Go to Los Angeles and you will die…

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I gave you a stack of referential material...and you walked away from it.
Ok GromsDad, thanks for the homework assignment. It's not my job to sift through a google list of links for a quote that you say exists. I looked through several articles and saw nothing that mentioned that. There was no mention in the first link. 2nd was NYPost, so hard pass because we most of us can agree that its biased hot garbage. The 3rd link and this was the closest thing to your take: "He said he drove away, and without any power steering in his pickup, he said he crashed and was unable to get away."

If this quote exists, that's on you to find it, not me.

portland goes beyond anti-police-brutality....my take is that it is two sides, generally opposed, fighting a common enemy - the government.
I agree, so maybe they should stop using BLM or racial justice as a moral license?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
literally the first fkn search result...

PORTLAND, Ore. — Three months after he was seen on video kicking a man in the head unconscious and seriously injuring him at a downtown Portland riot, 26-year-old Marquise Love was sentenced to 20 months in prison. Love pleaded guilty on Monday to assault in the third degree and felony riot against Adam Haner.

Viral video made the rounds on social media in mid August showing Haner being surrounded by a volatile crowd, knocked to the ground where he was punched, kicked and bloodied before being knocked unconscious with Love’s violent kick.

The assault happened on the night of August 16th after Haner crashed his truck near a demonstration at Southwest Taylor and Broadway in downtown Portland. The situation reportedly escalated when he came to the aid of a transgender woman who had some of her belongings stolen. The crowd is also seen roughing up a female with the victim.

CALL ME GROMSDAD AGAIN....

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
literally the first fkn search result...

PORTLAND, Ore. — Three months after he was seen on video kicking a man in the head unconscious and seriously injuring him at a downtown Portland riot, 26-year-old Marquise Love was sentenced to 20 months in prison. Love pleaded guilty on Monday to assault in the third degree and felony riot against Adam Haner.

Viral video made the rounds on social media in mid August showing Haner being surrounded by a volatile crowd, knocked to the ground where he was punched, kicked and bloodied before being knocked unconscious with Love’s violent kick.

The assault happened on the night of August 16th after Haner crashed his truck near a demonstration at Southwest Taylor and Broadway in downtown Portland. The situation reportedly escalated when he came to the aid of a transgender woman who had some of her belongings stolen. The crowd is also seen roughing up a female with the victim.

CALL ME GROMSDAD AGAIN....
All it says was that he crashed near a demonstration. I'm still not seeing where it says that he tried to use his vehicle to break up a crowd. Nowhere does it say that the crash was intentional, in fact I quoted him saying that he accidentally lost control from the one of the links that you indirectly sent me to.

Did you forget to log in as PlasticBertrand :unsure: Holy fook dude, I hope you're ok.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Ok GromsDad, thanks for the homework assignment. It's not my job to sift through a google list of links for a quote that you say exists. I looked through several articles and saw nothing that mentioned that. There was no mention in the first link. 2nd was NYPost, so hard pass because we most of us can agree that its biased hot garbage. The 3rd link and this was the closest thing to your take: "He said he drove away, and without any power steering in his pickup, he said he crashed and was unable to get away."

If this quote exists, that's on you to find it, not me.

I agree, so maybe they should stop using BLM or racial justice as a moral license?
He's literally spoon feeding you facts and you are strutting around like you won the argument because you refuse to read it. Holy hell.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
He's literally spoon feeding you facts
Posting a google list of links and saying "it's in there, go look for it" is not spoon feeding, it's lazy. It's not my job to sift through a bunch of links to look for a statement that doesn't even seem to exist to validate YOUR argument.

and you are strutting around like you won the argument because you refuse to read it. Holy hell.
Nowhere does it say that the crash was intentional or that he was aiming for anyone.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Who is "they" here, and why do you seem to want to attribute the behaviors of this "they"
In the aftermath after the fed visit, there was lots of complaining from that ilk about the feds crashing their racial justice protests. Heard some public radio segments about it.

to anyone who doesn't think police should be able to kneel on the neck of subdued suspects?
LOL, you default to the most egregious example of police misconduct, as if it is somehow typical, and call me lazy :ROFLMAO:

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
LOL, you default to the most egregious example of police misconduct, as if it is somehow typical, and call me lazy :ROFLMAO:
The most egregious example is literally what sparked the nationwide protests.

And yet you still fall back on "St Floyd" bullshit. Come on.

Why do you insist on focusing on bad actors when there were far more good ones?

Reactions: afoaf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The most egregious example is literally what sparked the nationwide protests.
And that was used to justify 100+ days of protesting, when in reality most of that was either assholes using the chaos as cover and/or anti-government protests, which I am in agreement with Afoaf about.

Why do you insist on focusing on bad actors when there were far more good ones?
Isn't that exactly what is happening with the demonization of all police officers?

Reactions: afoaf

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It's not my job to sift through a bunch of links to look for a statement that doesn't even seem to exist to validate YOUR argument.
That's literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on erBB.

It was your job to construct a stupid argument but it's not your job to read the facts that somebody kindly provided for you because they would indeed prove that your argument is dumb.

