Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Funny you should say that because I have a 10g 24k gold bar which I'm all so tempted to sell to get more BTC.
I don't think that would be a wise idea.

1) the historic stable precedent of gold, the uses of gold, the physicality of gold (of course this is a disadvantage in large amounts)

2) cryptoregulations are coming and if things get bad enough a modernized repeat of the GRA act of 1934 is very likely in the cards

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
How intewesting: "digital gold" seems to melt much easier than regular gold.
It’ll bounce back. All it takes for a monetary vehicle to be valuable is enough people buying into it. That train left the station a long time ago. Crypto is not going anywhere.

You seem to poopoo crypto because of your own savings habits and risk aversion.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It’ll bounce back. All it takes for a monetary vehicle to be valuable is enough people buying into it. That train left the station a long time ago. Crypto is not going anywhere.

2017 gains and some of 2020/2021 really did feel like the investing equivalent of mommy buying me an e-bike to blow past caminada_mugrienta on the lowers trail.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

I'm not poopooing crypto.

I'm looking at the big picture.

Crypto isn't going anywhere.

Eventually the dust will settle and it will become much less speculative.

We're not close to there yet.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
cryptoregulations are coming and if things get bad enough a modernized repeat of the GRA act of 1934 is very likely in the cards
i think its more likely that cryptoregs are coming and those regs will be crafted such that the elite will be empowered to take their vampire squid game to the next level in the cryptoverse

i'll be looking to swim in their bloody wake and feed accordingly

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
i think its more likely that cryptoregulations are coming and those regs will be crafted so that the elite will be empowered to take their vampire squid game to the next level in the cryptoverse
It's the most likely eventual scenario.

There's zero chance they would let anyone else hold the keys to any monetary kingdom.

But if a currency crisis came sooner I wouldn't be surprised to see extraordinary actions taken against the crypto markets.

Reactions: crustBrother

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It's the most likely eventual scenario.

There's zero chance they would let anyone else hold the keys to any monetary kingdom.

But if a currency crisis came sooner I wouldn't be surprised to see extraordinary actions taken against the crypto markets.
I could see this, but I can also see the monetary crisis getting so bad people don't care about the laws. Just about everyone thinks inflation is much higher than reported. Rents are up 100% in many places. Food is way up. Gas is up. Sure, supply chain issues are the cause of some of this, but so is monetary and fiscal policy.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm not poopooing crypto.

I'm looking at the big picture.

Crypto isn't going anywhere.

Eventually the dust will settle and it will become much less speculative.

We're not close to there yet.
Yes I would agree. Wall St wants their piece of the action, and regulators will step in under the guise of preventing money laundering, tax evasion, illegal commerce, etc. All of which will tame the volatility to some degree, however I think we still have at least 5-10 years left of wild swings and potential gains to be had.

I also think it will be like to dot com boom where 80%+ tanked, but if you were in the other 15-20% you made a killing. Question is what that minority will be.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I'm getting liquid to jump in the deep end!
What's annoying for me is that as we crash, everyone rushes to the dollar which makes it more expensive for me sh!t oh sh!t.

I need to buy dollar pegged tokens in brazilian reais in order to buy BTC. I can actually buy straight in BRL, but it messes with my targets since all the previous BTC supports happened when there was a huge difference between BTL and USD if I follow the brazzo graph the prices are off. (like a 140.000BRL support is more like 160.000 support today)

onetravels

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 20, 2003
encinitas
I haven't traded much crypto but I do trade stocks. Fundamentally I think COIN is starting to look pretty interesting as a stock. I would think the recent volatility in crypto will be adding to their earnings. They have good revenue growth, great earnings growth and amazing profit margins. If I was trading on COIN their margins would maybe upset me. This company is making a ton of earnings off their trading. The stock has been following the price of crypto very closely. If they keep making money hand over fist I am thinking this could decouple and be a winner. Thoughts from the crypto experts here?

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I haven't traded much crypto but I do trade stocks. Fundamentally I think COIN is starting to look pretty interesting as a stock. I would think the recent volatility in crypto will be adding to their earnings. They have good revenue growth, great earnings growth and amazing profit margins. If I was trading on COIN their margins would maybe upset me. This company is making a ton of earnings off their trading. The stock has been following the price of crypto very closely. If they keep making money hand over fist I am thinking this could decouple and be a winner. Thoughts from the crypto experts here?
just buy the thing that coin makes money off of

Reactions: racer1