Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Listings are very difficult to catch for casual traders.

1. Need to be signed up on ALL exchanges. Gives you the most opportunity to catch the listing pumps. I watched an interview one time with the wealthiest crypto trader in the world. He said his quant firm uses 36 exchanges or something like that. Wild stuff.

2. Need to sub to a listing alert service, or set up your own alert system that monitors the exchange blogs and/or twitter feeds and/or API changes for newly listed coins. https://cryptocurrencyalerting.com/new-coin-listings.html https://coindera.com/ etc.

3. Need to ALWAYS have money on the sideline at each exchange, to give yourself a shot at catching the coin.

4. Only the biggest exchanges tend to have huge listing pumps. Binance, Coinbase, FTX, Kucoin, a couple South Korean exchanges, etc.

For example, often a coin will be announced by Coinbase but trading doesn't go live until the next day. And quite often the rando coin is only available on swaps or a few other exchanges. So I'll open the exchange where it's at and grab some immediately. It's a lot of work but I wouldn't doubt every major trading firm watches closely for newly listed coins.
you should start an ERBB telegram group or twitter, share your insider information with the plebs

do you use any bots to supplement the "manned" trades?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
as long as somebody greases up the clintons its a slam-dunk!

would somebody please sail the crypto gravy boat over that way?
Based on another subway post, sounds like y'all are anticipating about a 100x total crypto market cap pump over the next couple of years? Oy.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Based on another subway post, sounds like y'all are anticipating about a 100x total crypto market cap pump over the next couple of years? Oy.
Oh. I didn't see that other subway post. I would be happy with much less than 100x. I would also not be totally shocked if it all went to zero right alongside the dollar. I'm hoping to see ETH go 5x over the next few years, but I don't know sh!t about anything!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Listings are very difficult to catch for casual traders.

1. Need to be signed up on ALL exchanges. Gives you the most opportunity to catch the listing pumps. I watched an interview one time with the wealthiest crypto trader in the world. He said his quant firm uses 36 exchanges or something like that. Wild stuff.

2. Need to sub to a listing alert service, or set up your own alert system that monitors the exchange blogs and/or twitter feeds and/or API changes for newly listed coins. https://cryptocurrencyalerting.com/new-coin-listings.html https://coindera.com/ etc.

3. Need to ALWAYS have money on the sideline at each exchange, to give yourself a shot at catching the coin.

4. Only the biggest exchanges tend to have huge listing pumps. Binance, Coinbase, FTX, Kucoin, a couple South Korean exchanges, etc.

For example, often a coin will be announced by Coinbase but trading doesn't go live until the next day. And quite often the rando coin is only available on swaps or a few other exchanges. So I'll open the exchange where it's at and grab some immediately. It's a lot of work but I wouldn't doubt every major trading firm watches closely for newly listed coins.

that sounds super effective and makes a lot of sense, but also smells suspiciously like "work" of which I have more than I can handle at the moment lol

Can i just give you the log-in to my coinbase account and you can do whatever you do, just do it with my portfolio too, and you can keep 25% of all profits? :)

Reactions: crustBrother

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh. I didn't see that other subway post. I would be happy with much less than 100x. I would also not be totally shocked if it all went to zero right alongside the dollar. I'm hoping to see ETH go 5x over the next few years, but I don't know sh!t about anything!
you guys must be crazier than I even thought. Why oh why would you read ANY of my crypto posts and think it's anything based in reality? this whole thing is nucking futs and I just want to be along for the ride, even if I lose a few grand. I would rather make a million dollars tonight, but, the ride is part of the fun. And they all have such fun little names and back stories, what's not to love?

Like somebody else posted, my financial needs are all met. My savings and nest egg are all squared away in real long term low cost investment vehicles, and I have ample disposable income to take trips and have some fun while i'm still alive. may as well have some in the crypto game as well, just in case the entire crypto market DOES go 100x

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Rumor has it LUNA is planning on continuous buybacks all through Dec to increase UST market cap. Terra chain also making tons of other moves and development is going apeshit. Wouldn't be surprised to see it keep mooning.

• Love
Reactions: brukuns and r32

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
algo over $2 and holding :cheers:
That helps but I just scanned my purchase history and I think my cost basis is not great, this recent run basically got me even (or I suck at math)
edit I was close, I’m up like $100 :foreheadslap:
I liked scanning a bunch of my fetch and even BTC entry points from a while ago, I think I may have made out better than I think I did this year. My “losers” haven’t really cost me more than a few bucks here and there, and my profit takes have been always been a few to several hundred dollars at a pop. And then a few of my HODLS have just been sitting there not doing much of anything :shrug:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
that sounds super effective and makes a lot of sense, but also smells suspiciously like "work" of which I have more than I can handle at the moment lol

Can i just give you the log-in to my coinbase account and you can do whatever you do, just do it with my portfolio too, and you can keep 25% of all profits? :)
A solid offer.