Just like "if people don't get tested, we won't have COVID infections"

If you refuse to read the evidence, you will never be wrong. Genius.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
And that was used to justify 100+ days of protesting, when in reality most of that was either assholes using the chaos as cover and/or anti-government protests, which I am in agreement with Afoaf about.
Most? Really? Come on.

Isn't that exactly what is happening with the demonization of all police officers?
What reasonable person is demonizing all police offers other than to say that if police don't call out the bad actors in their midst (and it's clear there are bad actors virtually everywhere) then they are part of the problem?

I think your emotions are taking over on this one to an almost ifallalot degree.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on erBB.

It was your job to construct a stupid argument but it's not your job to read the facts that somebody kindly provided for you because they would indeed prove that your argument is dumb.
OK . . .. So next time we are in a disagreement, I can simply send a list of links based on a few key word searches on google, and say that you are wrong and lazy if you refuse to look for the answer :unsure: :roflmao: What planet are you from?

Also- I read through 2 of the first 3 links (not #2, since it was NY Post) and there was no mention of the accident being intentional. I'd say that counts as me acting in good faith and taking the time to humor AFOAFs argument, which was not corroborated in those articles.

If you refuse to read the evidence, you will never be wrong. Genius.
If you want me to read the evidence, then provide an actual source link and direct quote like what you would expect in an academic setting. Posting a list of google links is not evidence, holy sh!t :foreheadslap: :ROFLMAO: That is basicallty what GromsDad does all the time when he says some crap that isn't true and tells you to find evidence that he's wrong (instead of him presenting evidence that he's correct), and I'm pretty sure I've seen you (or at least Hal or Afoaf) call him out for it.

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Most? Really? Come on.
Most what?

What reasonable person is demonizing all police offers other than to say that if police don't call out the bad actors in their midst (and it's clear there are bad actors virtually everywhere) then they are part of the problem?
My issue isn't with reasonable people. There is however a vocal minority that uses examples like to make an argument that stuff like this is typical, when in reality it is a miniscule fraction of police encounters. It's the idiots that seem to run the public discourse asylum. Nobody rises to the top of media for being the voice of reason and balance nowadays.

Reactions: hammies

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
OK . . .. So next time we are in a disagreement, I can simply send a list of links based on a few key word searches on google, and say that you are wrong and lazy if you refuse to look for the answer :unsure: :roflmao: What planet are you from?

Also- I read through 2 of the first 3 links (not #2, since it was NY Post) and there was no mention of the accident being intentional. I'd say that counts as me acting in good faith and taking the time to humor AFOAFs argument, which was not corroborated in those articles.

If you want me to read the evidence, then provide an actual source link and direct quote like we what you expect in an academic setting. Posting a list of google links is not evidence, holy sh!t :foreheadslap: :ROFLMAO: That is basicallty what GromsDad does all the time when he says some crap that isn't true and tells you to find evidence that he's wrong (instead of him presenting evidence that he's correct), and I'm pretty sure I've seen you (or at least Hal or Afoaf) call him out for it.
It's you who are lazy for not googling it yourself before saying something stupid.

Zero fact checking.

It's a disease amongst your ilk.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Including DC cops? Including Canadian cops?

Weird.

Reactions: sirfun

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
It's you who are lazy for not googling it yourself before saying something stupid.
Again- posting a list of links that may contain a single sentence is lazy, and it's absurd to expect the person on the other end of the argument to take the time to do so when you won't even do it yourself.

Zero fact checking.
Wrong again! I read two of them and several others on my own and there was no mention. Fail.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
To keep this LA related, George Soros is to blame for LA homelessness and is intentionally promoting it. There is even proof of him admitting this, you can find it in one of these links: https://www.google.com/search?q=goerge+soro+los+angeles+homeless&ei=iY4WYo66BM2-kPIPmum0qA4&ved=0ahUKEwjOoqyDy5b2AhVNH0QIHZo0DeUQ4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=goerge+soro+los+angeles+homeless&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BggAEBYQHjoECAAQDToICAAQCBANEB46BwghEAoQoAE6BQghEKsCSgQIQRgASgQIRhgAUABY5SNguSVoAnAAeACAAZkBiAHzFpIBBDIuMjCYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz

If you don't read through at least all of the links on the first page to find the link where he admits this, then you are wrong and intellectually lazy and I am right!!!

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Most what?
Most of the protesting.

My issue isn't with reasonable people. There is however a vocal minority that uses examples like to make an argument that stuff like this is typical, when in reality it is a miniscule fraction of police encounters. It's the idiots that seem to run the public discourse asylum. Nobody rises to the top of media for being the voice of reason and balance nowadays.
You clearly pollute your mind with a lot more mainstream news/commentary than I do... perhaps that's the problem. I'm puzzled though - why is your reaction to idiots to double down on equally idiotic rhetoric from the opposite angle (ie "St Floyd" sanctimonious BS.)

There was so much DOCUMENTED bad police behavior during the protests that summer. Why do you want to minimize that by pointing out that police don't usually murder suspects in custody?

Reactions: plasticbertrand