Leash strings

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
I think we got some market manipulation going on here, price of leash strings is up 25% since this thread started.

I've often wondered why there isn't a velcro like leash string, similar to the rail saver, would seem easier to adjust, but if it ain't broken....and my very first leash was a bungie cord, can't remember how it attached to the hole in the fin which was the leash connection point, was probably fishing line.

Leash string wet dream, you know you want it!
1637662369732.png

From the Surf Survival book, which every time I read make surfing sound like a dangerous proposition, they should give it out at so called surf schools to scare newbies off:
-and I put the rail saver through both loops vs. just one, color coordinated fer sur

1637660924346.jpeg

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I've been pretty impressed with this Ocean & Earth leash. Only weird thing is that it has a built in leash cord. It's been holding up well, but what are the erb's thoughts on that kind of shenanigans?

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
think it's been discussed earlier in the thread.
What % do you estimate that fancy integrated string improves you're surfing? lol
None at all, but I wonder if it's as strong as the regular detached string? The stupid plastic thread needle wears out after a few pokes, but the leash quality is legit.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I think we got some market manipulation going on here, price of leash strings is up 25% since this thread started.

I've often wondered why there isn't a velcro like leash string, similar to the rail saver, would seem easier to adjust, but if it ain't broken....and my very first leash was a bungie cord, can't remember how it attached to the hole in the fin which was the leash connection point, was probably fishing line.

Leash string wet dream, you know you want it!
View attachment 119690

From the Surf Survival book, which every time I read make surfing sound like a dangerous proposition, they should give it out at so called surf schools to scare newbies off:
-and I put the rail saver through both loops vs. just one, color coordinated fer sur

View attachment 119689
I do number 3 and thread the unknotted side through and rest the knot on the metal bar, seems to work good and a heck of a lot easier to take out

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Happy to know 4 weeks in on custom bord and already found matching leash string at Miner's and still have many feet left:shrug: