Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I know it's very unlikely... but check that volume gap between 32k and 12k. that support better hold :drowning:

View attachment 122956
Yah, I think everyone holding their breath that 28.8 will hold, and yet half the market like me wants to see it nose dive just so we can scoop super cheap, yet again.

Below 28.8, almost no support all the way down to 18k and then 12k zones. Right now this is like the 3rd act of a really good movie. I need more popcorn.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
SOL better long HODL than ALGO?
Not if it keeps crashing several times a year. :ban:

Read something about ALGO's taxes algorithm becoming too expensive in the long run... but I'm sure these guys will tackle it when it gets there.

I have both. But I'm not DCAing anymore until I see a positive trend.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
The one alt I'm really bullish on (still not buying until trend changes don't care how cheap it gets) is HBAR... the one shady aspect of it was destroyed last week when they decided to go Open Source. I think that HODL can really pay off eventually, their tech is pretty impressive.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
By textbook definition, the H&S already played out, on the daily chart (green). We broke the neckline yesterday.

View attachment 122951

But looking at the Weekly chart, much larger H&S might be playing out. I don't think it will play out with this pattern, but perhaps something to keep mind.

As always, anything is possible in this crazy world we're living in and macro factors should be considered, since crypto has not yet proven itself to be a hedge against any other market.

View attachment 122952
Heh. Didn’t notice it on the daily and was thinking about it on the weekly.

my clueless guess is it plays out and then goes down to next lower level of support.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Not if it keeps crashing several times a year. :ban:

Read something about ALGO's taxes algorithm becoming too expensive in the long run... but I'm sure these guys will tackle it when it gets there.

I have both. But I'm not DCAing anymore until I see a positive trend.
Solana "crashes" because it doesn't have a mempool.

On other chains, you sign your transaction and it goes off into a pool, then miners pull transactions from the pool according to the gas they're going to get paid and broadcast them to the blockchain. This has a couple huge side effects: for one, miners can see what transactions are going in the mempool and frontrun them; more importantly, if the network gets a large allotment of transactions, the price of gas skyrockets erratically. That's why Ethereum is basically unusable unless you're throwing massive stacks around; the price of gas is unpredictable and if your transaction isn't picked up it will not only sit there without going through, but block subsequent transactions from happening while it waits. The same problem exists across all EVM chains, except that the others are cheap enough that the gas fluctuation isn't really an issue at the moment. Polygon had to raise its minimum gas price from 1 gwei (in MATIC) to 30 to deal with congestion issues (and still has RPC outages more than any other network I use, not to mention gas price spikes).

Because Solana doesn't have a mempool for your transaction to sit around in, when the network gets spammed by tons of bots flinging millions of transactions around at once, transactions that don't get picked up just fail. They don't cost anything, they won't go through later, they just fail. And you know whether they do or don't within seconds. So there's the pro or con: if you want to sign a transaction and leave but don't care when it goes through, congested Solana is a nightmare. If you want predictability of transaction cost and not to pay for failed transactions, Solana's failpoint is better than EVM chain failpoints.

Solana's devs are currently looking at several solutions to the problem, including per-account sliding scale fees, penalized failed txns, and a mempool-like gas market.

ADA, meanwhile, launched its first DEX dapp SundaeSwap the other day and the network doesn't work at all. Nobody got through trying to swap coins.

No blockchain is perfect functionally. Oasis (ROSE) so far has been lightening fast, but doesn't have enough development on it to stress-test. I think Terra (LUNA) has been completely solid but isn't quite as fast. Tezos works but is clunky and slow. EVM has its own issues as described above. The other chains have all caused me much more grief in times of congestion than Solana, even through the crashes.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
So, was it stupid to buy algo all the way down this last little dump down below a buck? I have to think it will have a solid bounce and hopefully a long and worthwhile future. I know I’ve heard it referred to as one that’s actually worth owning for years even

FTR I’m talking under a grand, I got way too many bills to pay to do more than minor bets.

Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

On other chains, you sign your transaction and it goes off into a pool, then miners pull transactions from the pool according to the gas they're going to get paid and broadcast them to the blockchain. This has a couple huge side effects: for one, miners can see what transactions are going in the mempool and frontrun them; more importantly, if the network gets a large allotment of transactions, the price of gas skyrockets erratically. That's why Ethereum is basically unusable unless you're throwing massive stacks around; the price of gas is unpredictable and if your transaction isn't picked up it will not only sit there without going through, but block subsequent transactions from happening while it waits. The same problem exists across all EVM chains, except that the others are cheap enough that the gas fluctuation isn't really an issue at the moment. Polygon had to raise its minimum gas price from 1 gwei (in MATIC) to 30 to deal with congestion issues (and still has RPC outages more than any other network I use, not to mention gas price spikes).

Because Solana doesn't have a mempool for your transaction to sit around in, when the network gets spammed by tons of bots flinging millions of transactions around at once, transactions that don't get picked up just fail. They don't cost anything, they won't go through later, they just fail. And you know whether they do or don't within seconds. So there's the pro or con: if you want to sign a transaction and leave but don't care when it goes through, congested Solana is a nightmare. If you want predictability of transaction cost and not to pay for failed transactions, Solana's failpoint is better than EVM chain failpoints.

Solana's devs are currently looking at several solutions to the problem, including per-account sliding scale fees, penalized failed txns, and a mempool-like gas market.

ADA, meanwhile, launched its first DEX dapp SundaeSwap the other day and the network doesn't work at all. Nobody got through trying to swap coins.

No blockchain is perfect functionally. Oasis (ROSE) so far has been lightening fast, but doesn't have enough development on it to stress-test. I think Terra (LUNA) has been completely solid but isn't quite as fast. Tezos works but is clunky and slow. EVM has its own issues as described above. The other chains have all caused me much more grief in times of congestion than Solana, even through the crashes.
Enlightening.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
SOL is too shady IMO, it was pumped to the gills and dumped on plebs by those dirty VC and hedge funds. To add to the fact the marketing TPS is highly inflated while never operating at 65k, sub 5000k every time I've checked while the finality takes longer than other chains https://solanabeach.io/

SOL is still in beta, bound to have problems until they're further developed, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole even at $100

ADA is trash and basically a meme coin at this point

More bullish on AVAX and LUNA than any of the other top Mcap coins

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
r32 were you looking at the makerdao 7 siblings saga?

tldr some dude "7 siblings" (maybe 7 dudes?) had $600mm in collateralized maker dao vaults that were on the cusp of liquidation if ETH fell below 2500 and he wasn't paying attention

he managed to jump in and save most of it but the spike down right under 2500 was $65m of his stake getting auctioned

dropped the price to 2250 briefly
I missed that. Imagine having so much money you can mismanage it whenever you feel like. Got a link to more info?

AVAX and LUNA priced nearly the same. :unsure:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
So, was it stupid to buy algo all the way down this last little dump down below a buck? I have to think it will have a solid bounce and hopefully a long and worthwhile future. I know I’ve heard it referred to as one that’s actually worth owning for years even

FTR I’m talking under a grand, I got way too many bills to pay to do more than minor bets.
still buying algo dips myself. have come to terms that it will probably never moon, but feel confident it will be double or triple by the end of 2022 and is well worth the hodl. these articles pop up every month or so which helps the hodl. in the meantime, staking it in Yieldly for a daily pittance that is oddly satisfying.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
still buying algo dips myself. have come to terms that it will probably never moon, but feel confident it will be double or triple by the end of 2022 and is well worth the hodl. these articles pop up every month or so which helps the hodl. in the meantime, staking it in Yieldly for a daily pittance that is oddly satisfying.

not taking financial advice from a website name that pokes fun at readers :shameonyou:

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Agreed on this.

AVAX functioning perfectly the last few days. Seems like the clear EVM challenger to ETH with the most developed dapp ecosystem. Maybe FTM and Aurora/NEAR enter that convo in upcoming months.

LUNA I haven't used, but it's going to enjoy the halo effects of its association with ATOM and the IBC + the stable coin defi stack narrative.

SOL was a nightmare to use these past few days while whoever was DDOS'ing to force liquidations. That combined with VC scam tokenomics across all its protocols... not feeling warm and fuzzy.

None of the three are going anywhere though.

AVAX and LUNA priced nearly the same. :unsure:
???

AVAX is like 60% of LUNA's market cap.

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
I really want Tether to shake out so I can go long on Crypto... tether/exchange relationships are just too sketchy

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Agreed on this.

AVAX functioning perfectly the last few days. Seems like the clear EVM challenger to ETH with the most developed dapp ecosystem. Maybe FTM and Aurora/NEAR enter that convo in upcoming months.

LUNA I haven't used, but it's going to enjoy the halo effects of its association with ATOM and the IBC + the stable coin defi stack narrative.

SOL was a nightmare to use these past few days while whoever was DDOS'ing to force liquidations. That combined with VC scam tokenomics across all its protocols... not feeling warm and fuzzy.

None of the three are going anywhere though.

???

AVAX is like 60% of LUNA's market cap.
Where are you using these thing? I didn’t realize they were real.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
will you take financial advice from a website that has recorded a 498% return on it's investment recommendations since inception?
a 6x?

over what time frame and by how much did it outperform the market?

where is the portfolio tracker and how accurate is it?

strong claims but I'm not buying it until there's some hard evidence