Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
might take a few tries but yes. It broke a huge triangle yesterday on the daily. I'm expecting some up and more up in the long term, as long as Bitty doesn't take a dump.
And there it goes

Reactions: r32

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I'm long EGLD, something down for they day and hasn't been pumping recently :monkey:

not buying a coin because of a has been rapper that's way past his expiration date :shameonyou:

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Solid breakout. Hope you got some gains :beer:
Rode it up and back down lol

Like I said, the ZK rollup narrative is a good one, so I'm going to stick with this one for a bit and see where it goes.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
if BICO makes it down to 6.00 I'm going big. Be aware this a very high risk play.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
why so risky, just b/c of the recent fast runup, or there is no stuff here, just a hyped coin?
Changing my BICO buy target to 5.45. According to CMC and Gecko, it seems to have listed at that price. I think it has a good chance of reaching that again, so maybe 5.50 will be my buy .:computer:

(.)(.)

Negatives

Brand new coin. Not nearly enough back data to know what levels are important to whales.

Garbage tokenomics. 65m circulating supply but total supply of 1b, so 15.3x more coins than now. Release time 4 years / average of 19.47m every month.

New coin, lists on four major exchanges on same day, is unheard of. Smells fishy and too coordinated. Exchanges don't let a coin project tell them when to list a coin. Exchange list a coin on their schedule. But obviously this was coordinated and it happened because BICO has major VC backing.

Run up 600% in one day and then dumps over 70% the next day. Seen this pump and dump action before, although this is pretty extreme. These PNDs usually end up over 90% pullback. See ICP coinbase listing price action for reference (97% pull back).

Tiny community because it's so new. Will get lost in a sea of new coins, probably.

Plus

Not listed on Binance yet.

On the "not sure if this is a plus or red flag of centralized junk" side

investors joining the $9m round include Coinbase Ventures, CoinFund, Proof Group, Chorus One, Ledgerprime, Huobi Ventures Blockchain Fund, Primitive Ventures, Genblock Capital and Rarestone Capital. In addition, we are also thrilled to get mainstream investors on board such as Bain Capital, NFX, & True Ventures.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think it was TD Ameritrade that did a study on best performing accounts. The best performers were all dead people.

Just HODL!
I think this was my key learning this year...

after I'm in, look, but don't touch

I blew it with FIL and LTC this year....but, then again, who knows if I would have hung tight or dumped those peaks based on my first sentence

anyone know where my keys are?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
I think this was my key learning this year...

after I'm in, look, but don't touch

I blew it with FIL and LTC this year....but, then again, who knows if I would have hung tight or dumped those peaks based on my first sentence

anyone know where my keys are?
I think this is good advice for investing in the S&P500, not sure it's going to ring quite as true for people buying crypto 20 months into a massive bull run.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think this is good advice for investing in the S&P500, not sure it's going to ring quite as true for people buying crypto 20 months into a massive bull run.
if I see an alt double or triple, I'd probably sell

btc/eth/bat I'll sit on for a while

jasmy and other randos I'd be happy flipping if I saw an increase that got my dick sufficiently tumescent

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
that's why i have some "long shots" in the portfolio, hoping one of them takes off for some reason or another

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
BTC destroyed the market his morning. Whales utilizing the opportunity from this article to send the market into panic mode.

Shorted LTC twice this morning. Good stuff bear-whales.

Still riding MATIC which had the best recovery so far at 13% bounce. Sideline on everything else. :computer:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I just can't get in to the "watching at all times" mode

I should set up alerts, but I'm dumb which is why I'll be poor forever

edit: ^^^^case in point^^^^

Reactions: CutnSnip

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Changing my BICO buy target to 5.45. According to CMC and Gecko, it seems to have listed at that price. I think it has a good chance of reaching that again, so maybe 5.50 will be my buy .:computer:

(.)(.)

Negatives

Brand new coin. Not nearly enough back data to know what levels are important to whales.

Garbage tokenomics. 65m circulating supply but total supply of 1b, so 15.3x more coins than now. Release time 4 years / average of 19.47m every month.

New coin, lists on four major exchanges on same day, is unheard of. Smells fishy and too coordinated. Exchanges don't let a coin project tell them when to list a coin. Exchange list a coin on their schedule. But obviously this was coordinated and it happened because BICO has major VC backing.

Run up 600% in one day and then dumps over 70% the next day. Seen this pump and dump action before, although this is pretty extreme. These PNDs usually end up over 90% pullback. See ICP coinbase listing price action for reference (97% pull back).

Tiny community because it's so new. Will get lost in a sea of new coins, probably.

Plus

Not listed on Binance yet.

On the "not sure if this is a plus or red flag of centralized junk" side

investors joining the $9m round include Coinbase Ventures, CoinFund, Proof Group, Chorus One, Ledgerprime, Huobi Ventures Blockchain Fund, Primitive Ventures, Genblock Capital and Rarestone Capital. In addition, we are also thrilled to get mainstream investors on board such as Bain Capital, NFX, & True Ventures.

FDV doesn't seem to matter nearly as much as any of us would expect.

Major VC involvement is a double-edged sword; that generally means there's a lot of institutional money in cheap that will be happy to dump on you.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Job numbers also came in bad and there's fear that the Fed will raise rates to combat inflation, combined with sentiment that asset markets are overvalued in general. Stocks are also shitting the bed. Crypto is more correlated now with tradfi markets than people think; I doubt it's the SEC pontificating about crypto driving this one, especially when the Boomers there don't understand it in the first place.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Job numbers also came in bad and there's fear that the Fed will raise rates to combat inflation, combined with sentiment that asset markets are overvalued in general. Stocks are also shitting the bed. Crypto is more correlated now with tradfi markets than people think; I doubt it's the SEC pontificating about crypto driving this one, especially when the Boomers there don't understand it in the first place.
According to MMT another way to slow inflation is to tax currency back. Right. Not going to happen. The Fed seems to have only one dial after the money has been printed - interest rates. We can't turn those up because that would affect our debt service. What a bind. It seems we hit the limits of MMT in only 11 years of implementation.

I agree on the Boomer take. Congress (Boomers) are used to running 20th century grifts and don't seem to understand crypto. Crypto advocates are pitching it as a distributed ledger rather than a currency and thus a way to streamline banking. Billionaires really seem to like crypto for these reasons. The rest of the private sector seems to agree.

Congress is warning that this will be the end of their fiat control, but crypto is booming because fiat - particularly the USD - is suffering a crisis of legitimacy. Lebanon and Turkey could signal the future.