*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Company let us know last week we are required to disclose vaccine status by December.

non vaccinated employees will then be put on unpaid leave. We are a leader in our space and I expect other companies will do the same.
interesting times

• Angry
Reactions: Kaido

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Company let us know last week we are required to disclose vaccine status by December.

non vaccinated employees will then be put on unpaid leave. We are a leader in our space and I expect other companies will do the same.
interesting times
My company did a vaccine mandate a while back with exceptions made for those with religious or medical exemptions. I just said "will not comply". The deadline came and went almost two months ago. They are still sending me paychecks. :shrug:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My company did a vaccine mandate a while back with exceptions made for those with religious or medical exemptions. I just said "will not comply". The deadline came and went almost two months ago. They are still sending me paychecks. :shrug:
They did this at my work a week ago. Since I've already been vaccinated, I'm going to upload my paperwork. I told them I'm done when they ask for a booster so I'll ride it out until then. This is flowing down from the EO applying to federal employees and contractors. Big companies taking government cheese have to comply.

Seems like we're all playing a game of chicken where we drive as fast as possible toward the cliff edge. Whoever stops closest too it without going over wins except those who started the game were texting while driving and haven't looked up at the horizon in awhile.

Reactions: crustBrother

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Seems like we're all playing a game of chicken where we drive as fast as possible toward the cliff edge. Whoever stops closest too it without going over wins except those who started the game were texting while driving and haven't looked up at the horizon in awhile.
Bro, take comfort in the fact that we were all going to die no matter what! Also, your grandchildren are going to be tough MFers. Sorry bout your kids though. They're screwed.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Bro, take comfort in the fact that we were all going to die no matter what! Also, your grandchildren are going to be tough MFers. Sorry bout your kids though. They're screwed.
Newsom's mandate for school children has incited major resistance in parents who were ambivalent about the mandates and vaccination for themselves. This is far from over.

As a parent, though, one of my jobs is to help my kids transition to the adult world. The more I have to deal with, the more I can hand down to them to prepare them.

The government and its constituents are religious. The vaccine cult is an expression of that religion. But I have one of my own.
"It was by faith that Moses' parents hid him for three months when he was born. They saw that God had given them an unusual child, and they were not afraid to disobey the king's command." Hebrews 11:23

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

interesting times
This would have happened without government mandate too.

And if it wasn't your employer it would have been your health insurer offering a discounted rate for vaccinated individuals.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
We get to wear a mask at work for another month!

YAY!
I don't think you understand.

Our facility is 98% vaccinated.

Yet we are still forced to wear masks, have our balls busted about not eating alone during lunch, and have a bunch of stupid plastic (anti-science) plexiglass partitions around employee work areas.

And that's in no mask mandate San Diego.

You won't be taking that mask off for a long, long time. Vaccine or not.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaido

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't think you understand.

Our facility is 98% vaccinated.

Yet we are still forced to wear masks, have our balls busted about not eating alone during lunch, and have a bunch of stupid plastic (anti-science) plexiglass partitions around employee work areas.

And that's in no mask mandate San Diego.

You won't be taking that mask off for a long, long time. Vaccine or not.
#iknow

I was being fatuous.

They wanted me to take extra sections in the spring and I told them no because I know we will be wearing the stupid masks.

It's funny that they are hurting for teachers now and before the covid they chased a bunch of good teachers away with their inane, labor intensive faculty evaluations.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
MY sister the 4th grade teacher said that they can't even get the dumb anti-vac trump lovin' Christian riverside county teachers to vaccinate.

The kids is a bridge too far.

what's the religion that says that they can't have a vaccine?

is she a jehov?

my aunt is a witness and she's vaccinated....

my employer cancelled back to office plans; sent out a survey asking for vaccine status.

this week you could go in to grocery store and restaurant in yucca valley without a mask. in palm springs we had to eat outside because I didn't bring my proof of vaccination and were required to use masks when not at the table

it's just gotten to be a fkn joke at this point