I tried this with a close friend who asked me to do the same. The first pain is needing the 2FA code every time I want to login. Auth code has to come from her phone and sometimes Coinbase will even ask me to log into her email because I'm trying to log in from a computer they don't recognize. It's especially bad if I need to get her out of a trade quickly because the market is crashing or whatever, and she's asleep or not looking at her phone. Happened several times already and she gave back big profits by getting back to me the next day. :foreheadslap:

The second pain is managing her trades at same time as mine. As simple as it seems to place two trades at once, it's actually quite difficult when the market is hot and I'm trying to nail exact entry points. I play high risk high reward moves sometimes and there is no way I could do both trades without automating the process. I've made her some really good money over the years, but it's been more of a strategy of 'pick a bottom' and wait for the ride up.

BingX

We might be able to use a site like BingX which allows for automated copy-trading. I've always wanted to take on the top traders at BingX. Every single one of the top traders use leverage though. It's the only way to make those kind of weekly gains you see on the leaderboard, but this obviously adds much more risk to your trades if they make bad trades.

Reactions: Subway

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I spent (omitted) on NFT’s last night.
Could be the biggest waste of money of my life.
Lets f’ing go!
Ha nice.

I am down fairly bad on most of the ones I'm still holding, but did mint a "rare" that should put me into the black and then some within the next month or so - it's collection has already begun to run this week. Any other sales will be icing on the cake from there, but I'm not rushing to drop any more into that space. sh!t coins mo betta.

You buy on ETH, SOL, another chain?

• Love
Reactions: racer1

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
A solid offer.

I tried this with a close friend who asked me to do the same. The first pain is needing the 2FA code every time I want to login. Auth code has to come from her phone and sometimes Coinbase will even ask me to log into her email because I'm trying to log in from a computer they don't recognize. It's especially bad if I need to get her out of a trade quickly because the market is crashing or whatever, and she's asleep or not looking at her phone. Happened several times already and she gave back big profits by getting back to me the next day. :foreheadslap:

The second pain is managing her trades at same time as mine. As simple as it seems to place two trades at once, it's actually quite difficult when the market is hot and I'm trying to nail exact entry points. I play high risk high reward moves sometimes and there is no way I could do both trades without automating the process. I've made her some really good money over the years, but it's been more of a strategy of 'pick a bottom' and wait for the ride up.

BingX

We might be able to use a site like BingX which allows for automated copy-trading. I've always wanted to take on the top traders at BingX. Every single one of the top traders use leverage though. It's the only way to make those kind of weekly gains you see on the leaderboard, but this obviously adds much more risk to your trades if they make bad trades.

roger that, sounds like way more work lol. I'll just keep reading this thread and HODLING
I looked back through a LOT of my cost bases, i think i made out pretty well, though today's action is not so hot for my portfolio

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
you should start an ERBB telegram group or twitter, share your insider information with the plebs

Over the years, had many ask me to start telegram / discord group for trading. Valid request, but after giving it much thought, and based on my experiences checking out other trade groups, almost always end up turning into a pump-n-dump type group with friends of friends joining in. More and more people wanting in for easy gains without the work.

And I'm totally down with that. Life is tough and not everyone has the time/energy to put into what it takes to trade all day. I want easy gains too and I enjoy helping / teaching others.

But invariably, there a lot of people who refuse to take responsibility for their own trades. I make bad trades once in a while. For example, yesterday I lost about 9k in 15m trade, when candle went the wrong direction (wrong according to me:roflmao: ). Whoops. But then I made double that in another hour with a better trade. Mistakes happen to everyone in this game but there are always some (many?) who will blame the signal caller for their bad trade. And those are the ones I don't want to deal with.

I'll continue to share information here and of course I hope you guys do well off my info.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
MATIC

Daily chart, so each candle represents 24h of trading for that day. Huge triangle going back to May.

matic.jpg

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

I do not use any bots although I have been experimenting with various bots out there to see how successful or unsuccessful they are. My findings are that they are successful in a super hot market, and very bad in a down market. You really need to specialize each bot for four key variables

A. What coin are you trading? Every coin has different vibe
B. Is the market up, ranging (sideways), or down. You need a separate bot designed for each scenario
C. What is BTC doing? It still rules the price action of the entire market. The bot must be able to react to major BTC moves
D. Strategy. Lots of diff bot strategies. Which one to choose and when to use?

I've yet to find any off-the-shelf bot that is wildly profitable. Very small gains but dam, when it loses money I'm like WTF are you doing you stupid bot! Then I remember, oh yah, I told it to do that in that scenario. :roflmao:

You thinking it breaks through resistance at ~$2.14 on this go round? ZK narrative is strong.
might take a few tries but yes. It broke a huge triangle yesterday on the daily. I'm expecting some up and more up in the long term, as long as Bitty doesn't take a dump.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
whoa what did i miss? goddamn work KEEPS getting in the way of my cryptoing and erbbing!!!!