband. His shirt was covering it and I saw the gun when he raised his arms.

After seeing that, like a flower in the desert I began to notice that several people around me were packing. I could see the imprinting or a way of standing, etc. that tipped me off.

There were a lot of people in the audience carrying guns.

That’s why there was no security. The attendees were the security.
There's a slight north breeze and I can smell how full of sh!t you are from here

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
You need to defend yourself from a pheasant?

Nobody is talking about hunting.
I get the context.

you’re logic is flawed.

how do you distinguish the use of a 18” 20g?

the same gun could be used on a mako or home defense.

good luck yodeling.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I need a gun.

I get the context.

you’re logic is flawed.

how do you distinguish the use of a 18” 20g?

the same gun could be used on a mako or home defense.

good luck yodeling.
How many Makos you tangle with on the Delaware river?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I’m not a fan of open carry. The sight of guns makes a lot of people uncomfortable and knowingly making people uncomfortable with a potentially deadly weapon on your hip is just rude.

That being said, states can get around the issue of “shall issue” concealed carry by outlawing concealed carry all together and allowing open carry with no special permitting to do so.
Living in an open carry state, it’s painful obvious those that do open carry are either douchebags or nerds

Reactions: plasticbertrand

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Living in an open carry state, it’s painful obvious those that do open carry are either douchebags or nerds
In Santa Barbara in the late 80s/early 90s, open carry hicks from San Luis Obispo would come down to party in Isla Vista, guns in holsters. From the looks on their faces and general attitudes, they seemed to be looking for trouble. I never saw any actual trouble with them but they certainly killed the vibe at the party if it wasn't a friend's house. So stupid.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
these days shooters ruin the party.
used to be bikers.
we've progressed.

i remember once doing concession sales at Raceway park in Englishtown NJ
and having the stand attacked/destroyed/looted. i survived by hiding inside
a chain link (fence) roll. the savages were on top of it (AND ME!) but couldn't
get to me...:nana: