Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Agreed on this.

AVAX functioning perfectly the last few days. Seems like the clear EVM challenger to ETH with the most developed dapp ecosystem. Maybe FTM and Aurora/NEAR enter that convo in upcoming months.

LUNA I haven't used, but it's going to enjoy the halo effects of its association with ATOM and the IBC + the stable coin defi stack narrative.

SOL was a nightmare to use these past few days while whoever was DDOS'ing to force liquidations. That combined with VC scam tokenomics across all its protocols... not feeling warm and fuzzy.

None of the three are going anywhere though.

???

AVAX is like 60% of LUNA's market cap.
1. Protocol development is key metric #1, but non-L1 dapp tokens are mostly garbage regardless of chain. Buy them or get them airdropped, dump them in the initial excitement. DeFi tokens with quantifiable real revenues may be the exception.

2. EVM chains all have the same problems built in: gas uncertainty and the ability for rugpulls/exploits amplified by flash loans.

3. LUNA's rise isn't because it's associated with ATOM. LUNA has a much better following than ATOM does. LUNA's rise is because of UST's spread in DeFi use.

4. SOL's finality is a fraction of most other chains, Lifeonmars, I don't know what you're talking about. I know ETH/EVM maximalists love to FUD on SOL like BTC maxxies used to FUD on ETH, but again, in my experience of daily use of all these chains for months to years, SOL is head and shoulders above the rest, with LUNA second - even with the network problems. We'll see if ROSE can get any real development or work at scale, because the transactions I sent through that were shockingly instant.

Reactions: bird.LA and brukuns

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
a 6x?

over what time frame and by how much did it outperform the market?

where is the portfolio tracker and how accurate is it?

strong claims but I'm not buying it until there's some hard evidence
you can do your own homework

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
all I see is a squiggly hill shaped blue line above a flatter grey line

20 years?

this is no portfolio tracker with specific picks and allocations to be made

how many stocks do they suggest over the year and which ones do they decide to leave out of their calculation?

is this what you're talking about?

these guys must be the best investors on the planet then, right next to Nancy Pelosi

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 3.48.08 PM.png

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
all I see is a squiggly hill shaped blue line above a flatter grey line

20 years?

this is no portfolio tracker with specific picks and allocations to be made

how many stocks do they suggest over the year and which ones do they decide to leave out of their calculation?

is this what you're talking about?

these guys must be the best investors on the planet then, right next to Nancy Pelosi

View attachment 123002
the returns are verified, the track record is transparent - that's about all the effort your questions are worth to me. but here's a guy who tracked and published his Fool experience. go play with him.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
4. SOL's finality is a fraction of most other chains, Lifeonmars, I don't know what you're talking about. I know ETH/EVM maximalists love to FUD on SOL like BTC maxxies used to FUD on ETH, but again, in my experience of daily use of all these chains for months to years, SOL is head and shoulders above the rest, with LUNA second - even with the network problems. We'll see if ROSE can get any real development or work at scale, because the transactions I sent through that were shockingly instant.
It's still quick but I'm not buying the hype

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Provenance.

Think of it like the deed to a piece of property.
something like that but it's a piece of property for which there is otherwise absolutely no demand, at the moment.

but i had a thought about a potential NFT of value: if a well-known band/artist created a studio cut of a new song, and then minted the original mp3 of the studio master as an NFT...would that have value to serious fans? knowing they had the original verifiable copy of the master? just wondering aloud:unsure:

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
something like that but it's a piece of property for which there is otherwise absolutely no demand, at the moment.

but i had a thought about a potential NFT of value: if a well-known band/artist created a studio cut of a new song, and then minted the original mp3 of the studio master as an NFT...would that have value to serious fans? knowing they had the original verifiable copy of the master? just wondering aloud:unsure:
If the band simultaniously recorded it analog to a 10” reel to reel tape at high speed (15ips) then used that master to make copies on a limited basis…those are and always have been $$$.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
1. Protocol development is key metric #1, but non-L1 dapp tokens are mostly garbage regardless of chain. Buy them or get them airdropped, dump them in the initial excitement. DeFi tokens with quantifiable real revenues may be the exception.
Agreed. dapp tokenomics are difficult to make work in a sustainable way for most protocols. SOL eco tokenomics are just particularly VC friendly on average. AVAX certainly not exempt from some criticism too.

Really the most interesting dapps are being built on ETH and its L2s IMO.

2. EVM chains all have the same problems built in: gas uncertainty and the ability for rugpulls/exploits amplified by flash loans.
Definitely not a perfect system.

3. LUNA's rise isn't because it's associated with ATOM. LUNA has a much better following than ATOM does. LUNA's rise is because of UST's spread in DeFi use.
Was not suggesting that was why it's a top tier network today. It's a legit L1.

ATOM/IBC narrative is going to be significant moving forward. Look at the recent relative strength in its eco's tokens, and the respect its getting from ETH people. When people make the connection that LUNA's the biggest IBC chain... I expect it outperforms.

From what I've seen they have a strong dapp ecosystem. Any you're keeping an eye on?

I appreciate that SOL is taking a different approach to the ETH gas fee problems. I think the criticism of its functionality over the course of this correction is fair. A lot of people got forced into liquidation and a few people likely made out bigly DDOSing the network. Will be interesting to see how it approaches that problem moving forward.

It holds a rightful place near the top of the market cap rankings, but it's upside is limited compared to some other L1s and upcoming defi narratives I think.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
I really want Tether to shake out so I can go long on Crypto... tether/exchange relationships are just too sketchy
Isn't there a lot of questions about how stable tether really is? Just going by what I have read - you can Google any number of articles like this one:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
ATOM/IBC narrative is going to be significant moving forward. Look at the recent relative strength in its eco's tokens, and the respect its getting from ETH people. When people make the connection that LUNA's the biggest IBC chain... I expect it outperforms.

From what I've seen they have a strong dapp ecosystem. Any you're keeping an eye on?
Just the ones I'm getting airdrops of for staking LUNA.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
How intewesting: "digital gold" seems to melt much easier than regular gold.
Nocoiners always come in to take jabs when the market is down. Have fun staying poor little man. Crypto is a high volatility asset class, if you can’t handle it then you should stay on the sidelines.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
How is it worth anything if anyone can get an identical piece of property for free???
Why is your monochrome Rauschenberg worth millions while the copy is worth nothing? They look the same - but one comes with a history along with a way to authenticate.

Why is your US issued $1 bill worth something while my exact copy is a valueless fraud?

You're limited in your thinking if you think of NFT's as pictures - the image actually has very little to do with an NFT - the token itself is the thing. It can be used to prove many things, not just that you own an image - even land. Trading digital art using an NFT to declare ownership is just one use case.